1.7.10 Total Meltdown [HQM][Tech][Space] - ABANDONED

BaileyH

Jul 29, 2019
Edit: This project is currently abandoned and will no longer be supported. Progress may be broken or unstable, play at your own risk.

Hey everyone! I would like to finally announce the beta release of our new mod pack Total Meltdown. Total Meltdown is a tech centered mod pack that focuses on lunar survival and galactic domination. You must advance your tech fast as you battle with the lack of oxygen and available food. Mobs have evolved to be stronger than their over world counterparts, can you match them in strength?

The uniqueness of this mod pack stems from the many options available to the players. There are a variety of mods at each players disposal so that gathering resources is no longer a chore. Favor ex nihilo? Really like mine chem? Do you like programming turtles to complete complex tasks? Do you gain joy in murdering a legion of mobs? Any way is viable for nearly every resource and the player is not restricted to a single play style.

With over 120 quests and growing, can you reestablish society in the most hostile environment known to man?

Author Inspiration:
TheLargeCactus and I were inspired to create this mod pack because of how much we enjoy playing quest-based, objective-based mod packs.Tech mods often get a bad reputation due to their repetitive nature, but we feel that with this thematic set and a core objective, tech mods can come away from the resource tripling that they are known for and instead focus on the roots of minecraft, survival.

For the sake of loot bag balance, it is recommended to play on Hard.

2015-01-12_17.01.01.png 2015-01-19_12.24.34.png 2015-01-19_12.15.02.jpg Living quarters.jpg 2015-01-19_12.15.48.jpg

The mods:
Applied Energistics 2
Big Reactors
Chisel
Computer Craft
Ender IO
Ex Nihilo
Extra Utilities
Galacticraft
HQM
Iguana Tinker Tweaks
Inventory Tweaks
Iron Chests
JABBA
Lava Monsters
Lockdown
Mantle
MineFactory Reloaded
MineTweaker
NEI
Harvestcraft
Spice of Life
Steves Factory Manager
Perfect Spawn
Simply Jetpacks
Tinkers Construct
Thermal Expansion
WAILA
Advanced Genetics
MineChem
Loot Bags
Holo Inventory

Pack Code: TotalMeltdown

Planned Features:
  • Third tier space travel quest line(Galacticraft add-ons and asteroid belt)
  • Automation Quest line
  • End game quest line
  • Storage quest line
  • Focus down weapon/armor progression

Change Log:
V1.3.0
  • Added Agricraft
  • Added Open Peripherals
  • Added Random Things
  • Rubber sapling recipe
  • Quest changes to reflect mod additions
V 1.2.0
  • Updated Minechem, EnderIO, Extra Utilities, Simply Jetpacks, COFH Core/Thermal Expansion/Foundation/MFR, Downgraded Big Reactors
  • Added Holo Inventory
  • Fixed Advanced Genetics quest
  • Can now find quartz crystals in moon rock
V1.1.9
  • Added Sieve recipe for Diamonds, Lapis and Raw Silicon in moon rock
V1.1.8
  • Hot fixed a config error not allowing sieves to be automated.
V.1.1.7
MORE QUESTS
  • Added Advanced Genetics Quests
  • Fixed the sieve automation bug
  • Added ways to obtain earth life on the moon
V1.1.6
NO MORE EXPLOITS
  • Can no longer craft canned food due to it ignoring Spice of Life diminishing returns.
  • Nerfed the amount of times you can eat a specific food wayyy down.
  • Lowered the starting amount of ore berry bushes (Won't affect current maps)
  • Added Steves Factory Manager
V1.1.5
Released!

Sieve Spoiler:
Moon Dirt:
  • Stone
  • All Saplings
  • Wheat Seeds
  • Melon Seeds
  • Pumpkin Seeds
  • Potato
  • Carrot
Moon Rock:
  • Clay
  • Nickel
  • Platinum
  • Silver
  • Lead
  • Diamond
  • Lapis
  • Raw Silicon
  • Quartz Crystals
Moon Turf
  • Spores
  • Glowstone Dust
  • Bonemeal
  • Bone
  • Flint
  • Redstone
If you come across a bug or broken quest please post here so that I may update it as soon as possible :)

If you create a video of this mod pack please message me so that I may include it in the post!
Lets Play Series!
Credit to Xolan for this awesome video that give insight on what you can expect in Total Meltdown!

World Fix:
If you are stranded on anywhere but the moon without a rocket you may use /cofh tpx (yourname) -28
If a crafting quest isn't detecting your craft, use /hqm edit to force complete it

Last edited:

Vidinston

Jul 29, 2019
It's a beautiful thing when staff make modpacks... Mostly because they are the most boss modpacks. Ever. HQM forever!

Reactions: BaileyH

BaileyH

Jul 29, 2019
I love this modpack so far! It has to be the best thing since Crash Landing...but why no Steve's Factory Manager?
Steve's Factory Manager was one of the mods we intended to add during the development of the pack along with Modular Power Suits. His download page is still down, however now I see he posted a new link. It hasn't broke anything yet, if the pack retains stability then you can expect it in the next update. :) Good catch

Reactions: PastorBones

StephJ2Fan

Jul 29, 2019
I'm curious, when you make it to the moon, is the lander supposed to land on a specific building?
I've gotten 3 quests in, and find myself stuck. :( I love the idea!

BaileyH

Jul 29, 2019
Are you having trouble finding your way inside the base? The entrance is in front of the building with an awkward structure inside of it. I will change the quest to the location of the entrance

StephJ2Fan

Jul 29, 2019
I found it after looking a bit more, but yeah maybe changing it to the coords of the door would be best. :D

scourge728

Jul 29, 2019
I thought you should know that 3 things so far are not working right 1. I can't upgrade my flint pickaxe with the skull (before a manual level up) or the iron pick head the quest gives you (after manually upgrading pick and getting mossy effect) 2. are the dome areas supposed to not have air in them as the quest book seems to suggest that air is supposed to be in them but no air is 3. that instant cool down detectable skull quest is annoying as now I will always have an unclaimed reward forever

Mirellie

Jul 29, 2019
im more worried about how fast it is because of free food, free iron, and free obsidian at absolutely no cost. and the quest is Rock My Moon

BaileyH

Jul 29, 2019
The quest was not intended to have an instant cool down. This will be fixed tonight, thanks :) also the domes are not supposed to have air in them, what quest implied that?

Funwayguy

Jul 29, 2019
This sounds a lot like a pack me and a Twitch streamer have been working on. Where exactly did you get the idea for this?

Funwayguy

Jul 29, 2019
Never mind, just found the WIP version of this pack and the origin date. It's just a very unlucky coincidence I guess.

BaileyH

Jul 29, 2019
V1.1.6 Is out!
  • Can no longer craft canned food due to it ignoring Spice of Life diminishing returns.
  • Nerfed the amount of times you can eat a specific food wayyy down.
  • Lowered the starting amount of ore berry bushes (Won't affect current maps)
  • Added Steves Factory Manager
  • Modified some quest rewards and text

Reactions: PastorBones

PastorBones

Jul 29, 2019
DUPE BUG

Playing V1.1.6 and I forgot to put my oxygen gear on (2 tanks, mask, and gear). However, when I got to the moon I had gear on and MY gear still in my inventory.

Reactions: Pudding01