[1.7.10] Void World HQM Map [270+ Quests|ProjectE|CustomNPCmod|Second place of JampackedII]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Storkman101

Jul 29, 2019
Hi,
I've found a way to get lots of emc and I dont think it's been intended that way : you can convert 2 cyanite (1024emc each) into 1 blutonium, which you can put in a reactor, then eject the fuel from it and you got a yellorium ingot (65k emc)...
I actually got 20 cyanite reprocessor directly outputing in a reactor with buffer chest, and in 1 hour i can get about 500M emc. All i have to do is spam click eject fuel and it drops in an energy condenser for creating what i want.
I think reprocessing cyanite should give some extra emc, but this is multiplying by 32 its original value... or maybe cyanite should not have emc value.

There is still a problem with the quest for gelid cryotheum (and maybe pyrotheum, i've not tested that), whatever i try it won't count it when i put in the qds (just installed version 1.1.4 and still bugged)

Besides that it's a great map you have done, keep working on it :)
I really dont get it how you are making EMC since you cannot get yellorium from blutonium if I remember correctly and according to the wiki. So you have to explain that a little better

Also the qds bug with the liquids. In a version I updated the thermal mods and with that I think some IDs changed so that might have changed too which makes it so it doesnt count. Have to check that.

mitelk

Jul 29, 2019
i cant play any more. i stopped playing for a bit because i lost some npc's again (second time this has happened to me) and my map reload always seems to delete my inventory (i am not good at that kind of thing), any way now when i load i get an error. [06:23:53] [Server thread/INFO] [FML]: The state engine was in incorrect state SERVER_STOPPING and forced into state SERVER_STOPPED. Errors may have been discarded. i will upload my entire string but that is what i think the error is and i have tried to start 2 times one with an old world and one with a new world both just close it down and bring me to the FTB launcher.

Attachments

• error.txt
    645 KB · Views: 77

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
I really dont get it how you are making EMC since you cannot get yellorium from blutonium if I remember correctly and according to the wiki. So you have to explain that a little better

Also the qds bug with the liquids. In a version I updated the thermal mods and with that I think some IDs changed so that might have changed too which makes it so it doesnt count. Have to check that.

One blutonium ingot is made by putting water and two cyanite ingots into a reprocessor. Cyanite is the end result of yellorium being used as reactor fuel, at a 1:1 rate.
Blutonium and yellorium are treated as the same thing by the reactor, so when you see that fuel bar on the UI, it's representing it's fuel as yellorium no matter which one you insert. Then, without letting the reactor burn up the fuel he put into it, he presses the "dump fuel" button, which dumps the fuel as default yellorium ingots, even if he put in blutonium.

Now, since I feel like I'm missing something as well, what are the emc values of cyanite, blutonium, and yellorium currently?

Reactions: JustHeyo

Rhalalah

Jul 29, 2019
Like Trisscar says, blutonium and yellorium are the same for a reactor, so when you put blutonium in it, it will add fuel which you can eject in form of yellorium.
EMC value of cyanite is 1024, yellorium is 65536, and blutonium has no value.

Mysteriez974

Jul 29, 2019
Like Trisscar says, blutonium and yellorium are the same for a reactor, so when you put blutonium in it, it will add fuel which you can eject in form of yellorium.
EMC value of cyanite is 1024, yellorium is 65536, and blutonium has no value.

Which means, given a little ingenuity with itemducts and either some Aqueous Accumulators or an Evertide, and then spamming the "Eject Fuel" button, 2048 EMC turn into 65536.

I only find one solution to this, and it is not elegant. You'd have to up the EMC value of cyanite to make the "cheat" less disastrous.
I'm going to think on it a little more.

Edit : I think I might have found the solution.
Why is there an EMC value for CYANITE in the first place ?
I get that there is an use for it in turbines, but it would maybe be better to remove its EMC value altogether, or maybe change the Turbine crafting recipes.
Perhaps reintroduce Metallurgy in the next update and use one of its metals ?

I searched for a while, and Electrum seems a good choice to replace Cyanite in the Turbine recipes.
They have similar values, and I am sure you can work off the inherent energy that exists in Electrum, the stuff of Lightning or something.

Absolutely useless edit : FUN FACT OF THE DAY !
Did you know electron and electrum and all other things linked to electricity come from the same greek root elektros, that means amber ?
Now you might ask yourself : what's the link between electricity and amber ?
Well, those of you that do know the thing about amber don't. But for the others, when you rub amber with a cloth, the amber can then pull small objects, like scraps of paper, to it. And, of course, that is static electricity working its little miracle.

Final Edit, for now, I promise : I've been meaning to ask for a while : why exactly is the Travel Anchor disabled ?
If it is early-game fast travel you are trying to deter, well why not change the recipe to require more end-game materials instead ?
That said, this is no reproach : I really wish to know the reasons behind that choice and I am sure I'd understand them.

