[1.7.10] Wanderlust Reloaded - Questing Adventure [Magic-Tech] [HQM - over 250 Quests] [Tabula Rasa]

malianx

Jul 29, 2019
The better sleeping mod is either really badly configured or broken. It takes about 5 minecraft days full of running, jumping, and digging solid to get enough tired to sleep, so early game means waiting on night to finish over and over and over. Also the config has it set to require 0.4 players in bed to skip night, which should be 40%, but in reality it requires every player on the server to get into bed.

belathus

Jul 29, 2019
The better sleeping mod is either really badly configured or broken. It takes about 5 minecraft days full of running, jumping, and digging solid to get enough tired to sleep, so early game means waiting on night to finish over and over and over. Also the config has it set to require 0.4 players in bed to skip night, which should be 40%, but in reality it requires every player on the server to get into bed.
Yeah, Better Sleeping's sleep voting system doesn't work too well. Fortunately, Morpheus works with Better Sleeping and solves that issue there. Morpheus will be added back to the pack in 2.0.1.

I've never had a problem sleeping, but then, I don't really try to sleep every night. I admit that one of my complaints about Better Sleeping is the forced balancing act; if I make it so you can sleep every night, you pretty much have to sleep every night. On the other side, if you set the configs such that you can go a few nights without sleep, you'll run into nights where you literally cannot sleep because you're too well rested. If caffeine were a viable method of staving off sleep, the first option would probably be acceptable, but since caffeine doesn't do much with the current configs, well, that isn't an option. I did, however, edit the configs in 2.0.1 such that caffeine is very viable for staying awake.

I like the concept of Better Sleeping, but given the frustrations I'm having with balancing it, and the sheer volume of complaints I get, I am considering removing it. I'm sure a few people would be pleased if I do.

malianx

Jul 29, 2019
I do like the idea of it, but yeah it does seem to be a very touchy balance. The main problem is early game, new players on a server end up having to spend literal real life hours waiting out nights before they have shelter unless they want to build right at spawn, and entirely out of cobble. So join server, walk a little ways, wait, rinse and repeat. Turns a few hour session into virtually zero play time.

malianx

Jul 29, 2019
If that's a problem on the server maybe someone should stock some sleeping bags at spawn :)

Its not a problem with not having beds, its a problem with beds not working at night because you didn't spend several MC days gaining tired.

malianx

Jul 29, 2019
The quest Fluid Energy Transfer won't complete, it does not detect the crafting of a redstone energy cell. There was a post back in april with a changelog saying this was fixed, but apparently it was not.

belathus

Jul 29, 2019
The quest Fluid Energy Transfer won't complete, it does not detect the crafting of a redstone energy cell. There was a post back in april with a changelog saying this was fixed, but apparently it was not.
It looks like I fixed this in 2.0.1.

Speaking of, I'm happy enough with where I am with the modpack to submit 2.0.1 tonight. Potion ID's and Biome ID's are looking good, but there may be oddities with me modifying these, so I suggest ending any ongoing potion effects before you update or you might get some unintended status effects. Biome ID's, on the other hand, well, I didn't change any ID's that were working already, so your biomes shouldn't suddenly become something else.

Mekanism's steel recipe will likely be removed. In order to compensate, I'll make the steel casing take aluminum brass instead. I'll also make the crusher not require a casing so that you can make aluminum brass without branching into other mods.

belathus

Jul 29, 2019
So... no update tonight. I tried updating Modtweaker, which caused me to go on a string of updates, which lead to crash after crash... now I'm reverting the updates and... I just can't stay up any longer. I have to be up in 5 hours, and I didn't get much sleep last night either.

It isn't helping that the crash reports fail to even mention which mod is causing said crash. That'd greatly simplify troubleshooting. As it is, I'm doing trial and error to identify which mod, specifically, is causing the crash so that I could at least send a bug report to the proper party but... bleh.

I'm going to bed. Once I've reverted back to pre-today, I'll try again tomorrow. It is a pain to basically lose a day's worth of work.

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
If you shift-click a frame holder recipe into an AE2 crafting terminal while holding a stack of Alveary blocks it will turn that stack of blocks into one block, losing every Alveary block over 1 in the stack. Ouch.

Working through the quest line I lost 20+ blocks that way but couldn't figure out where they went. Making my 2nd Alveary I paid more attention, lol.

Reactions: belathus

belathus

Jul 29, 2019
Another update as to the status of the modpack:

I updated Forge to build 1492 (the latest, not recommended) and... that fixed all the problems I was having. Even the one I had with TSteelworks weeks ago... so that is back in the pack.

Everything is looking good again. That said, let me clean some things up, and I'll get an update out there!

belathus

Jul 29, 2019
Alright, fellas. Final (hopefully) update to WLR2.0.1: It is submitted to the FTB team. So far, I'm happy with things (except the textures at the faces of the Mekanism machines -- it'd be nice if I could get them to reflect the fact that they're now made of aluminum brass). Changelog below:

Added:
  • Extended Potions. Only having 128 potion IDs isn't enough for how many magic mods we have.

Removed:
  • CoFHLib. It isn't needed where CoFHCore is installed.

Changes:
  • Changed the JABBA tiers a bit. Moved gold and diamond down a bit, inserted aluminum brass and manyullyn, and removed endstone and obsidian.
  • Mekanism steel is FINALLY disabled. It took an update to Modtweaker to do, as that function was disabled in 2.0.0.
  • To account for Steel not being in Mekanism, the steel casing has been renamed to "aluminum brass casing" and now takes aluminum brass.
  • In order to account for the new casing recipe, the crusher now can be crafted using a basic machine frame or a machine chassis instead of an aluminum brass casing.
  • Infused seeds (Thaumic Tinkerer) can have their aspect tenancies removed by placing them in the crafting grid. It was something that annoyed me about the seeds, so I made it possible. I doubt a lot of you will use it, though.
  • Added several things to Mekanism's cardboard box blacklist. Sorry.

