[1.7.10] Wanderlust Reloaded - Questing Adventure [Magic-Tech] [HQM - over 250 Quests] [Tabula Rasa]

Yulife

Jul 29, 2019
Any chance you might add Advanced machines for 2.0?

It's mostly for the rotary recycler so i wont have to do the recycler spam to get UU-matter. 64 recyclers barely manages to keep my matter fabricator with scrap and im only producing about 1400 eu. Lags up my server something terrible :(
Advanced Machines requires one of the pack developers to be a mod developer which I am not. Thus... nope!

Kazekai

Jul 29, 2019
It's been stated a few times that is what they're going to do by swapping over to the curse launcher/system. Not so much in direct news stories but in the comments for them as well as other places where people asked them about their plans.

It's also been confirmed that they fully abandoned their launcher 2.0 plans due to losing key staff members and the planed curse launcher being superior to what they were building.

Good news is that the Curse launcher is aiming to be a total mod management system akin to the ones for other games. Which allow for one click installs and automated updates for mods as well as other fun/useful items for mods and mod packs.

MultiMC can do most of that already, I find it hard to believe this super launcher they're making will be nearly as lightweight as that. It'll probably end up being more bogged down than FTB is already but as long as multiMC conversion is possible with it I guess it won't matter much.

Bubbajr114

Jul 29, 2019
MultiMC can do most of that already, I find it hard to believe this super launcher they're making will be nearly as lightweight as that. It'll probably end up being more bogged down than FTB is already but as long as multiMC conversion is possible with it I guess it won't matter much.
But the new launcher will give credit to the mod devs each time a pack is downloaded which is currently impossible in the current launcher.

I have always enjoyed how user friendly the launcher is and as long as that stays the same i will not complain.

cm97878

Jul 29, 2019
For some reason, every time I try to connect to a private server, this happens: http://prntscr.com/5nvljl
I've tried deleting the AOBD config for both the client and server to regenerate them, but the same thing happens. Not sure how to fix this, although it's probably obvious. Another person is able to connect just fine.

NegativeNothing

Jul 29, 2019
in the rivers of energy quest line, the quest where I needed to make a redstone energy cell, it was detected and I never made it. the same thing with the quest for the resonant energy cell, never made it, but it was detected. also in the same quest, resonant rise I think, I made a resonant flux capacitor, but I am unable to hand it in, so I cannot claim reward. I did use the redstone flux capacitor that was rewarded from another quest to make it , maybe I need to make it from scratch? or maybe it is acting weird like some other things that come from quest rewards?

Yulife

Jul 29, 2019
For some reason, every time I try to connect to a private server, this happens: http://prntscr.com/5nvljl
I've tried deleting the AOBD config for both the client and server to regenerate them, but the same thing happens. Not sure how to fix this, although it's probably obvious. Another person is able to connect just fine.
Don't delete the AOBD configs. They are important. You need to have the exact same mods as the server does.

Yulife

Jul 29, 2019
Many of you might have noticed that our official server, Artisan Realms, has been down recently. The host didn't have enough time to keep it up so Middee and HavicDave offered themself to achieve a new official server called "Rising Dawn".
We have a new world that runs alongside of Cauldron with many plugins (Essentials, WorldBorder) and right now we are stress testing it so feel free to drop in with the IP of "therisingdawn.mcph.co".
Some items were banned due to common sense (Cardboxes, Chunkloaders) but all in all, you should have a nice playing experience there.
The server is running on update 1.2.0, with every optional mods except Bluepower and YABM.

Reactions: Waisse

Yulife

Jul 29, 2019
in the rivers of energy quest line, the quest where I needed to make a redstone energy cell, it was detected and I never made it. the same thing with the quest for the resonant energy cell, never made it, but it was detected. also in the same quest, resonant rise I think, I made a resonant flux capacitor, but I am unable to hand it in, so I cannot claim reward. I did use the redstone flux capacitor that was rewarded from another quest to make it , maybe I need to make it from scratch? or maybe it is acting weird like some other things that come from quest rewards?
Thanks for the report but such things go on Github. On here I can hardly keep track of things. However, you do have a point, I actually screwed up there. Again, thanks for the report, it is fixed ;)
And why are you using a Redstone Flux Capacitor when it asks for a Resonant one?

Last edited:

Waisse

Jul 29, 2019
Quick question about java : Java 7 or 8 ? How to specify java version in ServerStart.bat ?

Waisse

Jul 29, 2019
So what happen if I have both java 7 and 8 on my pc ? I can specify java version of my client with multiMC but what happen for server ? Also, what is the best java version for your modpack ?

Yulife

Jul 29, 2019
So what happen if I have both java 7 and 8 on my pc ? I can specify java version of my client with multiMC but what happen for server ? Also, what is the best java version for your modpack ?
I don't know. You have to see. Didn't try Java 8 yet. Compare both and tell me the results. The server is only affected by the Java version that is on the machine.

Chronx6

Jul 29, 2019
Nothing bad at all. The worst that happens is that something will use the wrong java. Make sure you are declaring the correct version of java in your launcher for client and your bat file for servers(you only have to do this if your declaring a path and not using the generic 'java' call). At this point most find Java 8 to be a performance gain and you'll find very little (if anything) that could run on Java 7 that can't run on 8. Well that last part isn't entirely true. 1.6.4 minecraft has an issue but you can use a patch to fix it without much issue.

Reactions: Yulife

gardnsam

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a way to see what all of the enchantments in WLR are? Also, has anyone done any work to check compatibility between enchantments, or compare them? Feather Falling vs Gravity Resist comes to mind.

Yulife

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a way to see what all of the enchantments in WLR are? Also, has anyone done any work to check compatibility between enchantments, or compare them? Feather Falling vs Gravity Resist comes to mind.
Go into creative and click X on an item. Then set it to "Unlocked" to see all enchantments.

Puretic

Jul 29, 2019
Currently enjoying Wanderlust ;D
Dkeao0A.png

Reactions: Odovbold and Yulife