[1.7.10] Void World HQM Map [270+ Quests|ProjectE|CustomNPCmod|Second place of JampackedII]

sealedinterface

Jul 29, 2019
Where's Bill? I can't seem to find him. I've checked the bunkers in every single building, and he's not there. Is he in the Twilight Forest or something, because the portal (and thus the entire dimension) is disabled.

crazyeagle

Jul 29, 2019
Actually, there is a bug not recognizing Blazing Pyrotheum in the "Hotter than Lava" Quest from Technical+. Neither the Blazing Pyrotheum from the Magma Crucible, nor the one from the TiCon Smeltery will work. Who esle can confirm?

No one?! Any solutions?

niz22

Jul 29, 2019
I found a something with the dark matter pickaxe, we can change it's mod to destroy the quest gate systems blocks by destroying the blocs next to them.

sealedinterface

Jul 29, 2019
How do you get blizz rods for cryotheum? Do I need to build a spawn platform way out in a cold biome I have to look for with my jetpack, because everywhere I look it's plains.

I also can't find a few of the NPC's: Earnst, Jason, Simon & Alice, and Bill. Are they in another dimension? There's no distance marker or anything in the quest book either. I've checked every house, and marked all the ones that are empty (with Journeymap), and no luck.

Last edited:

Mysteriez974

Jul 29, 2019
How do you get blizz rods for cryotheum? Do I need to build a spawn platform way out in a cold biome I have to look for with my jetpack, because everywhere I look it's plains.

I also can't find a few of the NPC's: Earnst, Jason, Simon & Alice, and Bill. Are they in another dimension? There's no distance marker or anything in the quest book either. I've checked every house, and marked all the ones that are empty (with Journeymap), and no luck.

First, cryotheum. Guess what happens in a Fluid Transposer with 200 mB of Redstone and a snowball ? Blizz dust. Simply build a Glacial Precipitator.

Next, geez, please read the Books that are around on tables, there's actually text in them, and with that you learn that Ernst commited suicide, Jason is out to find even stronger materials than Fluxed-stuff, Simon and Alice are currently in the Twilight Dimension but lend you their Uncrafting Table, and Bill is out gathering EMC. You can not, and do not need to meet them at any point in the story. Ernst and Jason left their research in crates, simply take Simon and Alice's Uncrafting Table and Bill's Alchemical Chest, then Transmute a double of each and turn them in.

Edit : BTW, don't even try to go to the Twilight Dimension. Twilight Portals are disabled.

Double Edit : I don't remember which it is, but if you don't find Jason or Ernst's notes...damn, those crates are so packed one over another you'd guess there's another one behind them ?

Last edited:
Reactions: spiritofmc

yusei1e

Jul 29, 2019
upload_2015-8-31_0-37-52.png
i Don't know what it is but when i move the player data from my old world to my new world and start that world up it changes the player data to a fresh one

Storkman101

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys sorry for not being able to get on the forum. I have the 1.1.4 patch ready since friday but due to computer problems, my job and guests over here at my house I was not able to upload the next version. But here are the patchnotes at least. I am planning to upload the next version today (monday) but I have to see if my computer wants to do it :D. This is not a big patch for you guys but it has some updates for me which makes some stuff easier to fix
Downloads for single player and the server are able to be found at the first page under manual update. The FTB launcher will probably be updated soon
Changelog Patch V 1.1.4
Version 1.1.4 The Base of what will come
Bugfixes:
Fixed the mob Farming III (now preparing for ritual)quest not completable
Fixed the Pure Certus quest third task was to hand in pure nether quartz instead of pure certus

Bugfixes only implemented by map reset:
-

Balance Changes:
Lowered the EMC cost of the skystone block, so that the ME controller costs less

