About GregTech Machines Blowing Up In The Rain

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
Place wood block behind portal. Place lava in front of portal. Wait.

On second thought maybe begging is not that undignified after all...

That sounds like a sucky random method for lighting a portal...

But of course this would work; Until Greg in all his wisdom realized transporting lava in an iron bucket is just silly, because after all lava is so hot it melts through most metals. He'd then makes it so you need a tungsteel (Tungsten has a really high melting point) bucket to transport lava and this bucket will not shield you from the heat. While it's in your inventory you'd either set on fire randomly or suffer heat stroke which will be nausea and slow or both. Then to add to the "challenge" the lava will eventually cool down turning in to a plain old obsidian block if it does not reach it's destination (destroying the bucket).
Ohh and even if you get the lava to the destination the bucket is only a one time use.

EternalDensity

Jul 29, 2019
On second thought maybe begging is not that undignified after all...

That sounds like a sucky random method for lighting a portal...

But of course this would work; Until Greg in all his wisdom realized transporting lava in an iron bucket is just silly, because after all lava is so hot it melts through most metals. He'd then makes it so you need a tungsteel (Tungsten has a really high melting point) bucket to transport lava and this bucket will not shield you from the heat. While it's in your inventory you'd either set on fire randomly or suffer heat stroke which will be nausea and slow or both. Then to add to the "challenge" the lava will eventually cool down turning in to a plain old obsidian block if it does not reach it's destination (destroying the bucket).
Ohh and even if you get the lava to the destination the bucket is only a one time use.

And you can only carry 2 items at a time unless you have a backpack.

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
And you can only carry 2 items at a time unless you have a backpack.
And even then you would move slow.

And it's gotta be a special Gregtech bag made of Kevlar (Or Greglar as I just found out Kevlars actually a tradmark).
You'd need to lyze rubber to make a base polymer. Then you'd need a special weaving machine to turn the polymers in to a fiber. 10 of these fibers go in to a assembler with a carbon plate to make a Greglar sheet. The subsequent bag is made with these sheets in a chest configuration and a titanium plate in the middle.

In retrospect the idea of a tungsteel bucket is not too far fetched when talking about GregTech... Of course he's probably not silly enough to add all that one time use stuff and random immolation.
But making lava only transportable if you use GregTech, to me at least is a very plausible scenario.

Grunguk

Jul 29, 2019
Gotta be honest, when this feature first hit our server I pished myself laughing when reading the chat.

There seem to be a lot of people who don't bother actually building things in minecraft. :)

Reactions: PeggleFrank

Loufmier

Jul 29, 2019
Gregorium is occupied as well, you can find it in StellarCraft modpack(its in FTB launcher). have no idea what mod adds it, but it can be found in recipes of flint &steel and enchanting table.

Reactions: PeggleFrank

immibis

Jul 29, 2019
My point was that if you can get cinderpearls for an RC blast furnace you might as well go the FAR easier route and make a firecharge.
Does the GT blast furnace require nether materials with all standard casings and no upgrades?
Even if so, you can easily get your macerator with the semi-secret gold-to-glowstone recipe.

Reactions: Loufmier

immibis

Jul 29, 2019
Yes.
So are the coal-to-gunpowder recipe, and the sticky resin piston recipe, and the sticky resin torch recipe.

EternalDensity

Jul 29, 2019
Does the GT blast furnace require nether materials with all standard casings and no upgrades?
Even if so, you can easily get your macerator with the semi-secret gold-to-glowstone recipe.

What does the GT blast furnace have to do with it? I thought we were talking about the railcraft one.

natnif36

Jul 29, 2019
Gregorium is occupied as well, you can find it in StellarCraft modpack(its in FTB launcher). have no idea what mod adds it, but it can be found in recipes of flint &steel and enchanting table.

It's misc Periferals adding it.
Come-on now, we have a mod made entirely by the ender-dragoon, and you expect it not to deliberately troll Greg/people?

And why does no-body use the gold+redstone=glowstone recipe for IC2 anymores?
Greg even references it in his glowstoneinanindustrialcentrifuge=gold+redstone, so it's not disabled.
Yeah it's shitly expensive, but for that 1 advanced circuit to make a jetpack, or a macerator, it's worth it.

ApSciLiara

Jul 29, 2019
but they are "cheaper" and dont require EU or coal to make steel
They require coal coke, however. And that requires putting coal into a coke oven and waiting a really long time. And then the steel-ification process takes just as long.
Time spent != worth it.

Sent from boobs (because why not?)

Ako_the_Builder

Jul 29, 2019
They require coal coke, however. And that requires putting coal into a coke oven and waiting a really long time. And then the steel-ification process takes just as long.
Time spent != worth it.

They're a good place to use excess charcoal (from sawdust from a sawmill for example) too, not as efficient as coal coke but in my case it's just something to use all that sawdust on so it's ok.

ApSciLiara

Jul 29, 2019
They're a good place to use excess charcoal (from sawdust from a sawmill for example) too, not as efficient as coal coke but in my case it's just something to use all that sawdust on so it's ok.
That's a good point, I will admit. But apart from that, they're annoying. And slow.

Loufmier

Jul 29, 2019
Time spent != worth it.

coal coke is ant option, but not an actual requirement. i cant also remember ind blast being noticeably faster, without overclockers

Status
Not open for further replies.