[16x] Familiar yet Different [1.6.X-1.7.X][FTB][Dead]

Revemohl

Jul 29, 2019
I love this texture pack (I didn't think I would like it as much from the screenshots alone), but there are two things about it that annoy me a bit.
The NEI info about Thermal Expansion machines tells how much energy is used to do something, like smelting a piece of iron ore. However, on this texture pack, that part doesn't show up, possibly because that box is too bright.
I don't know what took me so long to exemplify this, but here it is.
Default:
BVHzWue.png

FYD:
9fx3lx5.png

The problem is actually because the box is too dark. Oops.

Ah yeah, this happens on both versions, from the launcher and this thread.

Greevir

Jul 29, 2019
Not much can be done about that. It would require changing the background color of the GUI since the font color can't be changed.

Cman333

Jul 29, 2019
Not much can be done about that. It would require changing the background color of the GUI since the font color can't be changed.
Couldn't you make the letters in the font files a lighter shade of gray though, since they work like grass and redstone wire?

NikolaChan

Jul 29, 2019
to sort-of quote Retep998, it's hard enough as is for you to simply keep this texturepack up to date, but it would be oh so awesome if you could do textures for Balkon's Weapons mod too :D

On a side note, this texturepack has a noticeable difference in my gameplay, just using it seriously effects the lagspikes, lessens them. It makes me happy. :p

Cman333

Jul 29, 2019
there are 3 new mods in the dirwolf 20 pack. I might do some of the textures, but they might not fit the theme exactly

Greevir

Jul 29, 2019
Hey Greevir, since you're being so awesome, updating the texturepack and all, would you mind actually sharing your version of the texturepack?
That is completely up to morton. I don't have too much more done than what he has. I have just made a few tweaks to mine and did the logistics pipes GUIs. If it's fine with morton, then I may. I don't want to do anything without his permission. This is his pack. But be aware that I no longer even use FTB anymore, so there may be mods added and/or missing.

Morton00000

Jul 29, 2019
Well I just thought I would pop in and say that anyone is free to modify and redistribute the pack as long as I get credit for the original creation.
I don't make any money off people downloading the pack either so if you do redistribute it, modified or not, DON'T use a adfly or similar link.
Also I have been rather busy with other things so I have been unable to work on the pack for a while and might not be back soon either.
This said if someone does want to update the pack, feel free, if you create a new thread link back to this one.
Also if anyone does start updating it I give jjw123 and the other FTB team members the right to decide if it replaces my pack in the launcher or goes in along side it.
Sorry for not updating and hope the pack continues to live on in my absence.

[Edit]
Greevir I saw the GUIs you did and there is only one thing that I noticed out of place.
The slots that have a outline the same color as the border should have a shadow under them like the top of the border, that is all.

Greevir

Jul 29, 2019
Well I just thought I would pop in and say that anyone is free to modify and redistribute the pack as long as I get credit for the original creation.
I don't make any money off people downloading the pack either so if you do redistribute it, modified or not, DON'T use a adfly or similar link.
Also I have been rather busy with other things so I have been unable to work on the pack for a while and might not be back soon either.
This said if someone does want to update the pack, feel free, if you create a new thread link back to this one.
Also if anyone does start updating it I give jjw123 and the other FTB team members the right to decide if it replaces my pack in the launcher or goes in along side it.
Sorry for not updating and hope the pack continues to live on in my absence.

[Edit]
Greevir I saw the GUIs you did and there is only one thing that I noticed out of place.
The slots that have a outline the same color as the border should have a shadow under them like the top of the border, that is all.
Aww... sucks that you haven't had time to work on it.... I really love this pack! I really have no experience with texturing, even so with trying to mimic your packs look. I'm basically just taking the default textures from the mods and trying to make them look.... smoothed out maybe? Basically just enough so textures don't "clash" so much.

And yeah, noticed I missed the shadow while working on the mystcraft GUIs. Will have to go back and edit them.

I still don't know about releasing my edited pack. Some of it is editing existing things to my own taste and I don't want that to interfere with the existing textures that most will prefer. And then there's the fact that I'm busy enough running a server that I myself don't have time to specifically devote to texturing. I mainly just texture things I notice while playing. Like I installed the new Mystcraft and noticed things missing/changed so I just had to texture them.... It's a bad habit... I don't mind posting fixes to updates or the like, I just don't want people to depend on me to do them since I just do them when I feel like it. And since I really don't follow the FTP packs anymore, It will just be a huge mess for those who do.

Hope you can get back to the pack at some point. I really enjoy it and hope it isn't lost with the many other TPs I've seen in the past.

Reactions: Cman333

Cman333

Jul 29, 2019
Aww... sucks that you haven't had time to work on it.... I really love this pack! I really have no experience with texturing, even so with trying to mimic your packs look. I'm basically just taking the default textures from the mods and trying to make them look.... smoothed out maybe? Basically just enough so textures don't "clash" so much.

And yeah, noticed I missed the shadow while working on the mystcraft GUIs. Will have to go back and edit them.

I still don't know about releasing my edited pack. Some of it is editing existing things to my own taste and I don't want that to interfere with the existing textures that most will prefer. And then there's the fact that I'm busy enough running a server that I myself don't have time to specifically devote to texturing. I mainly just texture things I notice while playing. Like I installed the new Mystcraft and noticed things missing/changed so I just had to texture them.... It's a bad habit... I don't mind posting fixes to updates or the like, I just don't want people to depend on me to do them since I just do them when I feel like it. And since I really don't follow the FTP packs anymore, It will just be a huge mess for those who do.

Hope you can get back to the pack at some point. I really enjoy it and hope it isn't lost with the many other TPs I've seen in the past.
I might help you with this if you decide to do this.

Greevir

Jul 29, 2019
So, after trying to figure out the extrabees GUIs for hours today, I'm pissed enough to punch babies.... seriously, what the hell was he thinking when putting together those sheets. It's almost enough to make me not bother with the pack and go back to default... If anyone can figure it out and get them going, let me know. The machines are no problem, the GUIs are driving me insane....

HazardBlock

Jul 29, 2019
The colour difference between sandy brick and regular bricks is almost unnoticeable. I think sandy brick should have a sandy colour instead.

Morton00000

Jul 29, 2019
Well first things first minecraft doesn't read the texturepacks from rar files only zip.
Also it has been a while and the rar file in my dropbox ... I have no idea what version that is.

P.S. I may be back soon.

Reactions: Cman333

Greevir

Jul 29, 2019
Well first things first minecraft doesn't read the texturepacks from rar files only zip.
Also it has been a while and the rar file in my dropbox ... I have no idea what version that is.

P.S. I may be back soon.
Dammit, I figured you abandoned the pack so I removed it along with all the work I've done on it for myself..... geez. Good to hear you may be making a return.