[1.7.10] Ultimate Questpack [WIP][800+ Quests][HQM][OpenWorld]

What mod would you like me to create quests for?

• Total voters

Fatmanboozer

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for updating ThWolf, can you please see if you can add baubles at some point? It would really enhance thaumcraft and botania

ThWolf

Jul 29, 2019
I have some mods in mind, but needs testing to see how well it works. Baubles is getting in in the next update for sure.

Fatmanboozer

Jul 29, 2019
Brilliant ThWolf and many thanks. It would be good not to bloat it out too much as it runs pretty well on our server and clients but there are definitely some key mods missing. Good luck with the testing

Rempty

Jul 29, 2019
I updated tinker construct and the "java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Cannot create a fluidstack from a null fluid at" is fixed

falcnor

Jul 29, 2019
Good afternoon!

First off, love the pack. It's perfect for my little crew of friends who know nothing of Minecraft to learn. One question, I'm a texturepack fan, and have tried compiling textures together for this pack. I have not seen a good combined set of Sphax textures for this modpack specifically. Can anyone help point me in the right direction of a resource pack that works and carries most of the mods in this pack?
Appreciate any help!
-falcnor

Falchonbria

Jul 29, 2019
Hiya guys!
First of all i would like to say that i'm loving this pack! I have started making a video series of this modpack in youtube, and if you would care to watch me in my adventures i would like to invite you to my youtube channel!
I am a very new youtuber, and some of my early videos have lower video quality due to a messed up setting on my recorder, but my videos have gotten better since then!
but i have been uploading these videos for nearly a month now and i have uploaded almost a video a day.
I would also love any feedback and suggestions you have!
So if your interested, i will paste the link to my Ultimate Quest Pack playlist under this message! Or you could just look me up on youtube under the name "Falchonbria".
Thanks everybody!
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL_dxD0zJhVRjpt9Ka3iBurxd9m9AvKbH2

McMoo

Jul 29, 2019
Hi Everyone,

I'm really enjoy this pack. Until today. We are running version 1.2.1 on a server, and today my friend put down an ender storage tank, and I don't know how to fix it. The best fix would be to update to 1.2.22 but, I've tried, I've searched, and been unsuccessful in finding a way to update forge to ther version used on 1.2.22.

The FTB launcher doesn't give me a download server option, so I'm a little bit stuck on how to update.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks
McMoo

McMoo

Jul 29, 2019
What happend to the server files, from what i remember i could download them stright from the launcher in the past.
I can see where I should be able to dl them on the launcher, but it's greyed out.

Not sure why, might be something I'm missing. They are there for other packs.

Edit : I've got it working by using MCEdit and deleting the ender storage tank, but we really want to use ender stoarge tanks.

killerjwb86

Jul 29, 2019
I can see where I should be able to dl them on the launcher, but it's greyed out.

Not sure why, might be something I'm missing. They are there for other packs.

Edit : I've got it working by using MCEdit and deleting the ender storage tank, but we really want to use ender stoarge tanks.

You mean you got a server up and running just by deleting that one mod? And did you use the latest ver of the pack.

McMoo

Jul 29, 2019
Installed version 1.2.1 on server from FTB launcher.

Server is with nitrous networks and they didn't like the fact that the minecraft_1_7_10.jar wasn't called minecraft.jar or similar name, tried to change it, couldn't make it run.

Found the pack on nitrous networks as a click and install, installed that and it worked on 1.2.1(as this was the current version when installed)

Today the server crashed and wouldn't restart due to an ender storage tank being used. Had to use mc edit to go and delete the storage tank that had been placed in the world, to then save and re-upload the world file to server.

The server is now running, on 1.2.1 but if anyone places an Ender storage tank. It will crash.

As I can't seem to download the 1.2.22 server files from the FTB launcher I was looking to manually update forge, ender storage and the other mods that are listed in the 1.2.22 changelog. Making it so that ender storage tanks are useable.

If I could download the server files I maybe half way there. Or if I could work out how to update forge without breaking everything.

Thanks

killerjwb86

Jul 29, 2019
Installed version 1.2.1 on server from FTB launcher.

Server is with nitrous networks and they didn't like the fact that the minecraft_1_7_10.jar wasn't called minecraft.jar or similar name, tried to change it, couldn't make it run.

Found the pack on nitrous networks as a click and install, installed that and it worked on 1.2.1(as this was the current version when installed)

Today the server crashed and wouldn't restart due to an ender storage tank being used. Had to use mc edit to go and delete the storage tank that had been placed in the world, to then save and re-upload the world file to server.

The server is now running, on 1.2.1 but if anyone places an Ender storage tank. It will crash.