HQM Changes:
  • Some new rewards from reward bags
    • Tinkers' Defense shields, etc.
    • Cookbooks written by @penguinsane
    • Tiny nodes-in-a-jar
    • Beehives
    • A couple witchery potions
  • Moved some reward bags to different tiers.
  • Fixed some issues with the Forestry questline. Whoops.
  • Added some new basic quests. They mostly involve sleeping.

Fixes:
  • Stone daggers are now craftable
  • Disabled EnderIO wither skeletons
  • Potion IDs! You'd be amazed at how many potion effects there are in this pack. Witchery alone adds 44, and there was a hard limit of 128 in the pack before this update. Well, take advantage of those witchery potions. They're seriously awesome.

Updates:
  • AODB to 2.6.3
  • Applied Energistics to RV2 stable 8
  • AsieLib to 0.4.2
  • Better Sleeping to 0.10.0 (Compatibility with sleeping bags!)
  • Better Storage to 0.13.1.126
  • Biblocraft to 1.10.4
  • Big Reactors to 0.4.3A
  • Binnie's Mods to 2.0 Pre14
  • Biomes O' Plenty 2.1.0.1364
  • Blood Magic to 1.3.3-4
  • Botania to r1.7-207
  • Buildcraft to 7.0.9
  • Buildcraft Compat to 7.0.8
  • Carpenters Blocks to 3.3.6
  • Chisel 2 to 2.3.10
  • CodeChickenCore to 1.0.7.46
  • CoFHCore to 3.0.3-303
  • Computronics to 1.5.6
  • CookieCore to 1.3.1-7
  • CustomMainMenu to 1.5
  • DecoCraft to 2.0.2
  • Dense Ores to 1.6.2
  • EiraIRC to 2.8.270
  • Enchiridion to 2.0.2a
  • EnderIO to 2.2.8.381
  • EnderStorage 1.4.7.36
  • EnderTech 0.3.2.388
  • Enhanced Portals - 3.0.12
  • Extra Cells to 2.2.73b129
  • Extra Utilities to 1.2.6
  • Factorization to 0.8.94
  • Forbidden Magic to 0.562
  • Forestry for Minecraft to 3.6.3.20
  • Forge Multipart
  • Funky Locomotion to beta 5c
  • Gardenstuff to 1.6.3
  • Gravestone to 2.12.4
  • Hardcore Ender Expansion to 1.8.2
  • Hardcore Questing Mode - The Journey to 4.2.4
  • Hunger Overhaul to 1.0.0 (No longer beta!)
  • Iguana's Tinkers Tweaks to 2.1.5
  • INpureCore to 1.0.0B9-62
  • Inventory Tweaks to 1.59-dev-152
  • Magic Bees to 2.3.3
  • Malisis Core to 0.12.5
  • Malisis Doors to 1.9.3
  • Mariculture to 1.2.4.2a
  • Mekanism (Base, Tools and Generators) to 8.1.6.249
  • Mine & Blade: Battlegear 2 to 1.0.8.0
  • Mobius Core to 1.2.5
  • ModTweaker to 0.9.1
  • MrTJPCore to 1.0.9.18
  • Mystcraft to 0.11.11.00
  • Not Enough Items to 1.0.5.111
  • NEI Addons to 1.12.9.32
  • OpenBlocks to 1.4.3
  • OpenComputers to 1.5.13.27
  • OpenModsLib to 0.7.3
  • OpenPeripheral to AIO-4
  • Opis to 1.2.5
  • Pam's Harvestcraft to 1.7.10i
  • PneumaticCraft 1.9.10-98
  • Progressive Automation to 1.6.18
  • ProjectBlue to 1.1.4
  • ProjectRed to 4.7.0pre5.89
  • Railcraft to 9.6.1.0
  • Redstone Arsenal to 1.1.1-89
  • Resource Loader to 1.2
  • SimplyJeckpacks to 1.5.1
  • Stackie to 1.6.0.35
  • Steve's Addons to 0.10.12
  • SuperMassiveTech to 0.3.0-alpha-110
  • Thaumic Energistics to 0.8.10.5
  • Thaumic Tinkerer to 2.5-1.7.10-506
  • Thermal Dynamics to 1.1.0-161
  • Thermal Expansion to 4.0.3B1-218
  • Thermal Foundation to 1.2.0-102
  • TiC Tooltips to 1.2.5
  • Tinkers' Construct to 1.8.5
  • Tinkers' Steelworks to 1.1.0-16
  • Translocators 1.1.2.15
  • Travellers Gear to 1.16.4
  • Twilight Forest to 2.3.7
  • Witching Gadgets to 1.1.9

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
So what is the method for making superbees now, make ~8 drones from larva with the traits you want and then throw them at a pristine princess one at a time? Is pretty cool that after other mods pop up to make bees easy/easier, Binnie reworks his/her? line to be harder. :)

belathus

Jul 29, 2019
So what is the method for making superbees now, make ~8 drones from larva with the traits you want and then throw them at a pristine princess one at a time? Is pretty cool that after other mods pop up to make bees easy/easier, Binnie reworks his/her? line to be harder. :)
Yeah, pretty much. I'm sure that if the princess has 4x fertility to start with, you can get a lot of the traits you want by only making one super drone and selectively breeding the children until genetically stable. Then try, try again. It keeps some of the original Forestry breeding while still allowing genetic manipulation, so I'm in favor of it.

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
Are damaged bees still a thing, I'm noticing that the mutation block for the alveary has changed materials? Guess I'll find out one way or another.