[1.7.10] Wanderlust Reloaded - Questing Adventure [Magic-Tech] [HQM - over 250 Quests] [Tabula Rasa]

HappyElk

Jul 29, 2019
Yulfie, first, thank you for your modpack. It seems that HQM packs get some flak from veteran players, but your quests are invaluable for someone like me who is new to modded Minecraft. I would be (and have been) completely overwhelmed without some helpful direction.

I have noticed a small issue with HQM. On the first tab, the top center quest is craft a grinder, and there's a follow-up quests as well. However, at some point during play these two quests disappear from my quest book. In one game, the quests disappeared after I had completed it. On another, the quests disappeared before I went to do it - though it was there when I created the world.

I don't think it's an issue of mod dependency, because I took out The Kitchen Mod and those quests still appear in that section of HQM - the items are just blank.

On a side note, how does one craft sparkling pomegranate, from the first quest section? I don't see it as an item in NEI.

Finally, I found your discussion in a WLR 2.0 thread about integrating Ruins into your modpack. I just did so successfully, and it was actually much easier than I thought it would be. If you load the game once with your modpack and Ruins together, the Ruins config txt is populated with a list of all the BoP biomes (e.g., "specific_Spruce Woods=75"). The Ruins resource folder is also populated with individual folders for all of those biomes. However, you don't have mess with those folders at all. If you delete from the Ruins config txt all references to the specific biomes, the mod will use the generic ruins for all biomes.

I left in "specific_Ocean=75" and "specific_Jungle=75" because the Ruins mod comes with specific ruins for those biomes, but I deleted all of the other references. I have seen Ruins all across the modpack after playing for a few days, and I have encountered zero problems. The mod itself is lightweight and doesn't add any item caches that would break the flow of gameplay. I think it fits rather nicely with your modpack.

Thanks for all your time and energy!

Reactions: Yulife

Yulife

Jul 29, 2019
Yulfie, first, thank you for your modpack. It seems that HQM packs get some flak from veteran players, but your quests are invaluable for someone like me who is new to modded Minecraft. I would be (and have been) completely overwhelmed without some helpful direction.

I have noticed a small issue with HQM. On the first tab, the top center quest is craft a grinder, and there's a follow-up quests as well. However, at some point during play these two quests disappear from my quest book. In one game, the quests disappeared after I had completed it. On another, the quests disappeared before I went to do it - though it was there when I created the world.

I don't think it's an issue of mod dependency, because I took out The Kitchen Mod and those quests still appear in that section of HQM - the items are just blank.

On a side note, how does one craft sparkling pomegranate, from the first quest section? I don't see it as an item in NEI.

Finally, I found your discussion in a WLR 2.0 thread about integrating Ruins into your modpack. I just did so successfully, and it was actually much easier than I thought it would be. If you load the game once with your modpack and Ruins together, the Ruins config txt is populated with a list of all the BoP biomes (e.g., "specific_Spruce Woods=75"). The Ruins resource folder is also populated with individual folders for all of those biomes. However, you don't have mess with those folders at all. If you delete from the Ruins config txt all references to the specific biomes, the mod will use the generic ruins for all biomes.

I left in "specific_Ocean=75" and "specific_Jungle=75" because the Ruins mod comes with specific ruins for those biomes, but I deleted all of the other references. I have seen Ruins all across the modpack after playing for a few days, and I have encountered zero problems. The mod itself is lightweight and doesn't add any item caches that would break the flow of gameplay. I think it fits rather nicely with your modpack.

Thanks for all your time and energy!
The grinder and smeltery quests are quests that you can decide which you want to do. If you do one, the other one will go away.

If it is your decision to take the mod out it is okay but you gotta note that removing a mod will not remove a quest. Instead, it will corrupt quests and rewards that may corrupt you if you get them.

The two bottles that you get have to be crafted together - please read the quest.

Ruins is planned! =)

FlenchEH

Jul 29, 2019
My world crashes on startup with no crash file after I placed a Rolling machine next to EnderIO Cabling.
Anyone got a fix or know any way I can remove the cabling or the Rolling machine?

