32x [32x] JohnSmith Technician's Remix

Presariov

Jul 29, 2019
Does this not support IC2? It didn't show up in the patcher and the textures for IC2 stuff was default.

Freakscar

Jul 29, 2019
Any real word on support for DivineRPG? At least partially..
Most, if not all of us, focus on completing / setting up the textures needed for a 100% Ultimate Support. That's the main goal as of now. This does not mean, there never will be support for DivineRPG - but seeing as DRPG is more of a total conversion, rather than a mere mod, I don't dare to ponder about when that might happen. We're talking about thousands of textures here. Thats a hefty piece of work for a handful of people that create these textures in their freetime. Again, anybody is free to contribute to this pack, so if someone wants to tackle this project, go for it. I know I will not have the time to create textures for a mod/tc that I neither use, nor know. Sorry to disappoint you. :(

Reactions: ScottKillen

Spasticon

Jul 29, 2019
Here we go guys I think I got all the GUI's if not sorry this is the best i can do , I hope this helps some people use this great texture pack GUI Pack

So what is the official word on interface backgrounds? This works but I'm sorry grindle I'm not sure if you're part of the JSTR team or not.

I agree that it doesn't make sense to "remix" this for a technical pack and then leave hanging with transparent interface backgrounds :( I'm able to use the modpack only because I'm using familiar blocks so I know what is what in the interfaces. I'm about to branch out and explore some of the new mod packs and I already know I'm going to have to turn JSTR off because I won't be able to use the machines until I learn their interfaces.

Freakscar

Jul 29, 2019
So what is the official word on interface backgrounds? This works but I'm sorry grindle I'm not sure if you're part of the JSTR team or not.
If you insist on "official" statements, start reading from posting n° 149 and following. There you'll find Zica, Glowstrontium and my humble self write about that topic - and we are indeed part of the team. ;)

In short: No, there are no plans currently to redo all of the guis to a different/opaque look.

Spasticon

Jul 29, 2019
If you insist on "official" statements, start reading from posting n° 149 and following. There you'll find Zica, Glowstrontium and my humble self write about that topic - and we are indeed part of the team. ;)

In short: No, there are no plans currently to redo all of the guis to a different/opaque look.

Thanks for the link to the relevant section of the thread.

Freakscar

Jul 29, 2019
If you think there are more where that gui came from - sorry to disappoint. It was the only one I did ("Here's the mass fabricator, as an example.") and since then I have adapted to the original guis, thus scrapping the rework altogether. Plus, it looks awful, like an ugly piece of patchwork. *shudders* Thank you for reminding me. >.<'

Spasticon

Jul 29, 2019
It just seems a little odd to me to stick to the "original design" of JS on this one element when the original design clearly used opaque backgrounds when appropriate... and the original design never could have anticipated the interface complexity we see in some of these new mods. I mean... if you really wanted to stay true to the original design then you probably shouldn't be creating JSTM.

In any case... it's your work and you can do what you like with it. It definitely does look awesome. I just won't be using it.

DamagePlan

Jul 29, 2019
I've had an interesting discovery with Xycraft tanks. As soon as I add the valve to complete the multiblock structure, I get this:

View attachment 2998

I had the same issue. I placed a block adjacent to the tank and the wall is was against (such as under the torch in your screenshot) and it fixed the textures. I was then able to remove the block and everything looked fine after that.

Zica

Jul 29, 2019
It just seems a little odd to me to stick to the "original design" of JS on this one element when the original design clearly used opaque backgrounds when appropriate... and the original design never could have anticipated the interface complexity we see in some of these new mods. I mean... if you really wanted to stay true to the original design then you probably shouldn't be creating JSTM.

In any case... it's your work and you can do what you like with it. It definitely does look awesome. I just won't be using it.

A lot of the opaque backgrounds that johnsmith used were hand drawn with actual art utensils, and then were scanned and modified to fit within the minecraft GUI. As much as I would love to do this, it is just not feasible to do it for every single GUI in the game, (which there are a ton of)