Balance Changes only implemented by map reset:
-

Other:
-Removed Metallurgy from the modpack for the time being. I wanted to implement it for new recipes but because I have been focussing more on other projects I removed it. I might be readded later with the intended features
-Updated ProjectE to the newest version
-Added Not Enough Resources to the pack to see mobdrops info as some said they were missing that NEI feature
-Added Computercraft to the pack, this will help me with optimizing the behind the scenes redstone also this way you can make some fun with the turtles
-Added Periphirals ++ to the pack, this will also help me with optimizing the behind the scenes redstone and as above you can make some extra fun with the turtles and copmuters
-Again updated the text in the questlines with updated titles. Thanks trisscar again for helping me with it. The only one left which is not updated yet are the Storage and Storage + quest lines since they are still WIP
-Added more quests in the Storage and Storage + Line. I added more basic information about the ME system for the guys who dont know how Applied Energistics works exactly. This patch the concepts of channels, first part of automation and storage in AE are added this patch. Next patch will probably contain the first part of the autocrafting

Last edited:

atanil

Jul 29, 2019
What is a good way to generate EMC? I made cobble gen, but it is generating only 11.5M EMC per hour and it is starting to cause some lag.
Now I am building T3 Collector flower, but I would need more then 4 of them to to generate more EMC then my cobble gen and it would take 80 hours to return the investment.
Is there some better method, so I don't have to wait weeks before I can complete all the quests?

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
What is a good way to generate EMC? I made cobble gen, but it is generating only 11.5M EMC per hour and it is starting to cause some lag.
Now I am building T3 Collector flower, but I would need more then 4 of them to to generate more EMC then my cobble gen and it would take 80 hours to return the investment.
Is there some better method, so I don't have to wait weeks before I can complete all the quests?
Do you have a mob dropper yet? Add to the bottom a vacuum hopper or two hooked up to a chest, hooked up to a condenser (the chest buffer is for things without an assigned emc value). Admittedly unless you want to power a million different Ender IO spawners (which you could do with the giant reactor, and it would be glorious), it would take a while to do things.
More stuff you could do to basically turn power into emc are farms and tree farms with a reinforced watering can attached, and a mining laser. Oooh the mining laser. You've likely seen how much yellorium gives you in EMC. Now imagine a six focused laser giving you uranium (if that's a thing in this one) or yellorium for days, plus it's just a beacon graphic mostly.
I don't know for sure if the deep dark is a thing you can travel to in this one, but if you can a ender quarry is also a good source of just dumping everything besides yellorium ore into a condenser, possibly after refining it.

Storkman101

Jul 29, 2019
I don't know for sure if the deep dark is a thing you can travel to in this one, but if you can a ender quarry is also a good source of just dumping everything besides yellorium ore into a condenser, possibly after refining it.
I think in one of the 1.1.X patches I disabled the deep dark and twilight forest portal. They are currently disabled for sure but the deep dark and twilight forest were available before. You can actually still go to the twilight forest if you had a teleport from the custom NPC mod since they had that function (got removed because of that function, you cannot get it anymore (might make a comeback, I have some plans for it currently) but if you had it from before you can still use it)

niz22

Jul 29, 2019
I have a bug, Lisa disepeared!!!!!!!
edit: I think she got out of her shelter when I got out of it. Is there a way to respawn her?
reddit: and the strikes stopped

Last edited:

JustHeyo

Jul 29, 2019
@Trisscar I believe the mining laser is disabled, per earlier comments in this thread. I haven't verified in-game.

I built farmlands surrounding the first bunker and grow carrots and potatoes for EMC, which was great early game but I'm looking for a non-laggy solution to take me to endgame. Cobblegens tend to lag my pc - I'd be interested in anything you guys find works. Currently I'm building a two part mob trap with some unbroken spawners.

Last edited:

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
To be honest, I got most of the EMC I needed to get going early on from a couple of lucky Mining Tree leaves reward bags. Then I built three T3 collector flowers and proceeded to make an obsidian platform around the entirety of the town. This, however, only took long enough to gen half a red katars worth of dark matter.

So wait, if the mining laser is disabled, what was the original idea behind Metallurgy in the pack? You wouldn't be able to get a ton of those ores otherwise, and maybe not even then if the laser didn't recognize them.

