Feb 27, 2014
United Kingdom
snowshock35.com
zlRmgfX.png

We Won!!!

That's right all, we came first place in Jampacked II
For all the changelogs click here: Changelog
Report any found issues here: Issue Tracker

Yes all you heard it right. We won and I'm so happy to have made this awesome pack with my good buddy @JohnnyMobbins. Thanks to all of you for the support throughout it's continued development we hope to bring out a couple updates one of which will inc a new map. Again a huge thank you to FeedTheBeast, @Watchful11, @JohnnyMobbins, @AKTheKnight and just everyone for there support and input on the project I really can't thank you all enough for what you have done. Also congratulation to the other two other winning teams @Storkman101 @spiritofmc and @dmaster8 @CreativeMaster8 @Rocketblaster37 along with the remain pack creators you all played exceptionally well and made some awesome packs.
And on that note back to pack development for Obscurity -Snow ;)

Chrissy

Jul 29, 2019
Odds are you added the a coolant port. Don't do that unless you are making a turbine. Or it'll only output steam.

Oof! I solved the wrong problem, But it gave me a NEW problem.

I made a steam turbine in a separate big machine and have a complicated setup where steam and power go back and forth, but it seems to mess up for some reason even though all the hook up are right. it only seems to work properly when i'm moving in and out of the machine blocks.

Reactions: SnowShock35

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019

I made a steam turbine in a separate big machine and have a complicated setup where steam and power go back and forth, but it seems to mess up for some reason even though all the hook up are right. it only seems to work properly when i'm moving in and out of the machine blocks.

Remember to consider speed restrictions of what ever pipes you are using and make sure it has enough water.

SnowShock35

FTB Pack Developer
Feb 27, 2014
United Kingdom
snowshock35.com

If your still having issues open a issue on the github tracker with some more info about it and we'll try and sort it ASAP ;)

da2loo

Jul 29, 2019
I've now played this Modpack for a bit and am quite impressed with quest lines and rewards so far.

After setting up a server (this applies to version: 1.7.10-1.1.11_Beta) it took me a while to get one particular issue fixed. Every time when logging onto the server I got kicked out immediately with an Internal Server Error message. Server log error:
[Server thread/INFO]: [player] joined the game
[Server thread/WARN]: Failed to handle packet for [ip address]
net.minecraft.util.ReportedException: Ticking player
at net.minecraft.entity.player.EntityPlayerMP.func_71127_g(EntityPlayerMP.java:349) ~[mw.class:?]
at net.minecraft.network.NetHandlerPlayServer.func_147347_a(NetHandlerPlayServer.java:303) ~[nh.class:?]
at net.minecraft.network.play.client.C03PacketPlayer.func_148833_a(SourceFile:137) ~[jd.class:?]
at net.minecraft.network.play.client.C03PacketPlayer$C06PacketPlayerPosLook.func_148833_a(SourceFile:20) ~[jf.class:?]
at net.minecraft.network.NetworkManager.func_74428_b(NetworkManager.java:212) ~[ej.class:?]
at net.minecraft.network.NetworkSystem.func_151269_c(NetworkSystem.java:165) [nc.class:?]
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71190_q(MinecraftServer.java:659) [MinecraftServer.class:?]
at net.minecraft.server.dedicated.DedicatedServer.func_71190_q(DedicatedServer.java:334) [lt.class:?]
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71217_p(MinecraftServer.java:547) [MinecraftServer.class:?]
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:427) [MinecraftServer.class:?]
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer$2.run(MinecraftServer.java:685) [li.class:?]
Caused by: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: net.minecraft.entity.player.PlayerCapabilities.func_82877_b(F)V
at coolsquid.squidutils.handlers.SpeedHandler.playerUpdate(SpeedHandler.java:18) ~[SpeedHandler.class:?]
at cpw.mods.fml.common.eventhandler.ASMEventHandler_381_SpeedHandler_playerUpdate_LivingUpdateEvent.invoke(.dynamic) ~[?:?]
at cpw.mods.fml.common.eventhandler.ASMEventHandler.invoke(ASMEventHandler.java:54) ~[ASMEventHandler.class:?]
at cpw.mods.fml.common.eventhandler.EventBus.post(EventBus.java:138) ~[EventBus.class:?]
at net.minecraftforge.common.ForgeHooks.onLivingUpdate(ForgeHooks.java:287) ~[ForgeHooks.class:?]
at net.minecraft.entity.EntityLivingBase.func_70071_h_(EntityLivingBase.java:1560) ~[sv.class:?]
at net.minecraft.entity.player.EntityPlayer.func_70071_h_(EntityPlayer.java:288) ~[yz.class:?]
at net.minecraft.entity.player.EntityPlayerMP.func_71127_g(EntityPlayerMP.java:295) ~[mw.class:?]
... 10 more
[Server thread/INFO]: [player] lost connection: TextComponent{text='Internal server error', siblings=[], style=Style{hasParent=false, color=null, bold=null, italic=null, underlined=null, obfuscated=null, clickEvent=null, hoverEvent=null}}
[Server thread/INFO]: [player] left the game
This can be fixed as follows: Open config\SquidUtils\SquidUtils.cfg and change S:flySpeed=0.09 to S:flySpeed=0.05

