32x [32x] JohnSmith Technician's Remix

jamesw40k

Jul 29, 2019
I'd rather have gigantic EU storage than have loads of EU go to waste. IC2 adds things required by IC2 itself that's what they do. Call me a masochist if you want but I enjoy the changes it makes to IC2, gives me more of a challenge. Alternatively you could just disable those configs. The whole purpose of Greg Tech is to expand upon IC2, give you something to aspire to. A greater goal for those seeking a challenge. A challenge to feed the beast within.

LazDude2012

Jul 29, 2019
We can agree to disagree. If you feel like texturing GregTech, have a go at it, copy our art style, etc. We'll be happy to link it. We're just not (at the moment) going to texture it ourselves because we all hate it.

Reactions: kev12east

jamesw40k

Jul 29, 2019
We can agree to disagree. If you feel like texturing GregTech, have a go at it, copy our art style, etc. We'll be happy to link it. We're just not (at the moment) going to texture it ourselves because we all hate it.

Must be the marmite of the modding world. I'll have a go at texturing it myself but I'm not spectactular

Tompa974

Jul 29, 2019

I just installed this and went *wow*. Awesome work guys. I have been a huge fan of John Smith during my MC time. Nice to have it working with FTB now :D Keep up the great work!

It'll be interesting how this texture pack will look like in a more industrious/modern setting. I'll see soon enough I guess ;P

KoncreteLiquids

Jul 29, 2019
Potatoes and carrots look awesome... What about the GUI's on things like Enchantment/Crafting tables and ovens, machines, the background is gone and all the letting is barely visable

Katrinya

Jul 29, 2019
Great texture pack! I was getting a bit tired of Sphax and was in search of a new look. Thanks for the hard work put into supporting all those mods. :)

Re: Greg's tech- Config options are wonderful. The way I have the pack set up, Greg's Tech is actually rather delightfully OP. (Mystcraft decay turned off + Dense Ores = Iridium for everyone!)

Reactions: toffeewinks

Jugg3rV

Jul 29, 2019
Great texture pack! I was getting a bit tired of Sphax and was in search of a new look. Thanks for the hard work put into supporting all those mods. :)

Re: Greg's tech- Config options are wonderful. The way I have the pack set up, Greg's Tech is actually rather delightfully OP. (Mystcraft decay turned off + Dense Ores = Iridium for everyone!)

LoL - NEI to cheatmode does the same ...

Stellastronza

Jul 29, 2019
an awesome texture pack. beats sphax cartoonish - pentagonal style 100 to 0. keep up the good work guys. I'll be spreading the word about this TP.

Katrinya

Jul 29, 2019
LoL - NEI to cheatmode does the same ...

Ugh. No, it's not the same as NEI. I have a busy job and not as much time to play as I'd like, so I customize my game to make the boring resource gathering part shorter without removing it. Eliminating mining at the start of the game removes the sense of progress.

Don't approve? Too bad. There's no wrong way to play Minecraft.

Jugg3rV

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry, forgot to set sarcasm off ;)

I like the fact that you'll get other dimensions, but i think it's far to easy to switch. And to make the dimensons as you wish is like playing god, or using world edit ... I think, if you used up all resources, you'll have to travel more to get new ones. I also understand that you like to at least play for the ores and do some mining. Working for progress is important, still it's very close to editing the basic world.

admiral0

Jul 29, 2019
I have a of suggestion. Batteries look bad in the industrialcraft machines. Why not change color (do it more grayish) for the original texture?

Katrinya

Jul 29, 2019
And to make the dimensons as you wish is like playing god, or using world edit.

While it's not my preference, there's nothing wrong with using world edit, or creative mode, or whatever, if that's how you enjoy the game. I'm sorry if I came across a little defensive before, but I'm really tired of people behaving as though I'm somehow of suspect moral character because I don't want to spend half my adult life crawling around underground.

KoncreteLiquids

Jul 29, 2019
Is it the texture pack or a setting that turns off the background in the GUI in game? In my inventory or when I click on any machine or chest I can't see the background with the name of whatever I have selected or if it is a battbox or something I can't see the info

LazDude2012

Jul 29, 2019
That's the lettering color, and unfortunately, it's hard-coded, I've contacted Dinnerbone about that, but in the meantime, I'll work on some backgrounds for the GUIs.

Dragonfel

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a way to get more "mushroomy" mycelium? I'm not a fan of mushroom biomes looking identical to grass.

LazDude2012

Jul 29, 2019
Um, I'd say to check the JohnSmith customiser. They might have what you're looking for, and then you copy the terrain.png into our ZIP file. Heck, tell us which options you like, and we'll put the best ones into our pack.

EDIT: Probably. :p

Dragonfel

Jul 29, 2019
I've been having an issue with the texture of endermen and spiders. They appear white/grey and look quite odd. Any advice for fixing this?

Zica

Jul 29, 2019
I've been having an issue with the texture of endermen and spiders. They appear white/grey and look quite odd. Any advice for fixing this?

Is it just for the Enderman and spiders? Or is it affecting all mobs? We had a problem with the zombies earlier where half of the textures were missing, and the current ones were being placed in the wrong spot, but we fixed that. At least I think,