[1.7.10 | Unlisted] Obscurity - Jampacked 2 Winner

Himea

Jul 29, 2019
I downloaded the server pack to test and see if I could host it on my box, but the server spawn behaves differently from single-player... makes it almost unplayable. In the single-player a spawn is constructed and I start on top of a tower with lighting and some protection against mobs and darkness. On the server I'm spawned underground upon my first time logging in and forced to suffocate to death, and then spawn again high up in the air and fall to where I originally suffocated. The area has no lighting or protection, and I must quickly collect my dropped items on the ground before running away from the horde of mobs now intent on ending me. It's difficult to grab my bearings and not possible to take a moment to even read up on the quest book or even make a shelter.

I've reproduced this same exact problem about five times, and I can't figure out why it's not constructing spawn the same as the single-player world.

Reactions: SnowShock35

AKTheKnight

Forum Moderator
Team Member
Forum Moderator
Jul 29, 2019
I downloaded the server pack to test and see if I could host it on my box, but the server spawn behaves differently from single-player... makes it almost unplayable. In the single-player a spawn is constructed and I start on top of a tower with lighting and some protection against mobs and darkness. On the server I'm spawned underground upon my first time logging in and forced to suffocate to death, and then spawn again high up in the air and fall to where I originally suffocated. The area has no lighting or protection, and I must quickly collect my dropped items on the ground before running away from the horde of mobs now intent on ending me. It's difficult to grab my bearings and not possible to take a moment to even read up on the quest book or even make a shelter.

I've reproduced this same exact problem about five times, and I can't figure out why it's not constructing spawn the same as the single-player world.

I will pass this onto snow and see what we can do. Have you tried putting a world from singleplayer in place of the multiplayer world to see what happens?

AKTheKnight

Forum Moderator
Team Member
Forum Moderator
Jul 29, 2019
Will spawners work inside compact machines? Specifically, is there an easy way to get those blazes to start spawning?

Spawners will work in compact machines so that is probably your best bet

How do you guys manage your lava supply? I only found 3 sourcblocks yet and spent hours looking. I feel like I'm missing something.

Using the minimap to see it, or by making it in a magma crucible

Himea

Jul 29, 2019
I will pass this onto snow and see what we can do. Have you tried putting a world from singleplayer in place of the multiplayer world to see what happens?

I copied over a single player world and it did work, the spawn functions correctly when copied over from a single-player world.

AKTheKnight

Forum Moderator
Team Member
Forum Moderator
Jul 29, 2019
I copied over a single player world and it did work, the spawn functions correctly when copied over from a single-player world.

Okay thanks for letting us know. I will check on the differences and get this fixed

egor66

Jul 29, 2019
I think the ink sack quest need 64, the chest only had 10 I think. I guess no mobs will spawn inside a cube, so we have to make a water farm in the dark then?
Dye a sheep black & grind/pulv the black wool is one way, plus a pool in the deep dark does not have to be in the dark (jack-O-lantern) or pool inside one of the larger machines, other ways I can think of but harder to explain so..

Last edited:

AKTheKnight

Forum Moderator
Team Member
Forum Moderator
Jul 29, 2019

Snow: should be fixed for 1.1.12, if not well you'll get a working one with new map version ;)

egor66

Jul 29, 2019
i don't know why but my magma crucible quest is bugging i already craft 2 of them,but it doesn't get complete

If a quest is bugged & you are unable to pass it & get to next in chain, use /hqm edit, the when passed the offending quest delete the book.

SnowShock35

FTB Pack Developer
Feb 27, 2014
United Kingdom
snowshock35.com
zlRmgfX.png

Announcement!

Version 1.1.12 is Out!
Download the pack from the FTB Launcher or CurseVoice Client Shortly
For all the changelogs click here: Changelog
Report any found issues here: Issue Tracker

Latest Client Download:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/w9ohq1lzl6j2k5t/Obscurity-1.7.10-1.1.12_Beta.zip?dl=0
Latest Server Download:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/aykktv9r02izyjl/Obscurity-1.7.10-1.1.12_Beta - Server.zip?dl=0

Hi all, Another minor update containing fixes and updates. Wanted to do this just before I headed out to Minecon 2015. So enjoy the update and make sure to report any found problems on the Issue tracker above. Enjoy -Snow ;)

darkeshrine

Jul 29, 2019
So, I've hit the point in the questline where I need glowstone for a decent amount of quests. How does one obtain that Mini Portal needed to craft the nether materials? Do I need to go down the fetch quest line of things? I'm really, really hesitant on running the thousand blocks to complete the Sahara quest.

Pip69

Jul 29, 2019
I think it's the ice line to get the Mini Portal, so it's several thousand blocks to get there.

bring a drum

Oddin

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, I'm stuck on a quest. It's the activate the Division Sigil. I have everything setup but it says the altar can't see the moon. I tried it in the cubes and get the same thing. Any suggestions?