[1.7.10] Wanderlust Reloaded - Questing Adventure [Magic-Tech] [HQM - over 250 Quests] [Tabula Rasa]

billbertking1

Jul 29, 2019
Try 4GB, sometimes going to crazy with RAM ends us badly. Also try to reinstall the pack, amongst many users this issue has only happened once and that is you, sadly :(
Well, there's a first for everything. 4GB didn't work, I'll reinstall real quick.

Edit: Fast internet is beautiful in times like this.

Edit 2: Force updating didn't work.

Edit 3: Okay, so I'm looking back at the crash log. These peaked my interest - http://pastebin.com/530qVFyx

Last edited:

Sethalidos

Jul 29, 2019
then there's something wrong with the download as I have deleted and redownloaded it three times and still no ars magica 2.

Painstouch

Jul 29, 2019
Can I suggest you remove any "Mod has a new version" and/or "You are using latest mod version" print to chat? I doubt it's of any help to players, since the creators decide when and if any of the mods should be updated?

Also, Iron paxel could get a boost in durability. 250, same as iron shovel? Errr...

Yulife

Jul 29, 2019
Can I suggest you remove any "Mod has a new version" and/or "You are using latest mod version" print to chat? I doubt it's of any help to players, since the creators decide when and if any of the mods should be updated?

Also, Iron paxel could get a boost in durability. 250, same as iron shovel? Errr...

You get it as a reward for making stone tools so it shouldn't be too good.

I can hardly fix the "Mod has a new version" thing, the only thing I can do is update the mods which I am doing right now.

Reactions: 016Nojr

b0bst3r

Jul 29, 2019
I can hardly fix the "Mod has a new version" thing, the only thing I can do is update the mods which I am doing right now.

Botania config -

# Set to false to disable checking and alerting when new Botania versions come out.
B:versionChecking.enabled=true

DamageIndicatorsmod config

# 0 = Disable, 1 = Only alert when update is available, 2 = Normal Behavior.
I:UpdateBehavior=2

Cuts a couple out

Yulife

Jul 29, 2019
Botania config -

# Set to false to disable checking and alerting when new Botania versions come out.
B:versionChecking.enabled=true

DamageIndicatorsmod config

# 0 = Disable, 1 = Only alert when update is available, 2 = Normal Behavior.
I:UpdateBehavior=2

Cuts a couple out
Darn, just submitted 1.0.2, you replied too late :(
Will be in 1.0.3 or 1.1.0 then.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
loaded up thist modpack today and messed around with it. I really like how many quests you've added, they're not too hard to complete, but also not too easy
but there's a few things I'd like to mention. I don't know if this is the intention of the modpack, but in my opinion there's just a bit too many mods in the pack, which can cause some annoying lagg.
if it's your intention to have this many mods in the pack, I'd suggest to create a lite version of this pack, but if some are not really needed, but good to have, you might better disable them from the start, and allow users to re-enable them. but for mods that don't really have alot of point in the pack, and there'll be no quests for them, it may be better to just remove them.

some of the mods I'd personally remove would be
  • Damage Indicators mod - seeing as WAILA now also has the function that DIM provides
  • Ars Magica 2 - I saw that there were no quests for this mod and it's quite a big mod for having no quests. there's already quite a few magic mods in the pack, and seeing that AM2 is a mod that's still quite heavily a WIP mod, and seeing Mithion has stepped down as mod developer of Ars Magica, I'd personally remove the mod.
  • Decocraft - it's a nice looking mod, but that's about it
  • Description Tags - I'd remove it unless you're planning on actually adding items in the game using this mod
  • FLORA - it's a very nice mod, but it needs proper documentation, probably through quests
  • Fluxed Trinkets - I guess this is not really my kind of mod, I just find it too much of a WIP mod
  • Ping - I don't see any real use for it, but that's probably because I have no idea what it actually does
  • RPGAdvMod - kind of the same as description tags, if you've plans for the mod, keep it, otherwise it'd be better to remove it
  • Statues - it's a fun mod, but like decocraft, that's about it
  • SuperMassiveTech - not my cup of tea
  • Tails - it's a mod like Hats, it's fun, but that's about it
  • TheKitchenMod - already quite alot of alternatives for food added by other mods
  • Tinkers Steelworks - seeing as there's already other mods that added an option to increase ingot yield and creating steel, I don't really think you need another mod that does that aswell.

