[1.7.10] Wanderlust Reloaded - Questing Adventure [Magic-Tech] [HQM - over 250 Quests] [Tabula Rasa]

Yulife

Jul 29, 2019
@Yulife Hmm, maybe maybe uploading the zip version first...? :p
Submitted already? :p
@Yulife

Just some info. I did some research, you can add NEI Addons to the server if you want the following benefits:
  • If you have this mod installed on the server, special crafting tables (Forestry Worktable, ME Pattern Encoder, etc.) can set the recipe with shift+click even if you don't have the items on you. It will also be more reliable and less prone to lag-related glitches.

I couldn't find any benefits for having Inventory Tweaks, Mine Menu, or NEI Plugins on the server even though they can be installed on a server.
Thanks for the note, will remember it for the future :)

Well that explains what this weird ass green thing I kept seeing in the spectre dimension and in mystcraft worlds was. Thought it was just leaves or something but after I did what you said to do all problems were solved as far as I could tell.

P.S. This is you
\o/ Glad it is fixed :) Well, I hope it's fixed...

mbbkraft

Jul 29, 2019
I have some questions for you @Yulife :

- In the "Rivers of Energy" questline there is 2 case with a big "?" saying [Mod Missing] ---> Is it normal/wip or i missed to add optional mods maybe ?

- Again in "River of Energy" in "Efficient Ore Processing" after crafting the Pulverizer with a basic machine frame i need to do a Redstone Furnace with a Resonant machine frame. ---> Is it intended or it even work with basic one ?

- About optional mod now. I tested a lot of 1.7 pack but i always did some twist by adding/removing mods and changing config, and i always had an issue in the early game (crash, perma freeze, big fps shutdown, world delete....) so i decided to dont touch anymore to modpack and let it how it is so maybe i can avoid that. So i did it with your pack and it work well but i'm guessing if i can or not add any optional mods i'm interested in without having any new issue that make me restart a world ?

That all for the questions. By the way if you have any advice on wich mod/block to avoid for now because of issue it would be greatly appreciated :)

Thanks in advance for your anwser and congrat for making this really nice pack ^^

PS : sorry for my bad english ^_^

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
As a heads up, @Yulife , currently Quadrum and Better Storage do not play well together, you end up with an assertion error related crash. Submitted that to the Quadrum bug tracker so hopefully it gets fixed soon.

I was going to try to convert all your Tabula Rasa blocks and scripts over to Quadrum for you, as a bit of practice for my next pack. I still might, but I think I'm done for the night. That was a very, VERY annoying crash to hunt down.

PirateAE

Jul 29, 2019
Mod suggestion, Logistics Pipes, build-craft without LP, is like candy without sugar for me.

Yulife

Jul 29, 2019
I have some questions for you @Yulife :

- In the "Rivers of Energy" questline there is 2 case with a big "?" saying [Mod Missing] ---> Is it normal/wip or i missed to add optional mods maybe ?

- Again in "River of Energy" in "Efficient Ore Processing" after crafting the Pulverizer with a basic machine frame i need to do a Redstone Furnace with a Resonant machine frame. ---> Is it intended or it even work with basic one ?

- About optional mod now. I tested a lot of 1.7 pack but i always did some twist by adding/removing mods and changing config, and i always had an issue in the early game (crash, perma freeze, big fps shutdown, world delete....) so i decided to dont touch anymore to modpack and let it how it is so maybe i can avoid that. So i did it with your pack and it work well but i'm guessing if i can or not add any optional mods i'm interested in without having any new issue that make me restart a world ?

That all for the questions. By the way if you have any advice on wich mod/block to avoid for now because of issue it would be greatly appreciated :)

Thanks in advance for your anwser and congrat for making this really nice pack ^^

PS : sorry for my bad english ^_^
Thanks for the questions ~

-The "River of Energy" quests that are missing due to mods being missing, obviously. One is Thermal Dynamics (Ducts) in the main questline and the other one is... I am not sure yet, to speak frankly.

-The quest should work with every type of machine, did you use a vanilla crafting table? Some crafting tables do not work well with HQM.

-There are a few scenarios about adding/removing mods.
#1 Selecting optional mods:
Optional mods have been tested to work with the pack, they don't have any quest while they do have scripts (in the "optional" folder inside of the script folder) so they should work when they are activated and when they are not.

#2 Adding mods:
Depending on which mod you want to add, it should, in theory, work, however, there are a few mods that have been proven to not work with the pack and I will not add any support for them.

#3 Removing mods:

This is a very complicated scenario as you are ripping out a part of the pack that has perhaps been integrated in the quest book or in Mine/Modtweaker.
Here are what the consequences could be:
1: You remove, for example, Binnie's mods, you go to Initium and do the first quest, however, instead of Sparkling Liquor you will now get an "Unknown" item that will corrupt your player.data. You'd have to edit your player.data or simply delete it.
2: Binnie's mods are highly integrated into Scripts as well, so if you load the game errors will be thrown at you in bulks. This may corrupt some recipes in the game, as I got some reports of people not being able to craft vanilla planks. Bad.

