[16x] Familiar yet Different [1.6.X-1.7.X][FTB][Dead]

Morton00000

Jul 29, 2019
This pack is no longer being worked on by me or anyone else to my knowledge.

This is a rather simplistic pack that still manages to contain a fair amount of detail.

I give permission for the FTB team to distribute my pack via the FTB launcher or other means.​
That said as long as you don't claim my work as your own or make money off it anyone can redistribute this pack.
I, however, don't care if the FTB team does end up taking donations.

If you want to get up with me use the forums here or Tweet me @Morton00000.

Screenshots are provided with the downloads at Curse.

The launcher version of the pack has not updated yet so I recommend using these downloads for now.

Downloads:
Curse (Vanilla)
Curse (Modded)

Template Files (GitHub)

Last edited:

frederikam

Jul 29, 2019
Could we get some more and maybe a bit smaller screenshots? Not everyone may have a big display as i do.

EDIT: cool

frederikam

Jul 29, 2019
Cool, really cool, just tell me if you need any help with textures or if you want me to develop a patch.

Greevir

Jul 29, 2019
So.... I almost exclusively use 32x or higher texture packs. But for some reason, I installed this one and fell in love with it. It's simple, yet has a wonderful look to it. And it is pretty extensive. You have a lot of stuff textured! The only thing I think I'm going to change however, is the GUI. I simply just have issues with bright GUIs. They hurt my eyes. Which is probably the reason I love the GUI from Defscape. It's one of my favorite all time GUIs. (It's simple and dark) Great work you've done here, Morton. I just hope you will keep it up to date and finish it out.

Morton00000

Jul 29, 2019
Well thank you Greevir I am glad you like it. I do plan to keep it up to date. As a note on the GUIs they were a little darker but a friend was complaining about being hard to see the text so I lightened them up since I cant change the color of the text. I am also working on completely new GUIs that are still as bright but in a more low rez. feel. Various other blocks will be changed in the next release however few new will be added. If you like the new GUI style let me know and I night create a darker version of at some point.
[Edit]
After I finish converting the GUIs to the new style I will release the next version. If your lucky I will get them done tonight.
I decided against doing them all right now.
Also thanks to the other comments. Sorry I don't reply to all or post very much.
There will also be new text in the next release for anyone using OptiFine.

grindle2000

Jul 29, 2019
I just tried this texture pack , and i have to say i really liked it :)

Good job and keep up the great work

Greevir

Jul 29, 2019
1.1.0 v1 Looks great. I like this GUI over the previous and the font fits in nicely. Keep up the work. (not sure whether I'm gonna darken the GUI, It's just at the edge of too bright for me but am trying it out for a bit to be sure.)

jammiewins

Jul 29, 2019
the leftmost IC2 block on the pic above (is it a generator?) looks like an oven to me ^^. Awesome textures though, keep it up.

Greevir

Jul 29, 2019
Zombie Pigmen seem to be a lil bit messed up:
SesId.jpg

Greevir

Jul 29, 2019
YAY on the update! Zombie Pigmen fixed! Looking forward to seeing how some of the Thaumcraft stuff turns out.

fergcraft

Jul 29, 2019
hey would you be ok if i used this for my ftb lets play of course i would give you props and also link to this page for other people if not thats fine to just wanted to be sure if thats ok

DrCeph

Jul 29, 2019
I like your textures man, really nice! I'd be honoured if you had the time to have a go at including one for my current mod, link in my signature. It is a BC-IC crossover mod to generate EU using buildcraft resources with the same feel of the forestry mechanics. People seem to think that it fits well with the FTB pack.

Although probably worth waiting until the 1.4.5 update as it doesn't work with earlier versions unfortunately.