[1.7.10 | Unlisted] Obscurity - Jampacked 2 Winner

a490920

Jul 29, 2019
So, I've hit the point in the questline where I need glowstone for a decent amount of quests. How does one obtain that Mini Portal needed to craft the nether materials? Do I need to go down the fetch quest line of things? I'm really, really hesitant on running the thousand blocks to complete the Sahara quest.

i got 2 mini protal from the hell cube,try digging around the hell cube,should be some chest hidden around.

2ToTheCubithPower

Jul 29, 2019
As far as ludicrate goes, my NEI only seems to show recipies that require other permutaions to craft it. Ludicrate ingots are all made from smelted ludicrate dust, the dust is made from ground ingots, and the ludicrate block requires ludicrate ingots.

Reactions: SnowShock35

sedilis

Jul 29, 2019
Under Base Defense chapter - Turret Configuration quest; the item you are asked to craft (turret target configuration device) shows up as 'Unknown' in the quest book and is not in the NEI. Is this quest bugged or am I missing something?

a490920

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any way to travel safely for other cubes (I got Ice and market only so far) not involving long tunnels with tons of torches? I thought glider would be cool but you take damage because of darkness. I also thought about rushing hyperenergetic nitor but need ink for that and no squids spawning in my 3x3x2 pool and not really sure where I gonna get enough vis and glowstone for that.

use gilder to travel,then stop at the middle of the pillar with a redstone torch every short while.that is how i travel.redstone torch only have 1 block of light effectiveness,so u need to be at the redstone torch to be counted as at a lighted place.

SnowShock35

FTB Pack Developer
Feb 27, 2014
United Kingdom
snowshock35.com
As far as ludicrate goes, my NEI only seems to show recipies that require other permutaions to craft it. Ludicrate ingots are all made from smelted ludicrate dust, the dust is made from ground ingots, and the ludicrate block requires ludicrate ingots.
Ludicrite (The Ingot) is made in a fluid transposer with an enderium ingot and molten mana. molten mana is gained from using mana dust in the magma crucible and mana dust has a recipe in nei.

jetflight

Jul 29, 2019
Having also the problem with the lava quests. I guess i have to wait for the next patch but someone said they can skip this quest? how can i skip the quest and see whats next=?

SnowShock35

FTB Pack Developer
Feb 27, 2014
United Kingdom
snowshock35.com
Having also the problem with the lava quests. I guess i have to wait for the next patch but someone said they can skip this quest? how can i skip the quest and see whats next=?
So that quest should be fixed in the next version and it'll be fully out hopefully in a few hours however, it's already available on CurseVoice Client ;) As for completing a quest just type /hqm edit in chat then open the book and go to that quest and follow the book instructions in the bottom right. there is some text there telling you how to complete/reset quests. once you've done that throw away the enchanted op book and carry on ;)

Reactions: Sombra_

AKTheKnight

Forum Moderator
Team Member
Forum Moderator
Jul 29, 2019
Under Base Defense chapter - Turret Configuration quest; the item you are asked to craft (turret target configuration device) shows up as 'Unknown' in the quest book and is not in the NEI. Is this quest bugged or am I missing something?

This is a known issue due to an updated mod causing item id changes. Fixed in next version

SnowShock35

FTB Pack Developer
Feb 27, 2014
United Kingdom
snowshock35.com
zlRmgfX.png

Announcement!

<=========================>
Version 1.1.13 is Out!
Download the pack from the FTB Launcher or CurseVoice Client Shortly
For all the changelogs click here: Changelog
Report any found issues here: Issue Tracker

Latest Client Download:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/j96p1h53l7jlmpk/Obscurity-1.7.10-1.1.13_Beta.zip?dl=0
Latest Server Download:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/m816z4whcbmxanv/Obscurity-1.7.10-1.1.13_Beta - Server.zip?dl=0

A new version is finally here!!! Lots of bug fixes for all to enjoy. CurseVoice version is up and FTB one will be later up later on today. Enjoy -Snow ;)

Edit: The FTB launcher version is also now available.

Last edited:

da2loo

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah sorry about this, the whole thaumcraft quest line is a little bugged still. 1.2.0 and on wards will fix this when it's out for now I recommended either avoiding it or spawning it, again sorry.
It seems this is actually a general bug with Thaumic Tinkerer when playing in wuss mode. The research in the Eldritch tab is not required to unlock KAMI but the Sanitizing Soap & Arcane Spa are in the Alchemy tab and can only be unlocked by gaining warp. I used the following command to unlock the requisites for researching those: /tc research playername BATHSALTS

EDIT: The Wand Focus: Primal which is in the Eldritch tab needs to be unlocked as well for crafting the Leggings of the Burning Mantle: /tc research playername FOCUSPRIMAL

Last edited:

goth_child67

Jul 29, 2019
It seems this is actually a general bug with Thaumic Tinkerer when playing in wuss mode. The research in the Eldritch tab is not required to unlock KAMI but the Sanitizing Soap & Arcane Spa are in the Alchemy tab and can only be unlocked by gaining warp. I used the following command to unlock the requisites for researching those: /tc research playername BATHSALTS

EDIT: The Wand Focus: Primal which is in the Eldritch tab needs to be unlocked as well for crafting the Leggings of the Burning Mantle: /tc research playername FOCUSPRIMAL
Wuss mode is boring in thaumcraft. You lose out on a few positive things like free primal aspects every now and then as well.

a490920

Jul 29, 2019
is the thaumcraft research of this pack set to easy by default??cause i can only buy research instead of getting research note.buying the research used more aspect which is rare in this pack.

goth_child67

Jul 29, 2019
is the thaumcraft research of this pack set to easy by default??cause i can only buy research instead of getting research note.buying the research used more aspect which is rare in this pack.
Deconstruction table OP. But really though you can get everything you normally could research wise that you normally could. Just craft what you need and scan like normal.

goth_child67

Jul 29, 2019
Ok so with the new update just found something that scared the crap out of me. Thermal expansion added a new mob the basalz. Not entirely sure what the rod it drops is used for yet but it scared the crap out of me lol. Dug into one of the holes around the void pit you start out in and it was staring me in the face looking like a grey blaze.