[16x] Familiar yet Different [1.6.X-1.7.X][FTB][Dead]

Greevir

Jul 29, 2019
Just read the readme, Morton. It looks like you're about to do an overhaul of the texturepack. How drastic of a change is this going to be? Any previews you can show us? (haven't looked through all the files yet to see what has been done.)

Morton00000

Jul 29, 2019
The changes are not going to be super drastic with maybe the exception of the GUI (the coloration of the GUI will likely be closer to default).
That said I will probably be redoing a lot of the 'one of' items.
I have also redone some of the tool icons.
Also thanks for the fix retep998 but you missed me misspelling 'default' as 'defalt' but I already fixed it.

Greevir

Jul 29, 2019
The changes are not going to be super drastic with maybe the exception of the GUI (the coloration of the GUI will likely be closer to default).

That said I will probably be redoing a lot of the 'one of' items.
I have also redone some of the tool icons.
Also thanks for the fix retep998 but you missed me misspelling 'default' as 'defalt' but I already fixed it.
Crap. Anything done on the gui yet? Would like to see how it's going to look so I can do the ones for the extra mods I use.

Morton00000

Jul 29, 2019
That was a fast reply.
Sorry but no the GUI will likely be the last thing I do so for now just use default if you want everything to match.
Also the style probably will not change just the colors.

Vaygrim

Jul 29, 2019
So if I want to test this texture pack out, I need to .. copy that "FYD - 2 - Ultimate" folder down and zip it up like a texture pack zip?

Morton00000

Jul 29, 2019
That folder is very incomplete.
There is no mostly complete version right now.
I have decided to texture the mods individually and then construct a pack with them when done, or mostly done.
This will help me when it comes to updates.
Also when it gets to the point where there is a test version you will not need to zip it Minecraft can read texture packs from folders so simply putting the folder in the texture pack folder will work fine.

Cman333

Jul 29, 2019
That folder is very incomplete.
There is no mostly complete version right now.
I have decided to texture the mods individually and then construct a pack with them when done, or mostly done.
This will help me when it comes to updates.
Also when it gets to the point where there is a test version you will not need to zip it Minecraft can read texture packs from folders so simply putting the folder in the texture pack folder will work fine.
so this is working towards v 2.0 of the pack?

Morton00000

Jul 29, 2019
Yes
Also I am working on placing all the old textures in my new format so that they can be used as placeholders. (also so the pack can be in a playable state)

[Edit]
I am sort of waiting for a 1.5 mod pack because I heard that the texture paths for most of the mods may change.
Also the texture formatting may change to the new 1.5 style for most mods.
This will actually make updating the pack easier for me.
Also the reformat to the new style may only take a few days to do.
All that said I am still working on the current version of the pack.
The way textures are assigned to items/blocks has completely changed.
So larger mods with a lot of items/blocks could take awhile to update.

tjthegamer

Jul 29, 2019
I really can't wait for it to come out! =] I love your pack and can't wait I even use it on my classic one I love it that much! xD I really want it for the skyblocks server I play on so the cobble doesn't look horrid....keep up the great work! ^-^

retep998

NoLifeBunny
Wiki Staff
Dec 31, 2012
Worcester, Massachusetts
You know what would be really awesome?
If you kept some sort of changelog where you just quickly scribble down what you're working on and the current day/time.
That would be sweet.

EDIT: Also, go download the latest GregTech. He added a ton of plates for most metals, so you should consider adding a row in your templates for all the plates. Also consider making railcraft plates and gregtech plates the same shape (especially since in the beta versions, Greg add oreDict compatibility for them). It would be nice if you did all the GregTech textures for V2.82c, considering it's backwards compatible with whatever FTB is currently using.

Morton00000

Jul 29, 2019
There is something like that but it just generalizes to them mod I'm working on.
Also I will be editing the main post soon just need to get a pack and list in order.

[Edit]
The main post has been updated.

Cman333

Jul 29, 2019
Are you going to add support for terrafirmacraft when it's added to the launcher?
EDIT: unrelated to the above, but I noticed you forgot the background.png in the gui folder

Morton00000

Jul 29, 2019
1. I didn't know TerraFirma was going to be added to the launcher.
2. I suppose I will add support for it but it could take awhile to finish it.
3. I haven't decided on what I want the background to be yet so that is why it is default.

Cman333

Jul 29, 2019
alright then, thanks
EDIT: I see what you mean, it's like gregtech. tons of similarly colored textured that all appear under similar circumstances

Greevir

Jul 29, 2019
Are you going to add support for terrafirmacraft when it's added to the launcher?
EDIT: unrelated to the above, but I noticed you forgot the background.png in the gui folder

If you want, use this for the background till morton makes a new one. It's what I'm currently using:
iF0ApLX.png

Cman333

Jul 29, 2019
If you want, use this for the background till morton makes a new one. It's what I'm currently using:
iF0ApLX.png
I was only addressing it for people who don't know how to do stuff with textures, I know how use paint.net.