Yulife

Jul 29, 2019
As a heads up, @Yulife , currently Quadrum and Better Storage do not play well together, you end up with an assertion error related crash. Submitted that to the Quadrum bug tracker so hopefully it gets fixed soon.

I was going to try to convert all your Tabula Rasa blocks and scripts over to Quadrum for you, as a bit of practice for my next pack. I still might, but I think I'm done for the night. That was a very, VERY annoying crash to hunt down.
Oh, that is so sweet of you, thanks a lot! Anyway, to the conflict... that is quite bad. The author is working really hard on other mods so I hope we get a patch before the 24th.

Yulife

Jul 29, 2019
1.1.5 is the biggest update I have ever done so far and I think WLR should be relatively stable now, it all depends on the way people play. Maybe my Github will get flooded with bugs once 1.1.5 is out but we'll see. If it is a bug I can fix, I will put out a hotfix.
For now I will stop developing for the holiday days (maybe not, we'll see) as I like to play as well, obviously.
Cross your fingers that 1.1.5 is quite stable, haha!

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
1.1.5 is the biggest update I have ever done so far and I think WLR should be relatively stable now, it all depends on the way people play. Maybe my Github will get flooded with bugs once 1.1.5 is out but we'll see. If it is a bug I can fix, I will put out a hotfix.
For now I will stop developing for the holiday days (maybe not, we'll see) as I like to play as well, obviously.
Cross your fingers that 1.1.5 is quite stable, haha!

I've been there. The post-release "OMG what did I screw up NOW?" panic, especially after a big update. Doesn't matter how careful you've been, or how thoroughly tested, there is ALWAYS that little bit of panic when am update goes live.

Congrats on a well put together pack. It is, in a lot of ways, much better constructed than Crash Landing is. I'm having a lot of fun and learning some new mods in the process.

Reactions: MissLid and Yulife

Yulife

Jul 29, 2019
I've been there. The post-release "OMG what did I screw up NOW?" panic, especially after a big update. Doesn't matter how careful you've been, or how thoroughly tested, there is ALWAYS that little bit of panic when am update goes live.

Congrats on a well put together pack. It is, in a lot of ways, much better constructed than Crash Landing is. I'm having a lot of fun and learning some new mods in the process.
Ugh, it is rage worthy when you screwed up and you need to upload a hotfix again. Thankfully I have the archive where I can put hotfixes if I add no mods.
Much better constructed than Crash Landing? No way... Anyway, I am quite honored that you are playing my pack :) I wish you luck ~

Alexander Anishin

Jul 29, 2019
Yulife, thank you for this cool mopack! It's awesome!
And I have suggestion for a mod. Can you add Magical Crops in your modpack? I think that this mod will be good additional for this modpack - it adds new experience in gameplay. And this mod can be configured as you want - from cheaty resource farming to hardcore magic mod. And (in future releases) you can add quests for it.

Thank you for your work!!!
P. S. Sorry for my English. I'm from Russia.

Yulife

Jul 29, 2019
Yulife, thank you for this cool mopack! It's awesome!
And I have suggestion for a mod. Can you add Magical Crops in your modpack? I think that this mod will be good additional for this modpack - it adds new experience in gameplay. And this mod can be configured as you want - from cheaty resource farming to hardcore magic mod. And (in future releases) you can add quests for it.

Thank you for your work!!!
P. S. Sorry for my English. I'm from Russia.
I have to say sorry, Magical Crops will never go in the pack. Once automated it is basically an afk-resource-gathering machine. The same goes for ProjectE. Thanks for the feedback though and your English is perfect to read :)

gazpachoking

Jul 29, 2019
I'm about to start this pack, just wondering if there is any reason I should wait for 1.1.5 rather than creating my world on 1.1.4 then upgrading. Any world gen changes in the next version?

Yulife

Jul 29, 2019
I'm about to start this pack, just wondering if there is any reason I should wait for 1.1.5 rather than creating my world on 1.1.4 then upgrading. Any world gen changes in the next version?
Hardly any generation mods have been removed so you should be good to go. However, I fixed the second ore generation in 1.1.5 so you might want to wait.

PirateAE

Jul 29, 2019
what minimap mods are in the pack, found one to disable, but cant find the other as i prefer a different minimap not already in the pack

Yulife

Jul 29, 2019
what minimap mods are in the pack, found one to disable, but cant find the other as i prefer a different minimap not already in the pack
Mapwriter is in Opis so if you want to disable that, disable both MobiusCore and Opis.