I still think turning the reactor into an emc gen is the best bet, assuming yellorium and cyanite are still the same emc value..... Oooh. Use a Killer Joe to automate a mob grinder, then use the exp to enchant books. Raises emc by like 10x or so.

Reactions: JustHeyo

JustHeyo

Jul 29, 2019
They're working on adding Metallurgy, but they haven't worked out how it'll fit in yet - hence it being completely removed this update. I've never used it before but did note that we'll need a starter seed of catalyst metals (base material) to play with. Once they figure out how we'll get these (and use the mod) I imagine it'll come back in.

Until then, I'll just dump gold into a transmutation table and pull out lead. Or do I have that backwards....

JustHeyo

Jul 29, 2019
@Storkman101 @spiritofmc Quest "Red Matter" in Transmutation gives 1 HQM quest reward bag as a reward, plus says "Pick One" where the only option is Dark Matter. Either a second (and third etc.) choice is missing or the Dark Matter should be moved up into the "Rewards" area next to the reward bag.
Thanks!

Storkman101

Jul 29, 2019
@Storkman101 @spiritofmc Quest "Red Matter" in Transmutation gives 1 HQM quest reward bag as a reward, plus says "Pick One" where the only option is Dark Matter. Either a second (and third etc.) choice is missing or the Dark Matter should be moved up into the "Rewards" area next to the reward bag.
Thanks!
Probably what happened is there was another item but because of some mods updates some ID s can get changed. This sometimes removes certain items in the HQM book so probably that happened.

They're working on adding Metallurgy, but they haven't worked out how it'll fit in yet - hence it being completely removed this update. I've never used it before but did note that we'll need a starter seed of catalyst metals (base material) to play with. Once they figure out how we'll get these (and use the mod) I imagine it'll come back in.
I am indeed planning to make a comeback with metallurgy. We have a plan how to let you get those ores but it was taking some time too. But currently I am more focused on fixing the little bugs, completing the Storage and Storage + quest lines and starting on improving the redstone behind the scenes for a more stable version. So the strikes dont randomly stop or something like that.
But in short the basic plan is to let you have to create most of the materials of metallurgy and then those ingots will be used in a lot of recipes. But it is a fairly big project and it doesnt help if we get it in during other updates since it will take more time then to do the other stuff.

To be honest, I got most of the EMC I needed to get going early on from a couple of lucky Mining Tree leaves reward bags. Then I built three T3 collector flowers and proceeded to make an obsidian platform around the entirety of the town. This, however, only took long enough to gen half a red katars worth of dark matter.

So wait, if the mining laser is disabled, what was the original idea behind Metallurgy in the pack? You wouldn't be able to get a ton of those ores otherwise, and maybe not even then if the laser didn't recognize them.

I still think turning the reactor into an emc gen is the best bet, assuming yellorium and cyanite are still the same emc value..... Oooh. Use a Killer Joe to automate a mob grinder, then use the exp to enchant books. Raises emc by like 10x or so.
I might add the mining lasers back but that will be only certain ores will be mined by the mining laser. Like I don't want you to get yellorium by that and other certain types of ores. But like I said above I am currently focuesing on other stuff so that will be looked at later probably

Rhalalah

Jul 29, 2019
Hi,
I've found a way to get lots of emc and I dont think it's been intended that way : you can convert 2 cyanite (1024emc each) into 1 blutonium, which you can put in a reactor, then eject the fuel from it and you got a yellorium ingot (65k emc)...
I actually got 20 cyanite reprocessor directly outputing in a reactor with buffer chest, and in 1 hour i can get about 500M emc. All i have to do is spam click eject fuel and it drops in an energy condenser for creating what i want.
I think reprocessing cyanite should give some extra emc, but this is multiplying by 32 its original value... or maybe cyanite should not have emc value.

There is still a problem with the quest for gelid cryotheum (and maybe pyrotheum, i've not tested that), whatever i try it won't count it when i put in the qds (just installed version 1.1.4 and still bugged)

Besides that it's a great map you have done, keep working on it :)