Additional things to keep in mind when setting up a server for Obscurity:
  • Use the same version of forge and libraries as the forge version on the client from:
    http://files.minecraftforge.net/maven/net/minecraftforge/forge/index_1.7.10.html
  • Delete the following file from the server: scripts\NEI.zs
  • Delete the following Client-side mods from the server
    • CustomMainMenu-MC1.7.10-1.5.jar
    • Ding-MC1.7.10.jar
    • iChunUtil-4.2.2.jar
    • InventoryTweaks-1.59-dev-152.jar
    • journeymap-1.7.10-5.1.0rc3-unlimited.jar
    • LaunchGui-1.7.10-2.0-17-client.jar
    • Lockdown-universal-1.7.2-2.0.0.0.jar
    • MobAmputation-4.0.1.jar (requires iChunUtil)
    • neiaddons-1.12.9.32-mc1.7.10.jar
    • NEIIntegration-MC1.7.10-1.0.9.jar
    • NotEnoughItems-1.7.10-1.0.4.107-universal.jar
    • ResourceLoader-1.2.jar
    • Shut The F Up-1.7.10-1.0.0.jar
    • SoundFilters-0.8_for_1.7.X.jar
    • TiCTooltips-mc1.7.10-1.2.4.jar
    • Waila-1.5.10_1.7.10.jar
    • WailaHarvestability-mc1.7.x-1.1.2.jar

Last edited:

SnowShock35

FTB Pack Developer
Feb 27, 2014
United Kingdom
snowshock35.com
I've now played this Modpack for a bit and am quite impressed with quest lines and rewards so far.

After setting up a server (this applies to version: 1.7.10-1.1.10_Beta) it took me a while to get one particular issue fixed. Every time when logging onto the server I got kicked out immediately with an Internal Server Error message. Server log error:
[Server thread/INFO]: [player] joined the game
[Server thread/WARN]: Failed to handle packet for [ip address]
net.minecraft.util.ReportedException: Ticking player
at net.minecraft.entity.player.EntityPlayerMP.func_71127_g(EntityPlayerMP.java:349) ~[mw.class:?]
at net.minecraft.network.NetHandlerPlayServer.func_147347_a(NetHandlerPlayServer.java:303) ~[nh.class:?]
at net.minecraft.network.play.client.C03PacketPlayer.func_148833_a(SourceFile:137) ~[jd.class:?]
at net.minecraft.network.play.client.C03PacketPlayer$C06PacketPlayerPosLook.func_148833_a(SourceFile:20) ~[jf.class:?]
at net.minecraft.network.NetworkManager.func_74428_b(NetworkManager.java:212) ~[ej.class:?]
at net.minecraft.network.NetworkSystem.func_151269_c(NetworkSystem.java:165) [nc.class:?]
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71190_q(MinecraftServer.java:659) [MinecraftServer.class:?]
at net.minecraft.server.dedicated.DedicatedServer.func_71190_q(DedicatedServer.java:334) [lt.class:?]
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71217_p(MinecraftServer.java:547) [MinecraftServer.class:?]
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:427) [MinecraftServer.class:?]
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer$2.run(MinecraftServer.java:685) [li.class:?]
Caused by: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: net.minecraft.entity.player.PlayerCapabilities.func_82877_b(F)V
at coolsquid.squidutils.handlers.SpeedHandler.playerUpdate(SpeedHandler.java:18) ~[SpeedHandler.class:?]
at cpw.mods.fml.common.eventhandler.ASMEventHandler_381_SpeedHandler_playerUpdate_LivingUpdateEvent.invoke(.dynamic) ~[?:?]
at cpw.mods.fml.common.eventhandler.ASMEventHandler.invoke(ASMEventHandler.java:54) ~[ASMEventHandler.class:?]
at cpw.mods.fml.common.eventhandler.EventBus.post(EventBus.java:138) ~[EventBus.class:?]
at net.minecraftforge.common.ForgeHooks.onLivingUpdate(ForgeHooks.java:287) ~[ForgeHooks.class:?]
at net.minecraft.entity.EntityLivingBase.func_70071_h_(EntityLivingBase.java:1560) ~[sv.class:?]
at net.minecraft.entity.player.EntityPlayer.func_70071_h_(EntityPlayer.java:288) ~[yz.class:?]
at net.minecraft.entity.player.EntityPlayerMP.func_71127_g(EntityPlayerMP.java:295) ~[mw.class:?]
... 10 more
[Server thread/INFO]: [player] lost connection: TextComponent{text='Internal server error', siblings=[], style=Style{hasParent=false, color=null, bold=null, italic=null, underlined=null, obfuscated=null, clickEvent=null, hoverEvent=null}}
[Server thread/INFO]: [player] left the game
This can be fixed as follows: Open config\SquidUtils\SquidUtils.cfg and change S:flySpeed=0.09 to S:flySpeed=0.05

