[1.7.10] Wanderlust Reloaded - Questing Adventure [Magic-Tech] [HQM - over 250 Quests] [Tabula Rasa]

Yulife

Jul 29, 2019
does it actually matter wich ones? The minetweaker/modtweaker scripts in minecraft/scripts folder?
Well, if you don't distribute all of them. : ) I'm not stuck up on people distributing my content but it'd be a dick move if someone copy-pasted all of my scripts into their pack and called it theirs! lol
But you are using a private pack so whatever ; )
Also, HQM edit mod is enabled by deafult. Does it suposed to be so?
Yea, Belathus is supposed to fix that. haha

Mike Y

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any texture packs that work well with this pack? I've tried a few but they don't seem to hit a lot of the blocks.

Lianite

Jul 29, 2019
So I just came back to this pack after a fairly long hiatus, so rebuilt my server and downloaded an updated client. Currently running on 2.0.1 and every time that I log in, I can't open the quest book. Now I know I'm supposed to disable edit mode, but from looking at the configs, it appears it is off. When I execute /hqm quest, it tells me: Questing mode is already activated.

So, my question would be: How do I open the quest book?

Checking the server logs, there is nothing around the time I attempt to open the book, so it doesn't look like there is an error.

Yulife

Jul 29, 2019
So I just came back to this pack after a fairly long hiatus, so rebuilt my server and downloaded an updated client. Currently running on 2.0.1 and every time that I log in, I can't open the quest book. Now I know I'm supposed to disable edit mode, but from looking at the configs, it appears it is off. When I execute /hqm quest, it tells me: Questing mode is already activated.

So, my question would be: How do I open the quest book?

Checking the server logs, there is nothing around the time I attempt to open the book, so it doesn't look like there is an error.
Your quest data/config need to be the same in both server and client. Perhaps you forgot to update your client too?

Reactions: Lottanubs

Darianna

Jul 29, 2019
Mhh ...i would craft me a Stirling Generator...a quest says too i should do this...but i wont work?
I cant click on the Ender IO BasicGears for the recipe...the recipe from wiki gives me stónegears from buildcraft..
Are here something changed? And why gives me NEI than the recipe wich wouldnt work?
How can i make a generator now?

belathus

Jul 29, 2019
I figured I'd give you guys an update on what I'm doing. I'm considering adding RWG to the pack as an optional mod, but there are some problems with RWG due to the fact that it doesn't generate proper river and ocean biomes; as such, Mariculture's limestone and rutile doesn't spawn (kinda a big deal if you plan on building a Big Reactor or Mekanism's solar or wind generators). So, I'm working on world gen to make limestone spawn under most bodies of water. There are other potential issues with Mariculture not spawning stuff; natural gas, sponges, and coral also are impossible to get without resorting to Mystcraft. I'm exploring solutions to this.

In addition, tarma root and desert novas are a bit too rare in the Twilight Forest; it sometimes takes hours to find them, though they do spawn! I'm working on upping that generation rate. So, overall, I'm looking at adding a bit of world generation.

Mhh ...i would craft me a Stirling Generator...a quest says too i should do this...but i wont work?
I cant click on the Ender IO BasicGears for the recipe...the recipe from wiki gives me stónegears from buildcraft..
Are here something changed? And why gives me NEI than the recipe wich wouldnt work?
How can i make a generator now?
You should be able to use stone gears from BuildCraft. I've tried to unify the gears as much as possible to use mostly Thermal Foundation gears, and Buildcraft where the TF gears don't exist (like stone and wood).

Reactions: Yulife

Darianna

Jul 29, 2019
Have tried a little bit...but the normal Recipe with the Furnace wont work...must make a mashine chassis or so (dont remember the exact name)..
That makes this generator a little bit heavier to make..
So the gears would be okay....havent the mats for this mashine thing...so i must wait

belathus

Jul 29, 2019
Have tried a little bit...but the normal Recipe with the Furnace wont work...must make a mashine chassis or so (dont remember the exact name)..
That makes this generator a little bit heavier to make..
So the gears would be okay....havent the mats for this mashine thing...so i must wait
Yeah, that machine frame thing was a mistake. I'll be removing that in the next update.

Lottanubs

Jul 29, 2019
@belathus - As for RWG not spawning rivers and oceans, I've been using a small mod called Streams to fix that; small tributaries flow into wider rivers which are supposed to empty into either lakes or oceans. It doesn't add 'river' or 'lake' biomes though, just adds the water on top of whatever biome was originally there. Streams is 100% compatible with Biomes O'Plenty and RWG.

