[1.7.10] Wanderlust Reloaded - Questing Adventure [Magic-Tech] [HQM - over 250 Quests] [Tabula Rasa]

Darkmatter

Jul 29, 2019
Did the update do something to override the texture for Basalt? It now only shows a default texture no matter what pack I try. I made this nice big room with basalt flooring and now it looks like....... :(

belathus

Jul 29, 2019
Do you have the resource pack that comes with WLR selected? The basalt texture from Tabula Rasa is from Terra Firma Craft, and is added via that resource pack..

Darkmatter

Jul 29, 2019
I even tried reinstalling the texture pack. Still not working. Could your pack be overriding the texture? Because no pack will display it as anything but a low res default texture.

belathus

Jul 29, 2019
If you're talking about the Tabula Rasa basalt, there isn't a default texture to overwrite. If you're talking about the Project Red basalt, the WLR resource pack does not touch it.

Darkmatter

Jul 29, 2019
Well I did the last thing I could think of. Which was the go to the Project Red page and download all the most up to date .jar files for my mods folder. Sadly this did not fix the problem.
This change happened right around when the new Wanderlust Reloaded version was released so I don't know what else could have done it. I'm not saying you did something, just saying that something may have happened.

Thanks for your replies.

Darkmatter

Jul 29, 2019
I turned on my console and I see that I get a lot of red error msgs near the end of the loading that I never used to get. Could this show what the problem is? Is there somewhere I can paste the whole thing?

Thanks

belathus

Jul 29, 2019
Use pastebin to post logs. If you're getting errors about Witchery's potion IDs, don't worry about them, as that issue is resolved by the Extended Potions mod.

Darkmatter

Jul 29, 2019
Posted at

http://pastebin.com/DduxfFZw

I couldn't post all of it because of the size so I posted from where the texture errors start. These errors weren't there before the patch.

Thanks

EDIT: I was looking in my tinkerers construct "Materials and You Vol 2" and half of the pages show black blocks instead of text. Going to ask around to see if anyone else has this.

EDIT2: Someone else has it too but has had it for a long time where as I just got this problem. I'm going to try a reinstall of the pack.

EDIT3: Sadly a reinstall of the game didn't fix the problems. :(

Last edited:

Lottanubs

Jul 29, 2019
On the topic of missing textures, I noticed a few liquid metals have that standard black/purple checkerboard texture in NEI. No biggie though, not like anyone uses molten osmium for interior designing.

rhodsey17

Jul 29, 2019
Hey there.
Few things I've noticed. Not sure if this is the pack or the fact I've updated to Windows 10 though.

1) when trying to launch a new server it fails and it seems the Fore JAR and the batch file have different names in? I have to manually edit the Batch file so they match which seems to let the server launch.

2) Mobiuscore seems to be listed both on the disabled and enabled mods list at the same time. Either trying to enable the disabled version or disable the enabled version doesn't seem to do anything

3) while I can launch the pack as is then generate a world without enabling any of the optional mods. If I activate them all barOPIS (as I usually do) then the game loads to the menu but as soon as you try log into a world or generate a new one the whole thing just crashes to desktop.

I'm just now doing the usual trying to activate a ferw mods at a time to see if only one or a few causing the issue but I was wondering if anyone has experienced any of the above?

EDIT: just to add it appears to be resonant Engine causing the issue. As soon as I enable that the game crashes on world load.

Last edited:

belathus

Jul 29, 2019
Hey there.
Few things I've noticed. Not sure if this is the pack or the fact I've updated to Windows 10 though.

1) when trying to launch a new server it fails and it seems the Fore JAR and the batch file have different names in? I have to manually edit the Batch file so they match which seems to let the server launch.

2) Mobiuscore seems to be listed both on the disabled and enabled mods list at the same time. Either trying to enable the disabled version or disable the enabled version doesn't seem to do anything

3) while I can launch the pack as is then generate a world without enabling any of the optional mods. If I activate them all barOPIS (as I usually do) then the game loads to the menu but as soon as you try log into a world or generate a new one the whole thing just crashes to desktop.

I'm just now doing the usual trying to activate a ferw mods at a time to see if only one or a few causing the issue but I was wondering if anyone has experienced any of the above?

EDIT: just to add it appears to be resonant Engine causing the issue. As soon as I enable that the game crashes on world load.
I admit that I didn't test the optional mods much. In fact, I didn't even update them until the day I submitted the pack. I am not surprised that the one causing the problem is Resonant Engine, though.

As for the batch file: I'm a Linux user, so I probably didn't touch it after I decided on a Forge version. I'll fix that in the next update, though.

As for MobiusCore: oops.

Thanks for the feedback!

rhodsey17

Jul 29, 2019
I admit that I didn't test the optional mods much. In fact, I didn't even update them until the day I submitted the pack. I am not surprised that the one causing the problem is Resonant Engine, though.

As for the batch file: I'm a Linux user, so I probably didn't touch it after I decided on a Forge version. I'll fix that in the next update, though.

As for MobiusCore: oops.

Thanks for the feedback!

No problem. i've now got the pack working with the addition of RWG, streams mod and also the storage drawers mod (saw it in horizons and thought it looked cool for all those cooking and spell ingredients

belathus

Jul 29, 2019
A couple things:

I am looking to add quests that reward legendary reward bags. I am also thinking of adding more legendary, mythic, or epic level rewards. Essentially, I am looking for ideas.

I made a spreadsheet (spoilers!):
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...xz1GJMUtF7Qo1VYXQgFLIEw/edit?usp=docslist_api

If you see a particular category has a short list of reward bags, I would love a suggestion for a reward there. In general, the further right the category is on the spreadsheet, the rarer it is.

I want high level quest ideas. Something unique or something that can be used to teach about a particular mechanic would be ideal. I am thinking of making a 'challenge' quest line, but if a quest fits in an existing category, it will likely go there.

belathus

Jul 29, 2019
Another thing: I noticed some blocks aren't enabled in Applied Energistic's facade list, such as Thaumcraft's ancient stone. If anyone has suggestions for blocks to add to this list, let me know.

Chubblezap

Jul 29, 2019
Getting a very strange bug on a fresh install; it seems that in certain areas, the sky will start to spaz out, flickering and causing lag. It looks like it might have something to do with the rendering fog, but I'm not sure. Anyone else getting this or know how to fix it?