Last edited:

Glavitar

Jul 29, 2019
i cant play any more. i stopped playing for a bit because i lost some npc's again (second time this has happened to me)

About the missing NPCs, I have seen the Telecreepers port them up into the buildings above, I am wondering if there are any areas in the walls of the shelters that are hollow that the NPC's could be getting ported to. i haven't tried tearing out walls but I have almost fully lit up the map(just a few houses past the smeltery to go) and only found a few NPC's

mitelk

Jul 29, 2019
About the missing NPCs, I have seen the Telecreepers port them up into the buildings above, I am wondering if there are any areas in the walls of the shelters that are hollow that the NPC's could be getting ported to. i haven't tried tearing out walls but I have almost fully lit up the map(just a few houses past the smeltery to go) and only found a few NPC's
ya that might be it but i have the whole map lit up and i put waypoints where everyone was. now when i go down to their bunkers they are just gone. i am going to try a map reload again and see if i can get it. i think it might have something to do with either the map not fully loading (like the whole endless canyon that doesnt load) or the fact that i never get yellorium from the quest i make a jetpack and get yellorium from the reactor. i always tear that one down and rebuild it near my home in a platform i make but i think doing that forces the npc questline to continue and yet still have the old quest which glitches them off of the game.

Storkman101

Jul 29, 2019
that is indeed true, normally they wont get focused by mobs but to be sure I think I will disable those creepers next patch so this hopefully wont happen again. But no most of the walls are filled so that wont be an place they can be brought too. It is indeed annnoying to do so

Storkman101

Jul 29, 2019
One blutonium ingot is made by putting water and two cyanite ingots into a reprocessor. Cyanite is the end result of yellorium being used as reactor fuel, at a 1:1 rate.
Blutonium and yellorium are treated as the same thing by the reactor, so when you see that fuel bar on the UI, it's representing it's fuel as yellorium no matter which one you insert. Then, without letting the reactor burn up the fuel he put into it, he presses the "dump fuel" button, which dumps the fuel as default yellorium ingots, even if he put in blutonium.

Now, since I feel like I'm missing something as well, what are the emc values of cyanite, blutonium, and yellorium currently?
I really didnt think about that one, and it is difficult to patch except when a adjust the cyanite EMC then I can patch it

Mysteriez974

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry if I'm a little too talkative and intrusive, but I have an idea for the recipe of the Travel Anchor :
aDINsJK.png

The center crystal is an Ender Crystal, and the ingots are Enderium and Dark Steel.
Thus, you need quite a bit of infrastructure to manufacture both the Dark Steel and the Crystal, AND you need to have an Enderman nearby to make the Crystal.

Storkman101

Jul 29, 2019
Pack update went live, now I get stuck on "Loading World" screen
Me to. Downgraded just to play a little bit more.

Trimis de pe al meu D5803 folosind Tapatalk
I will test it right now to see what is the problem. I can play the pack myself ( and load the world) in my multimc instance (where I build the pack) I will test this on the FTB launcher an edit will follow later.
Edit1:
I am able to recreate the problem. On a new world it doesnt get stuck when you click yes to remove all the metallurgy files from your save.
If you already have a pre-existing world you just have to waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaait some time. With multiple worlds (generated in V 1.1.1) I was able to continue but I had to wait around 2 minutes to get my game going. An edit will follow later if this happens when I restarted a world where it already was updated from V 1.1.1 to V 1.1.4
Edit 2:
When you updated your world you wont have to waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaait again

Last edited:

SilverDk

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone having problem with new world? I deleted the whole pack and tried new world more than once, it seems that whenever I place down the energy cell and right click it will crash to menu. Then I can't load that world anymore, it will just show loading then shutting down and back to menu...can anyone help?

Glavitar

Jul 29, 2019
I am able to recreate the problem. On a new world it doesnt get stuck when you click yes to remove all the metallurgy files from your save.
If you already have a pre-existing world you just have to waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaait some time. With multiple worlds (generated in V 1.1.1) I was able to continue but I had to wait around 2 minutes to get my game going.

I waited over 10 minutes and nothing, could it be having issues with metallurgy items that are saved in the tablet?

edit
nope that's not it, just looked through full tablet and removed any metallurgy items and it still won't load up in updated version

Last edited:

Storkman101

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone having problem with new world? I deleted the whole pack and tried new world more than once, it seems that whenever I place down the energy cell and right click it will crash to menu. Then I can't load that world anymore, it will just show loading then shutting down and back to menu...can anyone help?
I don't know what is happening here because I didnt update the Thermal expansion mods and the bug didnt happen before (so far that I know of)

I waited over 10 minutes and nothing, could it be having issues with metallurgy items that are saved in the tablet?

edit
nope that's not it, just looked through full tablet and removed any metallurgy items and it still won't load up in updated version
Hmm this is an annoying problem. Might have to add metallurgy back again just to fix those problems :/

Storkman101

Jul 29, 2019
Or maybe not, I tossed metallurgy and metallurgycore back in the mods and it still won't load
This is getting to be a strange and annoying problem which sucks a lot. Maybe copy your complete save and make a new save and put those files in it. Maybe it will load in then. I have to test a bit myself to make this problem dissapear.

Glavitar

Jul 29, 2019
Maybe copy your complete save and make a new save and put those files in it. Maybe it will load in then.

no luck there either, even moved in an older aroma backup save in to the world folder, though it doesn't bring up the missing blocks list, just sits at loading world