As I can't seem to download the 1.2.22 server files from the FTB launcher I was looking to manually update forge, ender storage and the other mods that are listed in the 1.2.22 changelog. Making it so that ender storage tanks are useable.

If I could download the server files I maybe half way there. Or if I could work out how to update forge without breaking everything.

Thanks

Did you try to remove the ender storage mod so no one could place one down and mess up the world.

Falchonbria

Jul 29, 2019
i havent ever used the ender storage tanks, however once i installed version 1.2.2 of this modpack i ran into more problems. It seems in 1.2.2 the tinkers smeltery and the coke oven in railcraft are broken. They work fine in version 1.2.1, but will cause crashes in this newest version.
Also, as far as i understand it, we have a quest to make "coconut shrimp" and the only way to get shrimp is by breaking one of Pam's Harvestcraft water gardens. Currently in this mods configs, water gardens are defaulted to off, so as it stands there is no way to complete that quest. Personally i was able to go into the config files and change the water gardens to spawn, however other people may not be able to figure out how to change them like i did.
And one last thing, would it be possible to change the default to show the agricraft mutations in the NEI? Currently it is turned off and i don't see the point in having it off (you can already see the reciepes for everything else in NEI, so why leave out the crop mutations?!?). And yes, i already turned it on in the configs, but like i mentioned in my above point, not everyone knows how to mess with the configs.

Of course this message is intended to whoever updates this modpack, but i figured i'd make a list of the issues i have personally encountered so far. I'm making a video series of this modpack on my youtube channel in case you would like to watch. My youtube name is Falchonbria.

Take care guys, and i love this modpack!

McMoo

Jul 29, 2019
i havent ever used the ender storage tanks, however once i installed version 1.2.2 of this modpack i ran into more problems. It seems in 1.2.2 the tinkers smeltery and the coke oven in railcraft are broken. They work fine in version 1.2.1, but will cause crashes in this newest version.
Also, as far as i understand it, we have a quest to make "coconut shrimp" and the only way to get shrimp is by breaking one of Pam's Harvestcraft water gardens. Currently in this mods configs, water gardens are defaulted to off, so as it stands there is no way to complete that quest. Personally i was able to go into the config files and change the water gardens to spawn, however other people may not be able to figure out how to change them like i did.
And one last thing, would it be possible to change the default to show the agricraft mutations in the NEI? Currently it is turned off and i don't see the point in having it off (you can already see the reciepes for everything else in NEI, so why leave out the crop mutations?!?). And yes, i already turned it on in the configs, but like i mentioned in my above point, not everyone knows how to mess with the configs.

Of course this message is intended to whoever updates this modpack, but i figured i'd make a list of the issues i have personally encountered so far. I'm making a video series of this modpack on my youtube channel in case you would like to watch. My youtube name is Falchonbria.

Take care guys, and i love this modpack!

Thanks Falchonbria, I'm currently downloading the 1.2.22 version to try local play and see what crashes. Rempty mentioned that they updated tinkers to the newest version and it seems to fix it. Might we worth a try.

Falchonbria

Jul 29, 2019
i was on the coke oven quest/ creosote oil quest when i found out that railcraft caused it to crash too. I attempted to update the railcraft version, but minecraft woudnt even load up when i updated that mod, so the only thing i figured i could do was just roll back to modpack update 1.2.1 since the coke oven was required for a quest. Plus i'm having a lot of fun with the Steve's Carts mod and i need to use the coke oven a lot.
I'm sure they will all get everything worked out eventually.

ThWolf

Jul 29, 2019
So, problems so far:
Railcraft, watergardens, agricraft mutations.

Anyone else has more things to add?
Also, want a small update to fix this problems or a big update to update all the mods?

PS: Currently having problems with HQM.

Reactions: Seryi

Falchonbria

Jul 29, 2019
Personally i dont mind waiting for a big update, i'm a very patient person lol. Dont forget to throw that update to the tinkers construct smeltery in there as well.

Now i could be misunderstanding what i read, but i think when forge is updated they changed the way custom liquids are handled and it does not work with any mod that use to use custom liquids unless they put a fix into their mod as well. This may explain why railcraft and tinkers was crashing if their mod wasnt updated as well to work with the new liquids. So its also safe to assume that ANY other mod in this modpack that uses custom liquids will need to be updated as well (if all of them even HAVE an update that is compatible with this version of forge). That may be the reason the original author of this modpack never updated this modpack past the 1.2.1 version (if not all the mods are compatible with the newest forge version)
So this may be something to check up on, and again, this is just what i'm seeming to understand, but i could be completely wrong lol.

Thanks!

Reactions: Seryi