64x [64x] Soartex Fanver - Smooth and Clean FTB

Internuntius

Jul 29, 2019
Nothing has worked. Have Minecraft now 4GB of RAM given. Did it more than 100 times restarted. Have all Fanver Texture Packs tried that one on http://soartex.net/downloads/modpacks/#ftb or http://soartex.net/downloads/mods/#16x and all textures that you from the launcher itself can download. All the same, instead of Railcraft vapor image, I see rails with ...

I the times that my AMD HD 6670 is simply not compatible with the textures package. - Can it be?

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Is there nothing that can be done to fix the messed up ComputerCraft text when using this texture pack?
I know you can "fix" it by starting the client without having the texturepack loaded and then load it up, but the "opening the client, disabling texturepack, close client, open client, enable texture pack" routine gets REALLY annoying whenever you need to do a bit of programming or you simply want to read a CC monitor.

SoartexFanver

Jul 29, 2019

There is nothing really anyone can do, as its the fault on the mod not supporting HD Font's the only main way to fix this would be to remove the font from your pack. Or we could do that our end with the packaging. But people like to use our font, I have asked one the developers of the mod before about this issue and the reply was they don't intend to support HD Fonts. This is a problem for a few textures packs but not a whole lot we can do as its the mods fault not ours. I can really only suggest removing the font if it's really bothering you.

I don't believe this is the fault of your graphics card, but could the mod versions. Can you tell me what modpack/mod version of mod in question, I have seen this bug before but it vanished a while back so im not thinking you could be using the "bugged" version of said mod.

Thanks
~ artdude543

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
There is nothing really anyone can do, as its the fault on the mod not supporting HD Font's the only main way to fix this would be to remove the font from your pack. Or we could do that our end with the packaging. But people like to use our font, I have asked one the developers of the mod before about this issue and the reply was they don't intend to support HD Fonts. This is a problem for a few textures packs but not a whole lot we can do as its the mods fault not ours. I can really only suggest removing the font if it's really bothering you.
Ahh I see.
To try it out, how would I go about removing the font from the pack? Currently playing FTB Monster and using the Universal Pack.

Also, must admit I am not a big fan of the current font. Too "cartoony" for my taste. Seem to remember the 1.5.2 packs were using a much cleaner and crisper font that was also easier to read. Didn't have any problems with CC either. Would it be possible somehow to have that as an option?

Last edited:

SoartexFanver

Jul 29, 2019

If you go into the Universal Pack and browse to "assets\minecraft\textures" you will see a folder called "font" delete this and the game will change to using the default font. The current font I agree I am not a fan off this managed to slip its way in during one of our patches. This is in talk of being changed soon maybe around the 1.8 update, but that change would be applied to all packs. The only problem I re-call from the "old" font was problems with AE Terminals the font being too small so you could not read the stack size of your items on the system. But this was dependent on your screen resolutions.

I will see if I can find the old font and send it over to you if you wish unless you know where to find it. But regarding the CC issue at this time removing our current font should fix the issue.

~ artdude543

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
If you go into the Universal Pack and browse to "assets\minecraft\textures" you will see a folder called "font" delete this and the game will change to using the default font. The current font I agree I am not a fan off this managed to slip its way in during one of our patches. This is in talk of being changed soon maybe around the 1.8 update, but that change would be applied to all packs. The only problem I re-call from the "old" font was problems with AE Terminals the font being too small so you could not read the stack size of your items on the system. But this was dependent on your screen resolutions.

I will see if I can find the old font and send it over to you if you wish unless you know where to find it. But regarding the CC issue at this time removing our current font should fix the issue.

~ artdude543
Removing the font like you explained worked perfectly, thanks!

I thought I could find the old font in the texturepack of an old Unleashed installation, but apparently that was new enough to contain the exact same font as the 1.6 packs. So if it is not too much trouble I would be grateful if you would find it. The default MC font is a bit crude for things like AE etc :p

Internuntius

Jul 29, 2019
Direwolf20 (v1.0.21) Minecraft Version 1.6.4
By The FTB Team

This mod package I use. And since today the steam suddenly looks very different, although I have not changed anything - see Picture.

