[16x] Familiar yet Different [1.6.X-1.7.X][FTB][Dead]

Morton00000

Jul 29, 2019
Hello all I'm back
I have updated the Retro pack and the MindCrack, Direwolf20, MagicWorld packs.
The Retro pack update is small just some changes to EE2 blocks.
The other packs however.(these changes are not in the Retro pack)
I have added support for charge pads, and fixed a small issue with the forestry backpacks.
I have also changed all the basic tool textures a little, let me know what you think.
If you find any problems with ether of these packs let me know.
Small extra note: I have removed the extra purple squares from the block texture files, this may help people who use anti-aliasing.
[Edit]
Sorry for it being a while but the development of that mod I mentioned a while back is popping up again.

Greevir

Jul 29, 2019
Hello all I'm back
I have updated the Retro pack and the MindCrack, Direwolf20, MagicWorld packs.
The Retro pack update is small just some changes to EE2 blocks.
The other packs however.(these changes are not in the Retro pack)
I have added support for charge pads, and fixed a small issue with the forestry backpacks.
I have also changed all the basic tool textures a little, let me know what you think.
If you find any problems with ether of these packs let me know.
Small extra note: I have removed the extra purple squares from the block texture files, this may help people who use anti-aliasing.
[Edit]
Sorry for it being a while but the development of that mod I mentioned a while back is popping up again.
Haha, no prob man. Was actually gonna ask you about texturing another mod but you're kinda busy with that other mod and the mod I want you to texture is fairly large. I'll give you a shout when your other work calms down a bit. Gonna take a look at the tools.

Greevir

Jul 29, 2019
Grats on getting this into the launcher. Now if only I still used FTB..... Keep up the good work!

Goose_45

Jul 29, 2019
Love the texture pack. I like smooth and simple and this is perfect for me. Keep up the good work !!

Morton00000

Jul 29, 2019
The current version will work with vanilla.
I recommend using one of the top 3 downloads if you're going to use it for that.
If you want a version for the snapshot there is a download for a pack that works with last week's snapshot a few posts back.
The new blocks/items will be default if you use it with this week's snapshot but it will work.
[Edit]
I am about to start working on this week's snapshot so if anyone wants one for that it will be a few hours, I like to mess about a lot.

SoSpecial

Jul 29, 2019
I really like this pack, very happy to see a nice looking 16x texture pack on the launcher.

I will say I do have 2 complaints, one is the mining laser looks odd and out of place, and two some of the ores( specifically the green ones, there seem to be a lot of different green ores) are fairly hard to differentiate.

VoidNoire

Jul 29, 2019
Lovely texture pack! However, I can't help but notice that it looks similar to SquareSwept (which, BTW, is another awesome TP), is this intentional?

Whoishigh

Jul 29, 2019
I downloaded this texture using the FTB launcher and I've been using it on the Mindcrack version. I have to say I REALLY like this texture pack, thank you very much for making it. One thing I would like to ask of you, though, is that you change the color for the hotbar highlight (not sure what it's called exactly but it's the outline that shows which hotbar box I currently have equipped). In certain situations it's impossible to see what I have out and gauge how many wheel spins to get to what I want, particularly over sand. If it's too much trouble I'd be grateful if someone told me how to change it myself as I'm sure this isn't something many people worry about. Thanks again!

Morton00000

Jul 29, 2019
Yes that is something I have noticed also but I don't know what to do with it.
I will try some experimentation tomorrow.
To address other comments:
The resemblance to SquareSwept is just by chance, I had not known of that pack before this.
I will likely change the mining laser at some point and there are only (3 for light gray and 2 for black) accounts where ore colors are similar and the pattern is the same.
I took very good care to minimize similarities with the exception of GregTech, there is only so much I can do.
I have intentionally made the tall grass the same gradient as grass but maybe I can make it darker at the bottom like the grass in my signature to fix that problem.

Whoishigh

Jul 29, 2019
I wasn't really considering what colors would be more visible when I made my post, but after thinking about it more maybe a red/white striped box would be more visible, if that's possible. Again, great texture pack and thanks for the reply :D