64x [64x] Soartex Fanver - Smooth and Clean FTB

SoartexFanver

Jul 29, 2019
Oh the 2.7.2 was just what shows up ingame when choosing the resource pack.

Ahh, I see what you mean by that now. Thats the Vanilla base version, I could see that putting people out of sync from the latest downloads from the website. I will look into how we can modify that file which has that text to make it different for each pack we offer downloads for.

~ artdude543

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Ahh, I see what you mean by that now. Thats the Vanilla base version, I could see that putting people out of sync from the latest downloads from the website. I will look into how we can modify that file which has that text to make it different for each pack we offer downloads for.

~ artdude543
Ahh I see. Makes sense now that there were lengthy times between version changes, while lots of changes were made to the FTB packs ;)

SoartexFanver

Jul 29, 2019

If you are experiencing the graphical bug without using the Soartex Fanver pack then I would guess that this is a bug with the mod itself which you can submit a bug report here for them. We don't offer "mod" bug support as its not our thing ;) But your best bet would be to create an issue over on the link I posted to let the Tinkers know about this possible bug.

Ha ha yeah sorry about the whole versioning mix up ;) We will get this hopefully fixed soon(tm)

~ artdude543

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
What the heck just happened to Geostrata Quartz????

Right first I have to say how cool it is that you are constantly updating the pack, adding new textures etc. And I must admit I do understand the logic in changing the texture of the Geostrata Quartz so that you don't find it with facets when mining. But damn it is cruel to suddenly change a texture so dramatically after many months of having used another one!

Personally have hundreds or thousands of hours work filled with blocks and microblocks of Geostrata Quartz, so now either faced with the prospect of changing EVERYTHING into MC "Block of Quartz" that seems to be the source of the previous texture(which at this point seems like a almost impossible task, and is actually using slightly different textures on some faces:mad:), or have to modify my Soartex pack from here on to make it use the old textures, thereby making it difficult to share my save with anyone without having to give them the modified texture pack as well...

You can get a good idea of the scope of predicament in this thread:
http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/rhns-1-6-monster-build-journal-and-guide-collection.42664/

Please in the future: If you don't have a proper texture for something, don't just use some placeholder for months and then suddenly decide to change it later.

Reactions: AlCapella

SoartexFanver

Jul 29, 2019

Okay lets get something put straight first here. We do not use any "placeholders" for any textures, we have never done and will never do such a thing. Period.

So Geostrata I have never used the mod or textured it but looking at the default textures there was a slight change, so that was taken effect on the repo. This happens a lot we do try to stay similar to the original texture but add the Fanver twist on top. But in this instance as its late stage I will switch out the texture back to the one we have before, but in our 1.7/1.8 repos there will be a few texture changes made as we are cleaning things up and making sure we are sticking to the default styles but still having the Fanver twists.

Sorry is this has caused any problems to yourself but being rude to us will not always solve things, but I will let this one slide.

Download links are on the main page of this thread just under the cover image.

~ artdude543

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Okay lets get something put straight first here. We do not use any "placeholders" for any textures, we have never done and will never do such a thing. Period.

So Geostrata I have never used the mod or textured it but looking at the default textures there was a slight change, so that was taken effect on the repo. This happens a lot we do try to stay similar to the original texture but add the Fanver twist on top. But in this instance as its late stage I will switch out the texture back to the one we have before, but in our 1.7/1.8 repos there will be a few texture changes made as we are cleaning things up and making sure we are sticking to the default styles but still having the Fanver twists.

Sorry is this has caused any problems to yourself but being rude to us will not always solve things, but I will let this one slide.

Sorry if my post can in any way be interpreted as "rude", that was definitely not my intention. Was more trying to voice my frustration of seeing the looks of blocks change all of a sudden(not just blocks being updated from original texture to high-res one, but high-res texture suddenly being replaced by another highres texture). Specially so late in the 1.6 "lifecycle" and after having used the first texture for so long. (I actually held off for about a month before using the block on a large scale at first, just to make sure you didn't change it midway. :p)

And like I said I really get the logic in why you designed the new texture the way it is, and would wish this was how it was made from the beginning. But changing it now is rather problematic for anyone who have been using that block in builds. So holding it off for now in the 1.6 packs is probably the best approach.

SoartexFanver

Jul 29, 2019

It's cool people just interpret things differ. But the texture has been changed on the repo but the server does not compile updated downloads for another few days as its all automated so if you wanted the main download you would have to wait but you can pull the texture from here. Yeah we do usually not "drastically" change textures late stage of a version cycle but sometimes they slip in without being noticed. But thats the "wonderful" world of texturing for you ;)

~ artdude543

Reactions: rhn

SaintLucifer

Jul 29, 2019
So did the Soartex team drop the support for 1.6 mods? Curious about it, since the last 1.6 commit was like a month ago.

SoartexFanver

Jul 29, 2019
Officially we are dropping our 1.6.x life cycle sometime next week, but we have been working more on the 1.7.x cycle now. Some texture can be backported but this would be something we would not be doing unless a large amount of users would like a backport. 1.7.x is now "current" in terms of mods and modpacks so we are working on that instead of working on an older version. I know some our of developers would still push to 1.6.x but myself and some of the other main developers are no longer going to work on 1.6.x but work on 1.7.x instead.

Along with this we are also working on other projects for Soartex such as the new Customizer and updated our site infrastructure and other misc things. But once that is all done we will focus on getting our 1.7.x support back up to speed and porting the rest of our 1.6.x patches to 1.7.x.

~ artdude543

chancelarose

Jul 29, 2019
I found a bug in the Soartex texture pack. The lava in a waterproof pipe doesn't show like it should. It also does this with the Tanks.
I'm using FTB Unleashed.
2014-09-03_03.25.39.png 2014-09-03_03.25.45.png

SoartexFanver

Jul 29, 2019
This is a common bug with changing texture in game or after pack load, seems to only effect BuildCraft and a few other mods. Reloading the whole modpack with having Soartex Fanver as the selected pack should fix this issue.

~ artdude543