Last edited:

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Direwolf20 (v1.0.21) Minecraft Version 1.6.4
By The FTB Team

This mod package I use. And since today the steam suddenly looks very different, although I have not changed anything - see Picture.

problem isn't with the texturepack. the problem seems to be with the mods as other users have had the exact same texture problem

Reactions: Padfoote

SoartexFanver

Jul 29, 2019
Reactions: rhn

kennen

Jul 29, 2019
Is it normal that most texture for the mod Machinemuse Powersuits 1.6.4 is blank?

I like the whole texture pack but it's that only things missing and it's a bit annoying searching a single item in inventory.

Thanks in advance!

SoartexFanver

Jul 29, 2019

Soartex Fanver does not currently support Machinemuse Powersuits, so I am unsure why you are having this problem. Maybe this could be a bug with the mod in question but as far as the resource pack. Fanver does not have modded support that mod.

~ artdude543

kennen

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks, I figured my problem. Solved by installing Optifine. Looks like it placed the texture back in place.

SoartexFanver

Jul 29, 2019
Hey all,

Soartex has been un-going some massive changes with the site and our hosting and we are proud to show off our brand new website! Our downloads pages have been updated and you can now find all Feed The Beast downloads here all in one place! So please feel free to check out our new site and all comments about it are most appreciated :) Also don't forget to read our news post.

Thanks
~ artdude543

Reactions: Yusunoha and rhn

Derpysauce

Aug 29, 2013
Ben shapiro
i have not updated in a while (i am doing so now) but the version im using renders flux capaciter upgrades on tic as IC2 energy upgrades weird... not even the soartex version just the default :/

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Was wondering a bit about updates and version numbers. Now for the last many updates the FTB Monster resource pack have stayed at version 2.7.2(as long as I can remember actually). Is this intentionally? And if so is there another way to figure out if there have been updates for the packs? Will there be updates here or on the soartex site when a pack gets updated?

zartine

Jul 29, 2019
I was wondering if you plan on updating some of the blocks in the monster pack the opal cobblestone looks vanilla and some of the other blocks do as well? I love this pack and have used it from along time you guys keep up the good work

Softpotatis

Jul 29, 2019
How well does this resourcepack work with FTB Horizons? I have limited internet so don't really wanna download it if there's a ton of vanilla textures still.

SoartexFanver

Jul 29, 2019

Regarding the versioning for our modpack support we use the version of the modpack "version" which is support by the pack. Which in Monsters case the pack is on version "1.1.2" so thats the version of the pack download. We will add an extra column showing the last update time, to make it clearer of when that download was updated. We don't always post on here when new versions have been pushed but that may change in the near future, my recommendation would be to stop by the FTB Download page and download the texture pack to make sure you are running the latest build. Im sorry if our versioning has got you confused but we will be making some fixes to that system soon.

Regarding our modded support each mod will not always be 100%, our modded support is mainly creating from our generous community and from our staff team. So things do take some time to get added/fixed or even started. If however you want to help us with adding in texture support be sure to stop by our modded thread here to submit textures or create a pull request to one of our repositories here.

Personally I have not tried out the Horizons pack so im un-sure on the mod support state but I would recommend downloading the pack so you can see for yourself, you don't have to constantly download the pack but say around once a fortnight or month to make sure you using a fairly up to date build.

~ artdude543

Last edited:
Reactions: rhn

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Regarding the versioning for our modpack support we use the version of the modpack "version" which is support by the pack. Which in Monsters case the pack is on version "1.1.2" so thats the version of the pack download. We will add an extra column showing the last update time, to make it clearer of when that download was updated. We don't always post on here when new versions have been pushed but that may change in the near future, my recommendation would be to stop by the FTB Download page and download the texture pack to make sure you are running the latest build. Im sorry if our versioning has got you confused but we will be making some fixes to that system soon.
Oh the 2.7.2 was just what shows up ingame when choosing the resource pack. Was just curious that it seems to have stayed the same for as long as I can remember :p

I am currently modifying the pack a little bit(adding a few textures from another pack and removing the font(thank you again for the help on that)), so it is a bit bothersome to update just to be sure. But a column with "last updated" date would be awesome as it would be very easy to compare them.