Additional things to keep in mind when setting up a server for Obscurity:
  • Use the same version of forge and libraries as the forge version on the client from:
    http://files.minecraftforge.net/maven/net/minecraftforge/forge/index_1.7.10.html
  • Delete the following file from the server: scripts\NEI.zs
  • Delete the following Client-side mods from the server
    • CustomMainMenu-MC1.7.10-1.5.jar
    • Ding-MC1.7.10.jar
    • iChunUtil-4.2.2.jar
    • InventoryTweaks-1.59-dev-152.jar
    • journeymap-1.7.10-5.1.0rc3-unlimited.jar
    • LaunchGui-1.7.10-2.0-17-client.jar
    • Lockdown-universal-1.7.2-2.0.0.0.jar
    • MobAmputation-4.0.1.jar (requires iChunUtil)
    • neiaddons-1.12.9.32-mc1.7.10.jar
    • NEIIntegration-MC1.7.10-1.0.9.jar
    • NotEnoughItems-1.7.10-1.0.4.107-universal.jar
    • ResourceLoader-1.2.jar
    • Shut The F Up-1.7.10-1.0.0.jar
    • SoundFilters-0.8_for_1.7.X.jar
    • TiCTooltips-mc1.7.10-1.2.4.jar
    • Waila-1.5.10_1.7.10.jar
    • WailaHarvestability-mc1.7.x-1.1.2.jar
That bug I believe was fixed in 1.1.11 anyways. Also with the next version we are hoping to make the server version with it ;)

Chrissy

Jul 29, 2019
If your still having issues open a issue on the github tracker with some more info about it and we'll try and sort it ASAP ;)

I'm not sure how to write up the issue i'm experiencing, If you set up a reactor in one compact machine, Set it to export the steam out one face and bring in water and power, And then in a separate machine set up a turbine to input steam in one face and output water and power in others, the turbine and reactor will have trouble getting steam/power/RF to each other

Chrissy

Jul 29, 2019
Remember to consider speed restrictions of what ever pipes you are using and make sure it has enough water.

I made a copy of my world and then went creative to troubleshoot, it doesn't work correctly even with the optimal pipes, it works sporadically when going in and out of cubes

purgury

Jul 29, 2019
i am not completely sure, but i would think even though the compact machines are chunk loaded, but when you pop into one and then into another, it could cause a type of lag between the machines and not have an actual sync between the 2 area. thats the best i can explain it, hopefully someone else can explain it better, but that would be my best guess.

da2loo

Jul 29, 2019
That bug I believe was fixed in 1.1.11 anyways. Also with the next version we are hoping to make the server version with it ;)
Correction, this bug actually applies to 1.1.11. For some reason the Curse Voice Client still displays version 1.1.10 even though it's on 1.1.11.
So I've tested it with FTB Launcher before with version 1.1.11 and it's the same issue/fix.

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
So I've been poking through the scripts and trying stuff in creative as I tend to in packs and some of the changes don't seem to be working for me, specifically the thermal expansion and thaumcraft recipes aren't showing up in NEI or the minetweaker log. The log skips straight from melting magma cream in the smeltery to adding the tool tip for the bag.

SnowShock35

FTB Pack Developer
Feb 27, 2014
United Kingdom
snowshock35.com
zlRmgfX.png

Announcement!

Now a listed 3rd party modpack
Download the pack from the FTB Launcher or CurseVoice Client
For all the changelogs click here: Changelog
Report any found issues here: Issue Tracker

Hey everyone, another announcement for y'all. So as a reward to winning Jampacked II, our pack has now been listed on the 3rd party packs tab on the Feed the Beast launcher.
Since this is now the case I would also like to mention that the 1.2.0_Beta update should be out within the next week or so. I can't be certain as I will be away attending Minecon this weekend but we'll just have to wait and see.
Anyways enjoy the newly listed pack some more and don't forget to report any bugs you find. -Snow ;)

SnowShock35

FTB Pack Developer
Feb 27, 2014
United Kingdom
snowshock35.com
So I've been poking through the scripts and trying stuff in creative as I tend to in packs and some of the changes don't seem to be working for me, specifically the thermal expansion and thaumcraft recipes aren't showing up in NEI or the minetweaker log. The log skips straight from melting magma cream in the smeltery to adding the tool tip for the bag.
Blame MineTweaker... it's a bit derpy. Might end up using a mod to add these recipes due to their problems ;)