[1.7.10] TolkienCraft II - Adventure Awaits! - v2.9.5[QUESTS][ADVENTURE][NORMAL MODE]

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
Just want to know if the main quest content ends with Family Heirloom 1 because i cant get it to progress further.
If you made it that far, then yes, that is all I have completed thus far. If you don't mind (and I hope you have notes) can you pm me with any and all bugs you may have found? (even the ones where you had to re-add items) this would help immensely in ferreting out any bugs!

Reactions: spyropulse

Mikhaila666

Jul 29, 2019
If folks are interested in seeing our progress on upcoming projects, you can now sightsee on the devserver. You won't have perms to build/destroy, just look around. There is a system of orbs on pedestals to give you a tour. First one is at the docks and takes you to middle earth. Outside of the lovely gazebo is a row of pedestals that take you to the projects people are working on, and a corresponding pedestal to bring you back. Generally, the idea is that as we get these done we'll toss them over to our regular server for some scenery. Then when GO has added all the bells and whistles to the areas and finished quest lines, you'll be able to download them individually to your games and get a content upgrade. Current projects are Hobbiton (finished and added to pack), Helms Deep, Brandywine Bridge and BrandyHall, Isengard and the tower of Orthanc, and Beorns Hall. The last one is being done backwards, starting on the regular server, and getting pasted over to the Dev server in a day or so. (My twins wanted daddy to build it, they just got to that part while reading in the hobbit.)

DevServer: LOTRdev.lolnet.co.nz

Regular server: Rings.lolnet.co.nz

eDilettante

Jul 29, 2019
If folks are interested in seeing our progress on upcoming projects, you can now sightsee on the devserver. You won't have perms to build/destroy, just look around. There is a system of orbs on pedestals to give you a tour. First one is at the docks and takes you to middle earth. Outside of the lovely gazebo is a row of pedestals that take you to the projects people are working on, and a corresponding pedestal to bring you back. Generally, the idea is that as we get these done we'll toss them over to our regular server for some scenery. Then when GO has added all the bells and whistles to the areas and finished quest lines, you'll be able to download them individually to your games and get a content upgrade. Current projects are Hobbiton (finished and added to pack), Helms Deep, Brandywine Bridge and BrandyHall, Isengard and the tower of Orthanc, and Beorns Hall. The last one is being done backwards, starting on the regular server, and getting pasted over to the Dev server in a day or so. (My twins wanted daddy to build it, they just got to that part while reading in the hobbit.)
DevServer: LOTRdev.lolnet.co.nz
Regular server: Rings.lolnet.co.nz

Some truly wonderful building going on there! Still exploring, there's just so much to see!
And I've even found Bilbo... AND Gandalf! Congrats to all, it's looking amazing :)

teagan75

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, so I just started playing this pack today. I went and got the 128x texture pack in the link, but when I use it, it makes my entire system crawl. And I have no idea why, as I've used plenty of 128x packs in the past, on far more intensive modpacks. But like, even in the menu screen, without loading a world my entire PC just takes forever to do anything. I have 5gbs allocated to MC. My system is well good enough to run the 128x. Anyone else have this problem, or know a fix other then just not using it?
I had a similar problem and have used 128x and 256x packs before as well. I think its the sheer magnitude of objects being re-textured and there is alot going on in the city. However, I had the same stickiness even out in the open. I "solved" my issue by downgrading to the 64x pack.

Teraphina

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, so I just started playing this pack today. I went and got the 128x texture pack in the link, but when I use it, it makes my entire system crawl. And I have no idea why, as I've used plenty of 128x packs in the past, on far more intensive modpacks. But like, even in the menu screen, without loading a world my entire PC just takes forever to do anything. I have 5gbs allocated to MC. My system is well good enough to run the 128x. Anyone else have this problem, or know a fix other then just not using it?

one thing that makes this more intisive then most packs is the amount of custom npcs that are in the world, it is almost like having a player loaded in, even when they are not loaded. or at least that is the way i figure it

Mikhaila666

Jul 29, 2019
I did, none of them have any quests, I've done the stupid troll thing, and I'm kinda disappointed to find out that there aren't any proper fellowship quests.