Yulife

Jul 29, 2019

yug77

Jul 29, 2019
Is it intentional for WLR to have copper/tin/silver ore gen enabled in the ProjectRed config? If it is intentional, is it also intentional to have the resistances set to 0, the maximum generation rate as I understand it?

It would seem this results in 2 distinct copper/tin/silver ores being generated in the overworld, given that copper/tin/silver are also defined in the cofh configs.

Is anyone able to shed some light on the reasons for this?

belathus

Jul 29, 2019
Is it intentional for WLR to have copper/tin/silver ore gen enabled in the ProjectRed config? If it is intentional, is it also intentional to have the resistances set to 0, the maximum generation rate as I understand it?

It would seem this results in 2 distinct copper/tin/silver ores being generated in the overworld, given that copper/tin/silver are also defined in the cofh configs.

Is anyone able to shed some light on the reasons for this?
Yes. It is because Project Red only recently added copper, silver, and tin generation (as well as electrotine), and I didn't notice it when updating the mod. It'll be disabled in the next version and all basic ore generation will be handled by CoFH.

Reactions: yug77

yug77

Jul 29, 2019
Yes. It is because Project Red only recently added copper, silver, and tin generation (as well as electrotine), and I didn't notice it when updating the mod. It'll be disabled in the next version and all basic ore generation will be handled by CoFH.

Thanks for the quick reply!

Are peridot/sapphire/ruby disabled for modpack balancing purposes?

Edit: Looking at the configs, is it perhaps that you instead use the ruby/sapphire from bluepower? Does vanilla emerald then fill the peridot/emerald role?

Edit2: I am also seeing that BoP seems to generate all three (peridot/sapphire/ruby). Do these fill the role of the disabled ProjectRed analogs?

Last edited:

belathus

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the quick reply!

Are peridot/sapphire/ruby disabled for modpack balancing purposes?

Edit: Looking at the configs, is it perhaps that you instead use the ruby/sapphire from bluepower? Does vanilla emerald then fill the peridot/emerald role?

Edit2: I am also seeing that BoP seems to generate all three (peridot/sapphire/ruby). Do these fill the role of the disabled ProjectRed analogs?
Admittedly, I haven't done much with peridot/ruby/sapphire. Honestly, I don't see much value in spawning them in the world. Even the BoP gems have little value. If I recall, diamond tools are better in every way, just a little rarer.

Bluepower is not included in this modpack anymore.

z0mbii

Jul 29, 2019
Took a long break from playing, just come back to this pack and started over fresh and I'm having trouble finding Magical Forest biomes.

Is this a common problem or am I just having the worst luck ever?

I've generated multiple worlds now with biomes o plenty enabled, flown around for a while and so far they're just non existent.

edit: Ignore this, I found one. Was just having some really bad luck.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lottanubs

belathus

Jul 29, 2019
So, more ideas I have.

I couldn't really get CoFH to spawn tarma root and desert novas. I will try again. Until then, the ideas I have are as follows:
  • Adding custom villager trades, via a mod like Custom Villagers or Insider Trading.
  • Adding extra mob drops, specifically to the Twilight Forest kobold, as they already drop wheat, why not magical flowers, too.
  • An Ars Magica questline, complete with repeatable quests that reward the AM2 plants.
  • The ability to cycle between different AM2 crops using Botania's alchemy catalyst, similarly to how you can cycle between various saplings and seeds already.
  • Add them to dungeon loot.
  • Creating Ruins that specifically have AM2 plants growing in them.
  • Add AM2 plants to Witchery's mutandis list.
Speaking of Ruins, I am considering replacing Ruins with Recurrent Complex. The things it adds, I have more control over. IE, I can add buildings that specifically spawn in villages. The chests in the buildings spawned can have loot from a specific custom loot table (so a farm could have various seeds and crops in a chest, while a library has books). Plus, if I really want to, I can add the existing Ruins buildings to Recurrent Complex, but I probably won't do that.

I have decided that Realistic World Generation is not going to work for WLR. Not only does the mod not spawn oceans and river biomes, but it also adds its own ore generation, basically doubling the amount of vanilla ores in the world, and there is no way for me to disable this. I want WLR's ore generation to be defined by CoFH, not an optional mod. So, now I am looking into ATG. Hopefully it allows me more control and spawns oceans.

So, that said, I am for sure adding Recurrent Complex. If I keep Ruins, I will greatly reduce the spawn rate of those structures.

Edit: oh, I wanted to also note that I am running a test server. If you don't mind things breaking, semi-frequent updates, bugs, and downloading mods from dropbox, send me a PM and I'll likely let you on. I can use some more testers.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lottanubs and ZeroA