32x [32x] JohnSmith Technician's Remix

Stellastronza

Jul 29, 2019
GUIs need to be improved a bit, otherwise this is a great texture pack. I'd also add a fan to the IC2 heat vents texture, just behind the one that is currently used to better represent the vanilla IC2 texture :)

Darkthought

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any option for Red-Green colorblind wheat? I'll be damned if I can tell if my wheat is fully grown. That's the only thing preventing me from using this.

Glowstrontium

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm well the wheat used in this pack is from John Smith's original terrain.png, but if it helps fully grown wheat has a larger "head" than the other stages, and doesn't have the pointly stem parts at the top, which may help you to spot them :) Believe it or not, I also suffer from red-green colourblindness, but they're still fairly distinguishable to me due to their varying levels of brightness.

Grood

Jul 29, 2019
How do we get the animations for handheld torches to work with this texture pack and FTB?

Grood

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you Zica. I realized that I had optifine set to run as a regular mod when I ought to have set it up as a jar-mod. Works beautifully now and I can once again enjoy the dancing flames of my handheld torches!

stormkitster

Jul 29, 2019
Hey had this pack been updated any further or is it finalized? I haven't had much time to keep up lately so sorry for the questions but I'm curious.Thanks.

stormkitster

Jul 29, 2019
Small updates tend to be added every few days, you can check out the latest additions in the rolling changelog.
Alright thanks Glows. Keep up the work guys.

Though no one ever answered my question about the gui for the electric furnace is off a bit the socket area is invisible, you only know its there buy putting the cursor on the area. This natural or can it be fixed? Picture is in my last post I think showing this. Good TP' btw.

Glowstrontium

Jul 29, 2019
That one's probably my fault, as when I originally did the forestry GUI's I based them from a set of Faithful textures that were slightly outdated. It shouldn't be too much of an issue to fix, I'll try to get round to it soon, as I'm currently fixing up some GUI bugs that I've noticed with the other mods. I did update the Apiary GUI to support the recently added frame upgrades though.

stormkitster

Jul 29, 2019
That one's probably my fault, as when I originally did the forestry GUI's I based them from a set of Faithful textures that were slightly outdated. It shouldn't be too much of an issue to fix, I'll try to get round to it soon, as I'm currently fixing up some GUI bugs that I've noticed with the other mods. I did update the Apiary GUI to support the recently added frame upgrades though.

Aye thanks glow, I don't try to be such a pain I just notice things and if it can help make the pack more better.Well its good to know the GUI's are being worked. One other thing noticed is,well I haven't tested all the engines but the electrical engines are not moving at all when powered. I don't know if this is something on my part, have all animations on so I really don't have a clue. Might go back into single player and test out some more.

logoster

Jul 29, 2019
i love the john smith texture pack, and i love mods, so this is AWESOME, as it makes it so that we can get the best of both :D

TheLegendaryFoxFire

Jul 29, 2019
The Reeds and Sticky Reeds from IC2 Crops look the same. A different texture to change how Sticky Reed looks different normal Reed would be helpful thanks.

Blade4323

Jul 29, 2019
Hey, for some reason several items are etiher pink blocks or a pink square. Im using the version of optifine needed, HD_U_A7. Pink blocks would include the Energy O Mat, Energy Counter, or Average counter. The top of the block of the Range trigger is also pink. Pink squares would include the Ice Capsule, Night Vision Goggles, Debug Item, Counter Sensor kit/location card and the text card. I will upload screen shots if asked,

stormkitster

Jul 29, 2019
Hey, for some reason several items are etiher pink blocks or a pink square. Im using the version of optifine needed, HD_U_A7. Pink blocks would include the Energy O Mat, Energy Counter, or Average counter. The top of the block of the Range trigger is also pink. Pink squares would include the Ice Capsule, Night Vision Goggles, Debug Item, Counter Sensor kit/location card and the text card. I will upload screen shots if asked,

my guess would be you failed at installing it correctly, try to install i again on a fresh copy (force update) of FTB and go from there. its meant to be added to the jar mods under "edit mods" u just click as go to folder select optifine and close out if it appears right under forgeloader. It should work just fine. I tested this so many times and I have no problems with it at all.