1001 things to do in modded minecraft

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Do you think this will reach the 1001th Idea?

• Yes

Votes: 89 57.8%
  • No

Votes: 37 24.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 28 18.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
:D
77. fully automate Ethanol production in Rotarycraft
78. fully automate Jet Fuel production
79. make all machines run at one operation per tick

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
80. Do #78 and #79 in such a way that it doesn't consume any resources that it doesn't produce in excess. May require (lots of) Magic Crops.

81. Find some way to produce Pitchblende renewably, and use a fission reactor or HTGR to accomplish #79.

82. Use a self-sustaining ReC Fusion Reactor to accomplish #79.

83. Use a hacky ReC fusion reactor with more than four injectors to accomplish #79. Yes, this is possible if Reika hasn't fixed it since somebody made a post about it a while back.

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
84. Make a plasma cannon of death. Basically an injector that points into nowhere. Produces no power but requires power for the heat ray and the Van De Graafs.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
84. Make a plasma cannon of death. Basically an injector that points into nowhere. Produces no power but requires power for the heat ray and the Van De Graafs.
85. Make a plasma cannon of death that can actually be aimed somewhat. Basically #84, but with a bunch of toroid magnets spread out in front of it along with wireless turtles armed with screwdrivers. And a wireless-tablet-based remote control, because why not.

86. A cross-dimensional plasma cannon of death. Combine #84 or #85 with a Mystcraft portal and a "Maintain Momentum" linkbook.

I want to do this now. #85 might not be possible, since I don't know what impact the solenoid has on the plasma or the toroids. But worth a shot, I'd say.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Well, I got something of a plasma cannon working, but I did not manage to get either the toroid aiming magnets or a Mystcraft portal to work. I even set up a solenoid multiblock nearby, but the toroids (which I did power with microturbine-powered Van de Graafs underneath) still didn't deflect the beam at all. And the plasma particles just went straight through the Mystcraft portal blocks like they weren't there.

I guess the aimable thing might still be a possibility if you had an actual, functional fusion reactor running, and misadjusted one of the toroids to fire. To my understanding, the way the toroids are coded, they only work when they're in certain locations relative to the solenoid, but there are a lot more of those points than there are magnets in the usual multiblock. Somebody once showed off a hackish fusion reactor that was slightly more compact than the normal one and had the (singular) plasma injector completely outside the main ring, which was somewhat closer to the solenoid than normal. There was also another design where the solenoid was completely outside the ring of toroid magnets, and the injector was inside it. No clue how that works.

67. Make a neutron gun using ReC fuel cores or nuclear waste tanks, and mount it on a frame ship. Much more feasible than the plasma death ray, although much less powerful. Bonus points if it produces enough steam to power itself.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
With Mekanism, you can...
Also with just MFR, although it's *much* more efficient to also throw in carrots, melon seeds, pumpkin seeds, wheat seeds, oak saplings, birch saplings, sakura saplings, ghostwood saplings, ink sacs, bonemeal, gray dye, light gray dye, cactus green dye, lime green dye...

At least, I assume the dyes still work. Haven't tested in a while.

Hmm... I wonder if Botania flower dyes work. If so, you could get a lot of power out of one of those flowers that generates flowers...
*boots modified Infinity instance*

Edit: Aaand nope. Vanilla dyes don't work (cocoa beans do, but nothing else), floral powder doesn't work, other mod-added dyes don't work... A little disappointing, but understandable. Producing biofuel from squids and skeletons never really made much sense anyway, and might've been a bit OP. Still, six types of vanilla saplings, wheat, melons, and pumpkins are nine types, and that's not even considering carrots, potatoes, or a whole bunch of saplings from Natura (Sakura works well, I've heard), Thaumcraft, and Twilight Forest. Agricraft seeds and BoP saplings don't seem to work, for some reason. Most of the products of single-block Harvestcraft plants work, as do the seeds, but neither the tree products nor their saplings do. The BioReactor treats all different Forestry saplings as the same thing (so if you've bred one tree that gives lots and lots of saplings, it'll work, but then you can't use any other Forestry saplings), but won't accept fruits or nuts from Forestry or ExtraTrees.

Last edited:

Kyle98750

Sep 16, 2013
88. Fully Automate AE2 processors with a ton of inscribers and only Steve's Factory Manager. Not as easy as you might think.

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
What about cactus green? Does that still work?
Nope, the only thing that works is cocoa beans. I've tried every dye the dye essence can make (read: all vanilla dyes), and only the beans worked. Its rather annoying, since the only thing Better Chests can't seem to farm is, ironically enough, effing cocoa beans.

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
[strikethrough]MFR Bioreactor's config has blacklisted most of the dyes as well as their oredict versions, you can remove the blacklist entries to make them work again if you want.[/strikethrough]
I can't see a backlist for the Bioreactor in the config. Only one for the Unifier, where indeed the dyes are blacklisted.
But I believe you can use Modtweaker there

Allowing cactus green to be used would make sense fwiw