SmokeLuvr1971

Jul 29, 2019
My world crashes on startup with no crash file after I placed a Rolling machine next to EnderIO Cabling.
Anyone got a fix or know any way I can remove the cabling or the Rolling machine?
You 'should' be able to use MCWorldEdit to get in and remove the rolling machine.

FlenchEH

Jul 29, 2019
Update your Railcraft.
What version do you recommend? Just tried 9.4.0.0 and minecraft didn't load successfully.
Is there a way to update mods ingame or do you have to do it manually?

EDIT: Got it to work, thanks for all the help!

Last edited:

Nettehlol

Jul 29, 2019
Has anyone had problems with health not updating when receiving damage? Died in End to this bug and apparently I lost my grave as well. Is there a way to recover it? (nvm, it doesn't spawn on the End Obsidian mini-boss building, but was right outside on End Stone)

Last edited:

SmokeLuvr1971

Jul 29, 2019
Has anyone had problems with health not updating when receiving damage? Died in End to this bug and apparently I lost my grave as well. Is there a way to recover it? (nvm, it doesn't spawn on the End Obsidian mini-boss building, but was right outside on End Stone)

Do you have any heart canisters active? That's the only time I've seen health not update correctly, although taking damage seems to fix it.

Umikron

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys,
I am loving this modpack and playing it now for 3 weeks on 1.2.1 on my own server.
Yesterday i had the problem with the railcraft machines and i decided to update.
Now i have a problem, my existing world wont load.
it just stays "Preparing level "world"" in the latest.log file and no crash-logs.
The console says:
There are 2 missing blocks and items in this save.
If you continue the missing blocks/items will get removed.
A wolrd backup will be automatically created in your saves directory.

Missing Blocks/Items:
TSteelworks:blockCharcoal
TSteelworks:blockCharcoal

Run the command /fml confirm or or /fml cancel to proceed.

the problem is, nothing happens if i type /fml confirm.
Has anyone an idea of what i can/should do?

Thanks in advance, Umikron

crital

Jul 29, 2019
I've been experiencing some massive lag when crafting in a Thaumcraft Worktable. Just thought i'd let you guys know.

Hatsuni

Jul 29, 2019
The Transformation Core from RandomThings seems to be causing insane client lag when you try to craft things with it (Claystone and Gneiss). My client will freeze up for over a minute then the server will kick me out with a "Timed Out" error. Only happens when I try to pull the item out of the crafting table.

Yulife

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys, I am just going to throw a quick update that fixes some critical bugs out.
I will upload it tomorrow as I don't have time at the moment.
As always, changelog:

Additions:
None

Removals:
None

Changes:
-Moved to AE2 rv2

Fixes:
-EnderIO's ME-Cables will not crash anymore
-MekanismGenerator's will not crash servers anymore
-Too much stuff I can't be bothered to list because 1.2.2 is so outdated

danidas

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys, I am just going to throw a quick update that fixes some critical bugs out.
I will upload it tomorrow as I don't have time at the moment.
As always, changelog:

Additions:
None

Removals:
None

Changes:
-Moved to AE2 rv2

Fixes:
-EnderIO's ME-Cables will not crash anymore
-MekanismGenerator's will not crash servers anymore
-Too much stuff I can't be bothered to list because 1.2.2 is so outdated

It appears that it is on the launcher now.

Ignoramoose

Jul 29, 2019
Seems I'm getting a bug on the latest version. Old version launches fine. Not saying it's a difficult fix, but more as an FYI.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
// Hey, that tickles! Hehehe!

