32x [32x] JohnSmith Technician's Remix

Aceldamor

Jul 29, 2019
Big fan of this TP! Keep up the great work guys, I love the fact that you can run this TP without Optifine if needs be.

I understand that a lot of this pack is still WIP. I wasn't sure if it had been reported yet or not, but there are missing textures for components for the Portal Gun. The black hole and ender dust are missing textures. I know that some of the WIP textures show pink boxes but these are missing completely.

Like I said, I'm not complaining as I understand this is a WIP texture pack. I just wanted to bring it to the attention of the powers that be just in case it hasn't been mentioned yet.

Freakscar

Jul 29, 2019
Knowledge Fragments, Advanced Golem Clay Worker, Advanced Golem Stone Worker, and Accessory: Top Hat / Fez / Bowtie / Glasses.
To whom it may concern: I added them.
ss_core.png

Reactions: Entropy

door54

Jul 29, 2019
Hello. I have a problem. Gravel in this texture pack looks dark green almost dark grey. But in terrain file it is as normal gravel color. Which mod can change the color of gravel maybe someone knows how to make it back? Thank You.

KillerRamer

Jul 29, 2019
Is their a way to manually fix the mix up between the Xycraft blocks? You certainly did justice to them but the mix up really screws with the design of my castle, and being able to switch them out would help immensely!

To whom it may concern: I added them.
View attachment 946
Also where should I put the file? messing around with texturepacks is a bit of foreign territory for me.

Dekar

Jul 29, 2019
Does Optifine work well with this texture pack?

For the best results of the pack you should be using Optifine for the animations and upgrades to other textures.[DOUBLEPOST=1357310926][/DOUBLEPOST]Also, I think I figured out why sometimes the text on the GUIs is darker then others. For me it depends if I have something in my hand, if I am holding an object or empty it will change the color. Weird right?

Freakscar

Jul 29, 2019
Also where should I put the file? messing around with texturepacks is a bit of foreign territory for me.
As promised, here's the quick and dirty way to replace the needed file. Before you do anything else, download my attached file up there, it should be named "ss_core.png" by default. Safe it somewhere handy, like your desktop.

Now, locate your FTB folder and navigate to the appropriate "texturepacks" folder in question. In my example, as I usually play with the Direwolf20 Modpack, you can see it's "FTB\Direwolf20\minecraft\texturepacks". Inside, you will find your installed texturepack/s (may be more if you happen to not only have the JSx32 installed)
texturepath.jpg

In order to manipulate this ".zip" file, you need either a copy of WinZip, 7zip, WinRar (my recommendation) or, even simpler, Windows built-in support for .zip files.
Whichever program you use, open up the .zip and be amazed by about two dozen differend folders. Luckily, we only have to find the following folder:
thaumcraftpath.jpg

"JohnSmith 1.4.2.zip > thaumcraft\resources"

Inside THAT folder are a handful of files. The one in question is the I one highlighted here:
replace.jpg

ss_core.png - sounds familiar, doesn't it? ;) Now, position the open zip-file's window in a way that you can see your previously downloaded "ss_core.png" (my version) and drag'n'drop it over. You should get a popup requesting confirmation to "Replace ss_core.png?" - of course we say "Yes, replace" (or whatever is the positive answer^^). Thats it. Close everything up, you're done.

I hope this was detailed enough. If not, don't hesitate to throw a pm at me in case you get stuck. =)

Entropy

Jul 29, 2019
As the JSTR guys won't be doing support for Gregtech (which is fine, and I respect them for it), how has everyone else been doing with Gregtech? Do you guys just leave them untextured or what? I've added in Faithful stuff, so it's all textured, but it sticks out like a sore thumb. Anybody have any suggestions?

DrCeph

Jul 29, 2019
Hey Zira,

I just realised the mycelium texture I put up still had a few greenish pixels in one corner that created a yuck repeating effect. I've attached the fixed version to this post.

Attachments

• terrain.png
    terrain.png
    395 KB · Views: 153

Whovian

Jul 29, 2019
Hello. I have a problem. Gravel in this texture pack looks dark green almost dark grey. But in terrain file it is as normal gravel color. Which mod can change the color of gravel maybe someone knows how to make it back? Thank You.

I think it's related to the color.properties file.[DOUBLEPOST=1357423943][/DOUBLEPOST]
Yeah don't use GregTech

Unless we like GregTech.

Entropy

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah don't use GregTech

Well aren't you just goddamn genius? Why didn't I ever think of that?
/sarcasm

I wasn't aware that gravel could change colors, then again I have a fairly customized terrain.png, so maybe it doesn't do it to mine.

Linte

Nov 13, 2012
Right I have included the latest Faithful Portal Gun textures, so they should work with FTB now, and as far as those saplings go, they're part of Forestry, but I believe the reason they show up as fire is Sengir hasn't fully implimented them yet (remember the version of Forestry in FTB is a beta), and there's not really anything we can do to fix that ATM. The only way to obtain them is to spawn them in through NEI anyway, and I wouldn't recommend using them at the moment as they cause world corruption.

As for the white endermen and spiders, it seems MC has changed the way some of the mob textures are mapped, and John Smith himself hasn't fully updated his original texture pack to properly support everything 1.4 added (You may notice things like carrots-on-sticks don't have JS textures). For an interim soloution, I have removed the spider and enderman textures from the pack, so the default textures should be used instead until a better solution can be found.

I still have the problem with the spiders. Endermen are fine (and as far as I can see it, everything else too), but spiders are just blank white. Is there any other solution? Like manually changing the specific texture? Other than that: thanks for this nice TP, really love it. Your work is much appreciated. :)

Thanks in advance,
Linte

Glowstrontium

Jul 29, 2019
Are you using a recent version of the TP? I recently merged the community-made fixes for the mob textures into the pack, and on my end spiders look fine, so I'm not sure what could be causing such an issue for some people.

Linte

Nov 13, 2012
Yop, had the issue with the updated version of 2013/1/4 and with 2013/1/5 also. A friend of mine uses the most recent version and got the same Prob (only spiders). Just thought it would be good to let you know. :)

Greetings,
Linte

Lady_Oolong

Jul 29, 2019
Whoever's working on xycraft, do you plan do add textures for the alternate style xycorium bricks? (Called Laira bricks in the config, need to be enabled to see it. They're called that because Soaryn put them back in mostly to make Morvelaira happy. ;) In the Dec 29 copy of the pack I last picked up, they were missing (and the source files are already 32x so it's better to leave them in even unmodded).

Glowstrontium

Jul 29, 2019
Um I haven't really done much with the xycraft stuff since I first did the blocks, but it's something that's in the pipeline to update.

In regards to Gregtech, one of the reasons it hasn't been done is because it adds a ton of new items and blocks, almost on par with IC2 itself, and will take a long while to texture, and once we start on it, it's yet another mod to keep up to date to avoid missing textures. It will probably get done eventually, but if anyone wants to take a crack it it, feel free, just try to follow the existing JSTR textures for IC2 :)