[1.7.10] Ultimate Questpack [WIP][800+ Quests][HQM][OpenWorld]

What mod would you like me to create quests for?

• Total voters

theMineMaster2

Jul 29, 2019
I got the pack working fine with MultiMC, but sadly since my computer sucks I'm not able to run it well enough for me to consider it "playable." Basically chunks stop loading the right way if I set my viewrange to 2 chunks, but at 3 chunks I get enough lag that it impedes gameplay. I'm considering finding a way to boost performance even more than simply using the worst settings possible though.

theMineMaster2

Jul 29, 2019
Fastcraft will fix that for you:
http://forum.industrial-craft.net/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=10820
Just download the jar, throw it in your mods folder, and enjoy 1.6.4-like performance!
Even back in 1.6.4 I still had lag problems. Stuff lagged pretty badly sometimes in 1.5.2 as well in packs like FTB Ultimate. Besides, I've used Fastcraft before and it never seemed to do anything for me, but I suppose there's no harm slapping it in everything I have for the hope of (slightly) boosted FPS.

Mogymog

Jul 29, 2019
Love this modpack so far, just what I was looking for. Normal playing, but with tons of objectives. Though do have 1 problem, in case it hasn't been noted, or informed. The bamboo and the oat seeds have the same mutation parenting. Corn+Rice. Makes it a little hard to get them. I can get the oats just fine, but the bamboo, not so much.

Fuuzect

Jul 29, 2019
Love this modpack so far, just what I was looking for. Normal playing, but with tons of objectives. Though do have 1 problem, in case it hasn't been noted, or informed. The bamboo and the oat seeds have the same mutation parenting. Corn+Rice. Makes it a little hard to get them. I can get the oats just fine, but the bamboo, not so much.

I can change the mutation if it is impossible to get bamboo. Have you tried many times?

Mogymog

Jul 29, 2019
not many many no. I think I just tried my fourth or fifth time doing it. All results where oats... I can try up to a dozen times and see, could just be a really bad %.

ook yeah, it's just a really odd % of getting it. I just tried once more and got a bamboo shoot.

Sparklepire

Jul 29, 2019
I tried to download your pack and I got this error code...
Loading modpack information for Ultimatequestpack.xml...
From Console: [Fatal Error] :1:1: Premature end of file.
Exception reading modpack file: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException; lineNumber: 1; columnNumber: 1; Premature end of file.

is there anyway to fix this...??

luis2431

Jul 29, 2019
Some people say that this pack are the parents (Like Santa Claus heuheue spanish joke)....

Others are angry...

Mogymog

Jul 29, 2019
While I'm thinking about it, I do have one small complaint about the pack fuuz. The reward bags, I don't know if it's just bad lucck or what. But the better the bag, the worse the loot is for me. Like a GREATER bag will give me crap like ferns or tree saplings, while a GOOD bag will give me actually really good things like ores and machine parts and the like. I mean, I have no idea how the reward bag system works,s so I don't know if thats just stupid dumb luck, or part of an assigned thing, but it just seems really odd to me.

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
While I'm thinking about it, I do have one small complaint about the pack fuuz. The reward bags, I don't know if it's just bad lucck or what. But the better the bag, the worse the loot is for me. Like a GREATER bag will give me crap like ferns or tree saplings, while a GOOD bag will give me actually really good things like ores and machine parts and the like. I mean, I have no idea how the reward bag system works,s so I don't know if thats just stupid dumb luck, or part of an assigned thing, but it just seems really odd to me.

RNGod does not reside with you.

The bags draw from reward tables based on tier. The higher the tier the better rewards they can grab from but are still able to grab from crap tier at albeit lower rates. Ironically you're "lucky" that your lesser bags are grabbing better rewards with a lower weighted chance you're just also unlucky that your better bags are grabbing worse rewards with a lower weighted chance as well.

Weapon_X23

Jul 29, 2019
I don't mind having to use MultiMC but I forget that I have to us MultiMC until FTB gets the pack back up. They should have done something about it by now! Maybe now that PAX is over, they can start working on it.

Reactions: SarahinAB

bremmon

Jul 29, 2019
I had seen in a post somewhere that the 3rd party team was still at the office and didn't go to PAX. My son is not a happy camper right now considering it has been way too long since this has disappeared.

Putzaroo

Jul 29, 2019
I have really no idea... I was really hoping the pack to be out in the weekend, but it didn't happen :/ I haven't got any indication that anyone even have read my message. Too bad they can't answer even though I understand they don't have enough time to upload every pack instantly.

I believe most of the TPP people were at PAX this weekend, therefore unable to work on updating packs.

Fuuzect

Jul 29, 2019
I had seen in a post somewhere that the 3rd party team was still at the office and didn't go to PAX. My son is not a happy camper right now considering it has been way too long since this has disappeared.

I am sorry, but I can't do more.