Time: 2/7/15 8:41 PM
Description: Initializing game

java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot add variation in group RCAbyssalBlock for null block.
at com.cricketcraft.chisel.carving.Carving.addVariation(Carving.java:152)
at com.cricketcraft.chisel.Features$62.addBlocks(Features.java:1792)
at com.cricketcraft.chisel.Features.loadBlocks(Features.java:2526)
at com.cricketcraft.chisel.Features.preInit(Features.java:2595)
at com.cricketcraft.chisel.Chisel.preInit(Chisel.java:117)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.FMLModContainer.handleModStateEvent(FMLModContainer.java:513)
at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor4.invoke(Unknown Source)
at com.google.common.eventbus.EventSubscriber.handleEvent(EventSubscriber.java:74)
at com.google.common.eventbus.SynchronizedEventSubscriber.handleEvent(SynchronizedEventSubscriber.java:47)
at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatch(EventBus.java:322)
at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatchQueuedEvents(EventBus.java:304)
at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.post(EventBus.java:275)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.sendEventToModContainer(LoadController.java:208)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.propogateStateMessage(LoadController.java:187)
at com.google.common.eventbus.EventSubscriber.handleEvent(EventSubscriber.java:74)
at com.google.common.eventbus.SynchronizedEventSubscriber.handleEvent(SynchronizedEventSubscriber.java:47)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.distributeStateMessage(LoadController.java:118)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.preinitializeMods(Loader.java:513)
at cpw.mods.fml.client.FMLClientHandler.beginMinecraftLoading(FMLClientHandler.java:239)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_71384_a(Minecraft.java:480)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_99999_d(Minecraft.java:867)
at net.minecraft.client.main.Main.main(SourceFile:148)
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:135)
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:28)

A detailed walkthrough of the error, its code path and all known details is as follows:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-- Head --
Stacktrace:
at com.cricketcraft.chisel.carving.Carving.addVariation(Carving.java:152)
at com.cricketcraft.chisel.Features$62.addBlocks(Features.java:1792)
at com.cricketcraft.chisel.Features.loadBlocks(Features.java:2526)
at com.cricketcraft.chisel.Features.preInit(Features.java:2595)
at com.cricketcraft.chisel.Chisel.preInit(Chisel.java:117)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.FMLModContainer.handleModStateEvent(FMLModContainer.java:513)
at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor4.invoke(Unknown Source)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.sendEventToModContainer(LoadController.java:208)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.propogateStateMessage(LoadController.java:187)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.distributeStateMessage(LoadController.java:118)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.preinitializeMods(Loader.java:513)
at cpw.mods.fml.client.FMLClientHandler.beginMinecraftLoading(FMLClientHandler.java:239)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_71384_a(Minecraft.java:480)

-- Initialization --
Details:
Stacktrace:
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_99999_d(Minecraft.java:867)
at net.minecraft.client.main.Main.main(SourceFile:148)
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:135)
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:28)

-- System Details --
Details:
Minecraft Version: 1.7.10
Operating System: Windows 8 (amd64) version 6.2
Java Version: 1.8.0_31, Oracle Corporation
Java VM Version: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (mixed mode), Oracle Corporation
Memory: 467936584 bytes (446 MB) / 2128084992 bytes (2029 MB) up to 3817865216 bytes (3641 MB)
JVM Flags: 3 total; -Xms256M -Xmx4096M -XX:permSize=256m
AABB Pool Size: 0 (0 bytes; 0 MB) allocated, 0 (0 bytes; 0 MB) used
IntCache: cache: 0, tcache: 0, allocated: 0, tallocated: 0
Mantle Environment: Environment healthy.
TConstruct Environment: Environment healthy.
Stencil buffer state: Function set: GL30, pool: internal, bits: 8
Launched Version: 1.7.10
LWJGL: 2.9.1
OpenGL: GeForce GTX 980/PCIe/SSE2 GL version 4.5.0 NVIDIA 347.25, NVIDIA Corporation
GL Caps: Using GL 1.3 multitexturing.
Using framebuffer objects because OpenGL 3.0 is supported and separate blending is supported.
Anisotropic filtering is supported and maximum anisotropy is 16.
Shaders are available because OpenGL 2.1 is supported.

Is Modded: Definitely; Client brand changed to 'fml,forge'
Type: Client (map_client.txt)
Resource Packs: []
Current Language: English (US)
Profiler Position: N/A (disabled)
Vec3 Pool Size: 0 (0 bytes; 0 MB) allocated, 0 (0 bytes; 0 MB) used
Anisotropic Filtering: Off (1)

danidas

Jul 29, 2019
I'm getting it as well on both my client and the server.

I am enabling all of the optional mods other then YABM and Bluepower. As well as adding fast craft 1.19 to the server.