some of the mods I'd make optional would be
  • AdminCommandToolbox - only useful for servers I guess
  • Bibliowoods - only really needed if you've those mods enabled
  • Biome's o Plenty - might be a load too heavy for some
  • EiraIRC - not everyone wants to use it
  • IndustrialCraft - no quests for it yet, but some might want to play with it
  • Opis - personally I'd use JourneyMap, as I never really use Opis
  • PneumaticCraft - no quests for it aswell
though this is all just my personal opinion, but I noticed when exploring the world there was quite some stutters and lagg spikes, even with Fastcraft installed and graphics set to low.
the aesthetics mods that I'd personally remove are not bad mods, but if I could choose between a better running pack without those mods, or a slow pack with those mods, I'd prefer to remove them.

EDIT: also, I tried looking around for it myself, but is it possible to disable that MUD button from Mine & Blade Battlegear 2? because christ that button looks ugly and very misplaced...

Last edited:
Reactions: 016Nojr

Yulife

Jul 29, 2019
loaded up thist modpack today and messed around with it. I really like how many quests you've added, they're not too hard to complete, but also not too easy
but there's a few things I'd like to mention. I don't know if this is the intention of the modpack, but in my opinion there's just a bit too many mods in the pack, which can cause some annoying lagg.
if it's your intention to have this many mods in the pack, I'd suggest to create a lite version of this pack, but if some are not really needed, but good to have, you might better disable them from the start, and allow users to re-enable them. but for mods that don't really have alot of point in the pack, and there'll be no quests for them, it may be better to just remove them.

some of the mods I'd personally remove would be
  • Damage Indicators mod - seeing as WAILA now also has the function that DIM provides
  • Ars Magica 2 - I saw that there were no quests for this mod and it's quite a big mod for having no quests. there's already quite a few magic mods in the pack, and seeing that AM2 is a mod that's still quite heavily a WIP mod, and seeing Mithion has stepped down as mod developer of Ars Magica, I'd personally remove the mod.
  • Decocraft - it's a nice looking mod, but that's about it
  • Description Tags - I'd remove it unless you're planning on actually adding items in the game using this mod
  • FLORA - it's a very nice mod, but it needs proper documentation, probably through quests
  • Fluxed Trinkets - I guess this is not really my kind of mod, I just find it too much of a WIP mod
  • Ping - I don't see any real use for it, but that's probably because I have no idea what it actually does
  • RPGAdvMod - kind of the same as description tags, if you've plans for the mod, keep it, otherwise it'd be better to remove it
  • Statues - it's a fun mod, but like decocraft, that's about it
  • SuperMassiveTech - not my cup of tea
  • Tails - it's a mod like Hats, it's fun, but that's about it
  • TheKitchenMod - already quite alot of alternatives for food added by other mods
  • Tinkers Steelworks - seeing as there's already other mods that added an option to increase ingot yield and creating steel, I don't really think you need another mod that does that aswell.

some of the mods I'd make optional would be
  • AdminCommandToolbox - only useful for servers I guess
  • Bibliowoods - only really needed if you've those mods enabled
  • Biome's o Plenty - might be a load too heavy for some
  • EiraIRC - not everyone wants to use it
  • IndustrialCraft - no quests for it yet, but some might want to play with it
  • Opis - personally I'd use JourneyMap, as I never really use Opis
  • PneumaticCraft - no quests for it aswell
though this is all just my personal opinion, but I noticed when exploring the world there was quite some stutters and lagg spikes, even with Fastcraft installed and graphics set to low.
the aesthetics mods that I'd personally remove are not bad mods, but if I could choose between a better running pack without those mods, or a slow pack with those mods, I'd prefer to remove them.

Wow, that is a lot of feedback, thanks for that :)
And yes, I have thought about removing some mods as well.
But let me go through your mentioned ones..

Damage Indicators: You are right, WAILA kinda does this. Will be removed.
Ars Magica 2: It is one of my favourite mods and soon there will be quests for it. Will probably stay in.
Decocraft: Has some very neat aesthetics, will make it optional.
Description Tags: It was used to add lore to some quest items but I think it can be removed now.
FLORA: This mod was actually user suggested, I was doubtful about it as well. May make some quests regarding to it.
Fluxed Trinkets: It is a rising mod from someone I know and I want it in the pack to bugtest.
Ping: This mod is more than neat for a co-op play, will make it optional.
RPGADVMod: The mod is quite neat, will make it optional.
Statues: Just a small mod, will make it optional.
SMT: This mod has some more than awesome stuff upcoming, will def. stay in.
Tails: Will def. stay in, I love this mod to infinity.
TheKitchenMod: It gives a modular feel to the cooking part of the pack - will stay in.
Tinkers Steelworks: In my opinion a nice alternative to Railcraft's steel production and plays well with TiC.

