[1.7.10] Ultimate Questpack [WIP][800+ Quests][HQM][OpenWorld]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

What mod would you like me to create quests for?

• Total voters

Zelahni

Jul 29, 2019
I hope the FTB-team hurry up with fixing this! Can't wait to get in and play since it's been updated. :) I <3 this modpack!

Mystical Chill

Jul 29, 2019
Ya, this is pretty upsetting. I have been searching for a mod pack like this forever and yesterday/today I am off work and I was going to hardcore get started and I can't. FTB-team needs to get this uploaded, like yesterday lol.

BrokenHalo

Jul 29, 2019
I have been working for a while now on quests using the HQM mod, for myself and friends to play with. I have decided to share them, because I want some more opinions and suggestions. This started as just mods from the Direwolf20 pack, but has now evolved to my own questpack. My goal with this pack is to cover most of the items from a lot of the great mods out there, and make a reason to create all those items. I also want to make it as stable as possible and therefore I would like to know if any of the rewards are too "op". This quest pack is fitting for people who are new to mods and don't know what to do, or old veterans with the same problem (like myself).

At the time I'm just creating quests for mods I like and as I progress in my own singleplayer, I make more quests. If there is something you want me to add or you have completed a lot of the quests from a quest line or even if there is no quests created for the mod you like, tell me. Also tell me if there is a mod you would like to have added. If there is anything you don't understand how to use or craft or you have any other kind of problem, send me a message or write it here and I will write a guide. This is so that noone has to go to the wiki all the time. Last I will just point out that I go to high school in Norway, so if there are any writing mistakes in the quests I would very much like you to point them out for me so I can fix them. I always read over what I have written, but it is easy to overlook something with the amount of quests in this pack.

Here is what the pack contains
- Over 700 quests
- 19 different questlines
- Reputation system for fighting
- Tinkers Construct
- Magic quests for Thaumcraft (and addons), Botania and Blood Magic
- Power quests for EnderIO, Thermal Expansion and Big Reactors
- Food quests using Pams Harvestcraft and Agricraft
- A few bee quest + Genetics
- Storage using JABBA and AE2
- Transportation using Railcraft and Steves Cart
- Explore quests for Twilight Forest
- Some decoration quests with Bibliocraft and Carpenters blocks
- Grinding quests for lategame
- The End quests. Master quests for when you have completed different questlines
- Tons of different bag rewards.

The FTB guys have done something wrong and my pack is currently not at the launcher. If you still want to play with it, here is a download for the mods and configs: https://www.dropbox.com/s/a4qbivpn5edq7uu/Ultimate Questpack by Fuuzect.zip?dl=0
I recommend using MultiMC, because it is an easy way to download mods. Forge version: 10.13.2.1307

Pack Code: The code for the pack is in a small document that I have attached to this post. This is just to know how many of you that have tried the pack, because now that it is on the launcher, I have no other way to tell. Appreciate it if you don't spread the code. It takes no more than 5 extra seconds of your life.

Remember to put world type to "biomes o plenty" before creating a new world.

-Agricraft
-AE2
-ArchimedesShips
-Bibliocraft, Bibliowoods
-Big Reactors
-Binnies mods
-BiomesOplenty
-Blood Magic
-Botania
-Buildcraft, Logisticspipes
-Carpenter's Blocks
-Chicken Chunks
-Chisel
-ComputerCraft
-Denseores
-EnderIO
-Enderstorage
-Enderzoo
-Extrautilities
-Factorization
-FlatSigns
-Forestry
-Funky Locomotion
-Hats, Hatstand
-Hardcore Questing Mod
-Hunger Overhaul
-IC2, AdvancedSolars, CompactSolars
-Infibows
-InventoryTweaks
-Ironchest
-JABBA
-Journeymap
-Magicbees
-MineFactoryReloaded
-Natura
-Obsidiplates
-Openblocks
-Pam's Harvestcraft
-PneumaticCraft
-ProjectRed
-Railcraft
-Redstone Arsenal
-SpiceOfLife
-StevesCarts2, StevesFactoryManager
-Tinker's Construct, Tinker's Mechworks
-Thaumcraft, ThaumicEnergistics, ThaumicExploration, ThaumicTinkerer
-ThermalExpansion
-ThermalFoundation
-Translocators
-TwilightForest
-Waila
-Witchery
-Wireless Redstone

-Added Ars Magica 2
-updated: AE2, Thaumcraft, Thaumic Exploration, Thaumic Tinkerer, Thaumic Energistics, Big reactors, Binnie mods, biomes o plenty, botania, carpenters blocks, chisel, computercraft, enderio, enderzoo, logistic pipes, Factorization, Buildcraft, Tinkers construct, tinkers mechworks, waila, NEI.
-More Twilight Forest quests.
-More rewards.
-No longer possible to trade pams food with villagers nor find it in chests.
-More descriptions and guides for early quests.
-Turned off Angel Wings. There are a lot of methods to fly, and so easy creative flight seems a bit too op.
-Added fast leaf decay and In-Game-Wiki Mod
-Added a few guides on how to create liquids in Genetics.
-Added questline An Unexpected Journey which features the Twilight Forest.
-Updated Twilight Forest
-Gardens can't spawn anymore (your time to shine Agricraft)
-Added a few easter eggs in the quests, some more obvious than others. Can you find them all?
-Added Logisticspipes
-Added ArchimedesShips
-Added AdvancedSolars
-Removed IC2 nuclear control
-Removed powersuits
-Removed numina
-Removed morph
-Removed open peripheral
-Removed mystcraft
-Updated some mods
-Few tweaks to quests
-More bee quests
-Genetics quests
-Added and tweaked other quests
-New questline: Magic Flowers (botania plants)
-Some pams food quests
-Tweaking and adding random quests (mostly thaumcraft and botania) + a few new rewards.
-Pams Harvestcraft trees are alot more rare
-Food Historie is set to 250. you can eat one food 5 times before neutrition value start to decrease. It decreases like this: 100%*5, 80%, 60%, 40%, 20%, 0%. This is just for testing and will be changed if it is too much/little. It is supposed to create your diet alot more varied and to force you to craft most of the items in Pams Harvestcraft.
-finished the agriculture questline, now 69 quests there in total.
-Added Hunger Overhaul, Spice of Life and Agricraft
-Removed Wee Flowers and Get All Seeds
-Quests for agricraft with detailed instructions
-Changed Agriculture questline completly and added Farmer questline
-No longer possible to get any seeds from grass
-Several nerfs and buffs to rewards

