[1.7.10] Ultimate Questpack [WIP][800+ Quests][HQM][OpenWorld]

What mod would you like me to create quests for?

• Total voters

luis2431

Jul 29, 2019
Ic2 and other tech mods are a lot more than just crafting, and they need as many quests as magic mods, but I agree that it isn't necessary to have quests for many similar tech mods. The reason I focused on IC2 for this update is because I know the mod and it clearly had the most votes. I have neither ever played with Witchery or Ars Magica, so I need to look into them (which take some extra time). I Will try maybe start on Witchery for next update, but I want to finish more quests in the 21 questlines that already exist, instead of making new ones (atm). I am not good at finishing project, but I will try. Like Botania and Bloodmagic is not close to done. Only some of the core quests are in place. Thaumcraft is a bit more fleshed out, because I just love the mod :D I also have some other questlines "complete", but for example the quests for pam's is really just a mess and not fun to do. I try do some new quests for random questlines every update, but I also need some inspiration from you! I have never got any specific items requested for quests. That was what I was hoping to get when I published the pack and I tried to make that clear at the front page. I get so much more motivation when I know you want me to create quests and guides for specific items, instead of me just guessing.

:p Keep the hard work!
And a last thing, if we update the pack, do we lose mods configs or it deletes something? (Because in other packs FTB just delete everything except saves)

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
Thaumcraft is easily the coolest mod I have played with! Try it ;) There are other ways to fly too. For example IC2 jetpacks.

I've been playing with thaumcraft since 1.25 but 3 and subsequently 4 have made me hate the mod. With a fiery passion. It's nothing but a nuisance for me these days :l

Oh I know. That I'm not worried with as I tend to modify packs to my liking anyway :p

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
I try do some new quests for random questlines every update, but I also need some inspiration from you! I have never got any specific items requested for quests. That was what I was hoping to get when I published the pack and I tried to make that clear at the front page. I get so much more motivation when I know you want me to create quests and guides for specific items, instead of me just guessing.

If/when you do some logistics pipes quests(I'm not even sure if there are any atm) it'd be great if one of the first things you get to is the logistics request table so people know that you can handle logistics pipes in a central location akin to AE while still maintaining storage. Following that would be the interaction between AE and LP(if it still works like it did in AE1, anyway).

Fuuzect

Jul 29, 2019
If/when you do some logistics pipes quests(I'm not even sure if there are any atm) it'd be great if one of the first things you get to is the logistics request table so people know that you can handle logistics pipes in a central location akin to AE while still maintaining storage. Following that would be the interaction between AE and LP(if it still works like it did in AE1, anyway).

I tried create some logistics pipes quests and used some time on writing descriptions, but when I logged out and logged in again, my world crashed. For some reason logistics pipes quests crash your world when you try to log into it. I was so sad when I learned that, because I love logistics pipes and I think it is a great mod that should have quests. Hope there will be a fix in the future, but until then I can't do anything about it :/

Fuuzect

Jul 29, 2019
And a last thing, if we update the pack, do we lose mods configs or it deletes something? (Because in other packs FTB just delete everything except saves)

Configs and mods is the only thing that get downloaded again and overwritten when you update. So everything else like your minecraft configs will be saved.

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
I tried create some logistics pipes quests and used some time on writing descriptions, but when I logged out and logged in again, my world crashed. For some reason logistics pipes quests crash your world when you try to log into it. I was so sad when I learned that, because I love logistics pipes and I think it is a great mod that should have quests. Hope there will be a fix in the future, but until then I can't do anything about it :/

I cri evrtim.

Seriously that blows though. I wonder if the issue has already been brought to both mod's devs? If it hasn't I think I might just have to :)

Fuuzect

Jul 29, 2019
New update 1.1.2 submitted! Changelog:
-Artwork for the launcher and the questbook. All credit to TreeCubed!
-Added Thermal Dynamics
-Added Iguana Tweaks
-Added Industrialisation questline
-Added more rewards. Mostly rewards from IC2
-Updated buildcraft to 6.4.3, logisticpipes 1.0.8, Botania 170, IC2 691, CoFHCore 3.0.0RC7-211, Thermal Foundation 1.0.0RC7-62, Thermal Expansion 4.0.0RC7-141, Project Red 4.5.14.66, Minefactory Reloaded 2.8.0RC8-86, Forge Multipart 1.1.1.323, Tinkers Construct 1.8.3a,
-More descriptions
-Tweaked quest location and quest rewards + added some more random quests.
-Iron are more a bit more likely to be found in bigger clusters

reaper45693

Jul 29, 2019
Just letting you know that getting the pack via creeperhost for my server, gave me more up to date mods than the latest version of the pack on the FTB launcher. Like a large amount of mods are mismatched in versions (e.g. AgriCraft on server is v1.3.1 but in FTB pack its only v1.2.2).

Fuuzect

Jul 29, 2019
Just letting you know that getting the pack via creeperhost for my server, gave me more up to date mods than the latest version of the pack on the FTB launcher. Like a large amount of mods are mismatched in versions (e.g. AgriCraft on server is v1.3.1 but in FTB pack its only v1.2.2).

I am trying to update mods when I see it, but I can't update every single one every new update. If you want some mods to be updated, please tell me and I will update them for the next update. If not, I am not going to search around to see if every mod is up to date. Hope you understand!