[16x] Familiar yet Different [1.6.X-1.7.X][FTB][Dead]

Greevir

Jul 29, 2019
New Thaumcraft update messed up some stuff. I believe some stuff was moved from ss_core.png to ss_world.png and also a few things were added.

Morton00000

Jul 29, 2019
The dropbox has been updated with Thaumcraft 3 stuff however I won't do an official update until FTB updates because the new texture format breaks for older versions of the mod.
This is mostly default but there are some finished textures.

Georgie

Jul 29, 2019
few things that's always a deal-breaker for me with texture packs.

Lava has to look good (love using it as lighting), More than one shade of Bricks, And the Plants have to be easy to distinguish between grown and not yet grown (far too many and vanilla have the plants look real similar at all stages of growth)

retep998

NoLifeBunny
Wiki Staff
Dec 31, 2012
Worcester, Massachusetts
I do wish you'd update to the latest bleeding edge GregTech. There are several new cells and dusts as well as silver ore changing into galena (mixture of lead and silver so yet another shade of gray). In addition there is an entirely new machine, the refinery, with its own new GUI.

Morton00000

Jul 29, 2019
I have to say I dread every time GregTech updates.
This said I'll look into that tomorrow.
I will probably make the new silver look like my silver texture from Factorization.
(It has silver and lead colors instead of a new color.)

[Edit]
Also to comment on Georgie the wheat growth texture is very old and needs to be redone but I've been putting it off.
The potato/carrot growth texture was just a quick add when they were added.
The bricks are more than one color but the shade difference is very small.
The lava is also a very old texture but I have no plans to redo it.

RockJB

Jul 29, 2019
few things that's always a deal-breaker for me with texture packs.

Lava has to look good (love using it as lighting), More than one shade of Bricks, And the Plants have to be easy to distinguish between grown and not yet grown (far too many and vanilla have the plants look real similar at all stages of growth)
I'll have to agree with this, regarding to the crops.
I mean, Nether Wart is just ridiculous. I don't know what I'd do if I didn't use golems.

Revemohl

Jul 29, 2019
I love this texture pack (I didn't think I would like it as much from the screenshots alone), but there are two things about it that annoy me a bit.
1. The NEI info about Thermal Expansion machines tells how much energy is used to do something, like smelting a piece of iron ore. However, on this texture pack, that part doesn't show up, possibly because that box is too bright.
2. Xychorium ore blocks look way too similar to most vanilla blocks, the dark one and coal ore for example.

Morton00000

Jul 29, 2019
The versions of NEI or Thermal Expansion in the launcher are just fine and don't have a problem maybe you are using a more up-to-date version than is in the launcher and I haven't updated for that yet or they just removed it.
As for the Xychorium I can understand how the coal can look like dark Xychorium in some conditions but the other colors of Xychorium all have a definite glow to them so I assumed it would be hard to mix them up.
Also about the NEI/Thermal Expansion thing I only checked the Direwolf20 pack assuming that most people use that.

Cman333

Jul 29, 2019
New Thaumcraft update messed up some stuff. I believe some stuff was moved from ss_core.png to ss_world.png and also a few things were added.
Sorry if this is kinda off topic, but what mod did you use to show the durability of armor on the left side of the screen?

Morton00000

Jul 29, 2019
I have put a pre pack in the main post.
It should work with the new/updated 1.4.7 packs but has only been tested with the updated MindCrack pack.

Also I have been taking a little break from textures recently to play something other than Minecraft.
If anyone wishes to try to update this pack for some other mods/mod packs I would ask that you post the textures in this thread or message me with the textures and the name of the mod they are for.
I only check this forum about daily right now so it could take a while for me to see your post or message.

Thank you all for your patience.
I will still be around and will probably only update once a week on maybe Monday or Tuesday.
This counts as a Monday update for this week but that doesn't mean this will be the only update this week.

fabledtruth

Jul 29, 2019
probably a stupid question, but what mod is CivCraft ? Haven't heard of it :O would u mind giving me a link ?

Greevir

Jul 29, 2019
I miss using this pack. And yeah, don't burn yourself out on it, give yourself a break time to time.

Greevir

Jul 29, 2019
Hey morton, been a while since I last used this pack and I really miss it. I had to stop using it for a while as it clashes quite a bit with the mods I'm using that aren't textured. Well, I simply got sick of vanilla and tried out vattics faithful (was not quite cutting it) and now I'm back to using this pack. Didn't realize how much I missed it till I started using it again! I'm also currently running a server where I have gotten a few people using this pack. I was wondering how anal you are about distribution rights. I'm making a number of modifications to the pack and doing a bit of other mod support as I go along. Is it ok with you if I do this and send it to the other people on my server using this pack? I was originally going to just ask you to do the mods that I use that aren't in the pack but its quite a few and I've noticed you're not active here as you once were. Thanks for your work! (and ffs..... don't abandon this pack!!!!)

Morton00000

Jul 29, 2019
It is ok to redistribute edited versions as long as I am mentioned as the original creator.
Also if you don't mind I would like a version of what you have done since I'm sort of behind a bit.
I may alter your textures but will say that you did help with whatever mod textures you did.
I have recently been playing other games and really need to get back to work on this pack.
Thank you for your help.

Greevir

Jul 29, 2019
It is ok to redistribute edited versions as long as I am mentioned as the original creator.
Also if you don't mind I would like a version of what you have done since I'm sort of behind a bit.
I may alter your textures but will say that you did help with whatever mod textures you did.
I have recently been playing other games and really need to get back to work on this pack.
Thank you for your help.
Haha, my stuff is quite horrid but, I had to do something with it to keep it from clashing with everything else so much. I also played around with the hud a bit. (the square in the middle of the HUD is the mana bar from Ars Magica. One of the many mods I'd love to see textured with this pack, but I honestly have no clue where to start with it)

The some of the MFFS GUIs need work, they are offset even though they are using the default textures. The thermal expansion guis also need some love. The tesseract GUI i did but am not happy with it and the tabs are changed a little bit so there is now stuff missing from them (such as the redstone buttons and the privacy/send-recieve buttons on the tesseracts)

AXkNvON.png

UEOSurF.png

I haven't started to do the MFFS GUIs, but I noticed that when using this TP, they are all screwed up.
revdIQ5.png

9RVjaUj.png

I also did the tesseracts, and redid the energy cube (didn't like the purple, recolored the purple on the conduits to black also.)
JwdQ3pt.png

1H0t4ER.png

6y81wRv.png

retep998

NoLifeBunny
Wiki Staff
Dec 31, 2012
Worcester, Massachusetts
I have a slight suggestion.
If you look at the uses for lazurite dust, you'll notice that its actually equivalent to cyan dye.
So perhaps make sodalite dust a bit deeper blue, and make lazurite dust and chunks a bit more greenish to match the cyan color?

Reactions: hoodster25