32x [32x] JohnSmith Technician's Remix

flamedance58

Jul 29, 2019
Sadly, the choice for a lack of a background is the only reason I won't be using JS.

its digustingly annoying and makes most gregtech interfaces absolutely unusable. Rotary items and most with a "RPM" status are unreadable.

It's really disappointing this won't be fixed.

Can't agree more.
I love the pack, it looks great but the fact I can barely read the GUIs at all is a pain in the ass.
I know it's a style but style shouldn't take away from it being practical and user-friendly.
I'm pretty disappointed as this means I'll have to hope that someone can custom alter those files and share them so I can see what I'm doing ingame.

grindle2000

Jul 29, 2019
Here we go guys I think I got all the GUI's if not sorry this is the best i can do , I hope this helps some people use this great texture pack GUI Pack

grindle2000

Jul 29, 2019
I get very good dl speed but im sorry its hosted the only way i can , if you want put it on another host :) , i have no claim of any kind to any of the textures , all i did was take the time to copy and paste some files.

retep998

NoLifeBunny
Wiki Staff
Dec 31, 2012
Worcester, Massachusetts
I get very good dl speed but im sorry its hosted the only way i can , if you want put it on another host :) , i have no claim of any kind to any of the textures , all i did was take the time to copy and paste some files.
Oh, sorry, I was referring to the official JSTR download from the website. I'm getting 90 KB/s from your download.

flamedance58

Jul 29, 2019
I do kinda miss the JST's wooden texture as a part of the GUIs...but if their not gonna change it...that's too bad.

kheeler

Jul 29, 2019
That's the style of johnsmith, and sadly, you aren't able to change the font color on GUIs.
Choosing style over usability only hurts the pack. Try reading any machine GUI at night in a rainstorm and tell me this is the best approach.

I love the JS pack and tolerate this issue. But if a third party fix for the GUIs comes along, I'll be all over it. I may work on this myself as I have time.

And a big thanks to everyone who has worked so hard on this pack. Still my favorite pack by far.

jetflight

Jul 29, 2019
Will the stuff get fixed that is not done yet, would love to use the pack, but their a few things not even showing, mostly what i have seen its thaumcraft (the glass block is not invisible), zombie brains arent shown at all... i used an diffrent version of johnsmith but not love the version of the remix one more.

any solutions to the errors?

Freakscar

Jul 29, 2019
Wow, that download speed. Getting only 15 KB/s downloading the texturepack. You might want to consider using some sort of CDN to host the actual downloads.
Weird, I get 1.1Mbit download rate. Seems to be a problem along the line, not the hosting server. And no, I cannot tell why your DSL gets bad rates. Sorry. :-/
Curious as to what could be wrong, I downloaded the most recent JSTR pack - I see the warded glas just fine and the brain / brain in a jar are there, too. No problems thaumcraft-texture-wise. As for the Thaumcraft warded glas not being completely see-through, that is Thaumcraft's design choice. Nothing we can do about that. If you don't believe me, open the texture pack and have a look yourself: There are no pixels in the texture, other than the "runes" surrounding the block.

Zica

Jul 29, 2019
Will the stuff get fixed that is not done yet, would love to use the pack, but their a few things not even showing, mostly what i have seen its thaumcraft (the glass block is not invisible), zombie brains arent shown at all... i used an diffrent version of johnsmith but not love the version of the remix one more.

That would be my fault, I wasn't able to update the OP with the new website link as I didn't have access to a computer for the past week or so.

Aceldamor

Jul 29, 2019
I've had an interesting discovery with Xycraft tanks. As soon as I add the valve to complete the multiblock structure, I get this:

2013-03-25_20.54.41.jpg

jetflight

Jul 29, 2019
That would be my fault, I wasn't able to update the OP with the new website link as I didn't have access to a computer for the past week or so.

It's ok take your time, just wanted to know if its gonna be fixed :), plz tell me ones it uploaded / or give me extimatet time so i dont download the same thing every time ^^