AdminCommandToolbox/Opis: This mod goes along well with Opis and detect lag and diminish it by, eg, purging chunks.
Bibliowoods: Just a neat addition to Bibliocraft that will stay in.
EiraIRC: It is neat to stay in contact with others in the IRC channel to report bugs or discuss the gameplay. If someone wants it gone, they can disable it :)
Industrialcraft: I am personally not a fan of it, it was user suggested, will make it optional.
Pneumaticraft: Once again I am not a fan of it, however, many people are. Will stay in.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Wow, that is a lot of feedback, thanks for that :)
And yes, I have thought about removing some mods as well.
But let me go through your mentioned ones..

Damage Indicators: You are right, WAILA kinda does this. Will be removed.
Ars Magica 2: It is one of my favourite mods and soon there will be quests for it. Will probably stay in.
Decocraft: Has some very neat aesthetics, will make it optional.
Description Tags: It was used to add lore to some quest items but I think it can be removed now.
FLORA: This mod was actually user suggested, I was doubtful about it as well. May make some quests regarding to it.
Fluxed Trinkets: It is a rising mod from someone I know and I want it in the pack to bugtest.
Ping: This mod is more than neat for a co-op play, will make it optional.
RPGADVMod: The mod is quite neat, will make it optional.
Statues: Just a small mod, will make it optional.
SMT: This mod has some more than awesome stuff upcoming, will def. stay in.
Tails: Will def. stay in, I love this mod to infinity.
TheKitchenMod: It gives a modular feel to the cooking part of the pack - will stay in.
Tinkers Steelworks: In my opinion a nice alternative to Railcraft's steel production and plays well with TiC.

AdminCommandToolbox/Opis: This mod goes along well with Opis and detect lag and diminish it by, eg, purging chunks.
Bibliowoods: Just a neat addition to Bibliocraft that will stay in.
EiraIRC: It is neat to stay in contact with others in the IRC channel to report bugs or discuss the gameplay. If someone wants it gone, they can disable it :)
Industrialcraft: I am personally not a fan of it, it was user suggested, will make it optional.
Pneumaticraft: Once again I am not a fan of it, however, many people are. Will stay in.

thanks for the quick feedback, nice to know that you're still working quite alot on the modpack, makes me excited to find out what's more to come.
I've went ahead and disabled pretty much any mod that I was unsure about, and after that the game runs very smoothly, so the lagg and stutters I had really came from too many mods installed.
it may still be an idea to create a lite version of this pack, basically with alot of mods disabled and a tweaked HQM for people who want to keep it basic, it's kind of a shame it's not possible for HQM to automatically adjust quests when certain mods are disabled.
for now I'll guess I'll keep the mods enabled for which quests were made, and temporarily disable the others until there's quests for them, to keep the game running smoothly

Reactions: Yulife

PhyscoKillerMonkey

Jul 29, 2019
Nope. I'm trying to launch the game still.

Have you tried changing the PermSize in your Java args? I allways add
Code:
 -XX:PermSize=256m -XX:MaxPermSize=512m
to the end of my modded instances. Seemed to work for this pack after I kept getting load errors.

Last edited:

Yulife

Jul 29, 2019
thanks for the quick feedback, nice to know that you're still working quite alot on the modpack, makes me excited to find out what's more to come.
I've went ahead and disabled pretty much any mod that I was unsure about, and after that the game runs very smoothly, so the lagg and stutters I had really came from too many mods installed.
it may still be an idea to create a lite version of this pack, basically with alot of mods disabled and a tweaked HQM for people who want to keep it basic, it's kind of a shame it's not possible for HQM to automatically adjust quests when certain mods are disabled.
for now I'll guess I'll keep the mods enabled for which quests were made, and temporarily disable the others until there's quests for them, to keep the game running smoothly

That is more than true, it's a GIANT hassle to troubleshoot HQM when a feature or a whole mods get removed.