[1.7.10 | Unlisted] Obscurity - Jampacked 2 Winner

Avimore

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, so I just got attacked by a spider with 524288 health! Now most all of the other spiders have seen pretty normal, but this one is going to take some work to get rid of! I did just upgrade to the new pack that came out today if that helps and I have a picture if you need verification, but I think there this one may be just a bit too much and so I am hoping it is not intentional. The dang thing is camping my base, so it is going to be fun to try and get rid of it! 2000 health down only 522168 to go.

Reactions: SnowShock35

darkeshrine

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, so I just got attacked by a spider with 524288 health! Now most all of the other spiders have seen pretty normal, but this one is going to take some work to get rid of! I did just upgrade to the new pack that came out today if that helps and I have a picture if you need verification, but I think there this one may be just a bit too much and so I am hoping it is not intentional. The dang thing is camping my base, so it is going to be fun to try and get rid of it! 2000 health down only 522168 to go.
I see two options:
1. Lure into one of those holes to the void.
2. Trap it and grind your tinkers weapons forever.

Avimore

Jul 29, 2019
Yup, trying to grind my weapon while keeping him in a pool of lava. Tough to trap him though. Lure to the void sounds good. I may try that.

Oddin

Jul 29, 2019
I really don't like how the darkness damages you even when you are flying. It makes travel very very slow an annoying.
That's sort of the point of the pack though. You need light or else you die. If you can make it through Thaumcraft, there's the hyperenergetic nitor that will allow you to move freely without light.

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, I'm stuck on a quest. It's the activate the Division Sigil. I have everything setup but it says the altar can't see the moon. I tried it in the cubes and get the same thing. Any suggestions?

You could try cheating yourself to the overworld. Just make sure you have a way back.
The TU portal to the end of time will send you back to the overworld rather than back to the Deep dark.

thePerson

Jul 29, 2019
Whenever I click launch it says: Unhandled exception in Thread[AWT-EventQueue-0,6,main]: java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: " "

darkeshrine

Jul 29, 2019
On the first quest in the Industrial something quest section, where you need to craft the different TE machines, the Induction smelter is listed twice? Is this intentional? I crafted one but only one of the two were completed. Do I really need to craft another?

Delerium

Jul 29, 2019
That's sort of the point of the pack though. You need light or else you die. If you can make it through Thaumcraft, there's the hyperenergetic nitor that will allow you to move freely without light.
"needing light" is fine, when you are on the ground. "needing light" while you are flying in the air is silly since it's not possible to just "place a torch" in mid-air. Not to mention the damage ticks can interrupt gliding, making you fall to your death.

Also, what exactly is killing you anyway? If you eat carrots you get night vision and can see everything perfectly, yet the "darkness" still makes you take damage. I get the premise, but the implementation doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

SnowShock35

FTB Pack Developer
Feb 27, 2014
United Kingdom
snowshock35.com
This is an unknown bug. We are still looking into. If you get one my best suggestion for now is to set the difficulty to peaceful then back to what you had it as.

SnowShock35

FTB Pack Developer
Feb 27, 2014
United Kingdom
snowshock35.com
"needing light" is fine, when you are on the ground. "needing light" while you are flying in the air is silly since it's not possible to just "place a torch" in mid-air. Not to mention the damage ticks can interrupt gliding, making you fall to your death.

Also, what exactly is killing you anyway? If you eat carrots you get night vision and can see everything perfectly, yet the "darkness" still makes you take damage. I get the premise, but the implementation doesn't make a whole lot of sense.
This is intended. Still gives a feeling of risk even if u can fly around. For lighting while flying you can use the Hyper energetic nitor which is easy enough to research and craft. And finally the idea behind the darkness hurting you is a enemy from doctor who known as the Vashta Nerada which you can feel free to look up but the idea is that darkness/shadows will kill you. As for the night vission that's because it's an effect not actual light again use hyper energetic nitor. ;)

Reactions: Delerium