"stupid"? "proper"? Sorry that the quests are up to your demanding standards. Try to remember that it takes hours of work to set up these quests. Come up with ideas, program the npcs, put them into HQM, build the areas, playtest, and upkeep them as things change. GO has put in a huge amount of work on the content of this modpack. One look at Draconis should make that obvious. This work comes out of his life, for no return at all except the appreciation of the people who play with the toys he makes. The very least you could do is be civil when coming to these forums.

KnightOwl

Jul 29, 2019
How does one fix mistakes with the CustomNPC mod quests? I accidentally bought the wrong item with the kings coins and now I can't afford the items we're supposed to purchase. Tried giving myself coins but they wouldn't let me purchase with them and then I tried giving myself the item but that doesn't trigger the quest. Tried scanning through forum postings that mention the King but he's apparently the cause of a lot of problems because there are a tonne of them.

Reactions: GreatOrator

Mikhaila666

Jul 29, 2019
How does one fix mistakes with the CustomNPC mod quests? I accidentally bought the wrong item with the kings coins and now I can't afford the items we're supposed to purchase. Tried giving myself coins but they wouldn't let me purchase with them and then I tried giving myself the item but that doesn't trigger the quest. Tried scanning through forum postings that mention the King but he's apparently the cause of a lot of problems because there are a tonne of them.
Are you purchasing with normal coinage or "emerald coins". In the latest version, the king gives you 3 emerald coins (an item that i believe is from custom npc mod) and the items you should buy can only be bought with those coins. It was done this way to make it easier to see what you need to buy. One of the players on my server got killed in the graveyard while waiting for day to come and merchants to wake up and lost his coins. I was able to just give him more from the custom npc tab.

KnightOwl

Jul 29, 2019
Are you purchasing with normal coinage or "emerald coins". In the latest version, the king gives you 3 emerald coins (an item that i believe is from custom npc mod) and the items you should buy can only be bought with those coins. It was done this way to make it easier to see what you need to buy. One of the players on my server got killed in the graveyard while waiting for day to come and merchants to wake up and lost his coins. I was able to just give him more from the custom npc tab.

I used the same item id. I suspect there must be some nbt data that is specially encoded on the coins? Anyway we've restarted with 2.4.3 since it's my wife and myself both playing together.

KnightOwl

Jul 29, 2019
2.4.3 issue -- neither myself or my wife can open the Custom NPCs quest tab. We click on it and it immediately focuses to another tab. We can see the words no active quests even though we've completed the eavesdropping quest. We also notice that there are two crafting tabs. Clicking on one makes both tabs active.

Tried deleting both installations and the server and started fresh but the same problem occurs. Anyone seen this?

This occurs in single player (using the downloaded template though which says 2.3.4 on it?) and the server download.

Last edited:

Dezil_nz

Jul 29, 2019
2.4.3 issue -- neither myself or my wife can open the Custom NPCs quest tab. We click on it and it immediately focuses to another tab. We can see the words no active quests even though we've completed the eavesdropping quest. We also notice that there are two crafting tabs. Clicking on one makes both tabs active.

Tried deleting both installations and the server and started fresh but the same problem occurs. Anyone seen this?

This occurs in single player (using the downloaded template though which says 2.3.4 on it?) and the server download.
this is a known bug with custom NPC's use the 'L' key

KnightOwl

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not sure if there is a way to do this.. but if it's possible to detect multiple players in a team in HQM then it might be a good idea to use that and reduce the awarding % for higher ranking loot bags with multiple members. Two of us are getting some crazy awesome reward bags.

KnightOwl

Jul 29, 2019
Also there is a lot of items not properly stacking in 2.4.3 (3 dirt and another 4 dirt won't stack even though item ids are the same). I've seen this in the Direwolf 20 1.7.10 pack so FTB team can probably help out if you don't know the solution.