I cant show the quests, cause they are mostly hidden, but I can give you a little teaser.

updating mods
Do you have any idea when or if FTB will have this questpack back on there server? I've been enjoying it a great deal and was horrified when it disappeared after updating my FTB launcher. I've tried your suggestion of using MultiMC but is will not accept my minecraft login information.

Oh, and THANK YOU for creating such a fantastic questpack. I've been a modded Minecraft addict for some times now but have only recently discovered the questpacks. Love them!! But yours stands among very few at the top of the pile. Great Job! Kudos to you!

Reactions: Fuuzect and Mlukvai

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
I'm slowly starting to hate FTB moderators :mad::mad::mad:
Thanks.

There was an issue with the repo that we use (even the official DW20 pack was effected). Just ask the team to push the update again, and you should be fine. Obviously, there are far more packs than we are able to handle, which is why we are accepting applications: http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/3rd-party-team-applications-open.68867/

Just give us some time to get caught up, and everything should be fine.

ic3chill

Jul 29, 2019
hello: i keep on getting this when i load the pack on MultiMC:

[01:56:32] [Client thread/ERROR] [redgear_brewcraft]: Skipping event FMLPreInitializationEvent and marking errored mod redgear_brewcraft since required dependency redgear_core has errored

[01:56:34] [Client thread/ERROR] [BuildCraft|Silicon]: Skipping event FMLPreInitializationEvent and marking errored mod BuildCraft|Silicon since required dependency BuildCraft|Transport has errored

Edit: Fixed it, PermGem was set at 60 changed it to 256

Last edited:

Hanyoushiro

Jul 29, 2019
ok i get this error when trying MultiMC im using Java8 if that is the problem i dont know srry but i make an instance star it then add latest forge start it then add mods in the mods folder then configs in their folder and when i star it it crashes with this
A fatal error has been detected by the Java Runtime Environment:
#
# EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION (0xc0000005) at pc=0x4b80285a, pid=1184, tid=1516
#
# JRE version: Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (8.0_25-b18) (build 1.8.0_25-b18)
# Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (25.25-b02 mixed mode windows-x86 )
# Problematic frame:
# C [atioglxx.dll+0x80285a]
Can anyone help me get this running?

gamesetonline

Jul 29, 2019
ok i get this error when trying MultiMC im using Java8 if that is the problem i dont know srry but i make an instance star it then add latest forge start it then add mods in the mods folder then configs in their folder and when i star it it crashes with this
A fatal error has been detected by the Java Runtime Environment:
#
# EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION (0xc0000005) at pc=0x4b80285a, pid=1184, tid=1516
#
# JRE version: Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (8.0_25-b18) (build 1.8.0_25-b18)
# Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (25.25-b02 mixed mode windows-x86 )
# Problematic frame:
# C [atioglxx.dll+0x80285a]
Can anyone help me get this running?

You have outdated Java anyways, newest version is 1.8.0.40. I would recommend downloading newest version first, then make sure MultiMc uses that version of Java (Istance settings > Java installation > select correct version or find the javaw.exe in the correct folder).

I am no minecraft-java expert, but from the error it gives, it looks like java problem than mods. Someone may be able to help more.

JackTheChan

Jul 29, 2019
for some reason when i try to allocate 2 or more gigabytes of data to multiMC i get this error =

Error occurred during initialization of VM
Could not reserve enough space for object heap

yet i have 8 gigabytes of ram, and it's available for use.
if i run it with under 2, it crashes and comes up with =
java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Registering texture

any solution? I can also post the crash log if anyone wants it.

magicreal

Jul 29, 2019
for some reason when i try to allocate 2 or more gigabytes of data to multiMC i get this error =

Error occurred during initialization of VM
Could not reserve enough space for object heap

yet i have 8 gigabytes of ram, and it's available for use.
if i run it with under 2, it crashes and comes up with =
java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Registering texture

any solution? I can also post the crash log if anyone wants it.

maybe you use java32 bit? if yes use java 64bit

JackTheChan

Jul 29, 2019
Well, there is no crash log when i try to start it up with over 2 gigabytes, but I've attached the one that comes up when i start with under 2 gigabytes. From what i can guess I just think the pack needs more ram allocated to it, so the problem is more that I can't allocate any more. I also just made sure my Java was updated, so that's not the problem.

EDIT: Solved! I updated my Java to 64bit. thanks magicreal!

Attachments

• crash-2015-03-06_10.53.30-client.txt
    24.6 KB · Views: 99
Last edited: