[1.7.10] TolkienCraft II - Adventure Awaits! - v2.9.5[QUESTS][ADVENTURE][NORMAL MODE]

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
People have been having trouble downloading the server thru FTB and unzipping with a Mac. GO made a post earlier with a direct link to the server file.

Also, GO, I am still working on the 2.4.2 version and realize that no direction was given at all for where to find Ephelba. Has that changed for the next version?

Edit: I found her, but maybe the HQM book could give coordinates or something :)

I am trying to complete Jax quest number 3 to find Ahab but it wont complete when I get on the ship to talk to him. Do you think it is conflicting with his new job of tp?

Edit: nvm, it was a little screwy because i had to leave the dock and then go back.
It was meant to be cryptic to find ephalba, but there are clues that she is nearby.
Question about the houses we can buy. What happens when this gets fully released and then we have a house and you update the region files? Will our houses be wiped out?
The idea is that once this goes recommended you won't have to worry about it as the map and quests will be stable and not need any further map tweaks, so no.

teagan75

Jul 29, 2019
It was meant to be cryptic to find ephalba, but there are clues that she is nearby.
Yeah, i was flying around with my nifty angel wings and missed it at first. :p

The idea is that once this goes recommended you won't have to worry about it as the map and quests will be stable and not need any further map tweaks, so no.

Very nice ty. Wanted to reassure the players on my server game :)

Reactions: GreatOrator

sqitchy

Jul 29, 2019
Well my server all agreed to just quit using cauldron and make a new server. Its unfortunate we don't have clearlagg, essentials, group manager, and world edit, but the bugs that come alone with cauldron at this time aren't worth it. Its hard to find a cauldron that works, and the one I'm using is probably out of date since they cant update it anymore.

The only thing I truly miss is clearlagg. Does anyone know of a good mod or alternative to clear entities?

Dezil_nz

Jul 29, 2019
You can use opis to clear items etc only thing is it won't do it automatically, out of curiosity what are the specs on your server?

Parker Savka

Jul 29, 2019
Usually I can decipher crashlogs but this one is a bit different. It isnt actually a crash log. Whenever I try to create a new world it tells me that I am missing 500+ blocks and items and gives me the choice of continuing or not. if I do continue it kicks me back to the main menu. I just installed the pack and followed directions (put the template folder in the minecraft folder within tolkiencraft).
http://pastebin.com/CfrxY9Vi

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
If you are referring to the texture errors, those have been there a very long time and are legacy code modders have left in, does not affect the game. If it is truly saying items/blocks missing, you may have a corrupted mod folder

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
I'll take a look tonight and try downloading it to see

EDIT: Was able to test before I went to work. Downloaded the 2.4.3 updated through launcher, added new map for this version, started up just fine with no errors or missing blocks.

Last edited:
Reactions: spyropulse

Parker Savka

Jul 29, 2019
EDIT: Was able to test before I went to work. Downloaded the 2.4.3 updated through launcher, added new map for this version, started up just fine with no errors or missing blocks

Weird. I'll keep messing with it. I can give you my folder if it would help

Last edited:

sqitchy

Jul 29, 2019
Fastcraft works on servers as well, actually. As for perms, forgeessentials works decently as well as server tools (links on my spreadsheet to these)
I tried forge essentials but it makes the server crash. It gets right to the end when its about to start up then just crashes.

You can use opis to clear items etc only thing is it won't do it automatically, out of curiosity what are the specs on your server?
I'll definitely try opis. I tried this mod called lagbgon which was great and almost identical to clearlagg. The only problem is the clear entity kills all non blacklisted npcs as well. Luckily they all respawn, but its too much chaos.

I have 7G of ram in the server, 3 in my game, and 6 left for my computer. Their are only 5 of us so I probably don't even need it. It just seems on the cauldron server we were getting a solid 20 tps, when on the normal server we get more lag.

teagan75

Jul 29, 2019
I tried forge essentials but it makes the server crash. It gets right to the end when its about to start up then just crashes.

I had the same issues with this mod.

It just seems on the cauldron server we were getting a solid 20 tps, when on the normal server we get more lag.

This is inevitable on a forge server.

FYI, GO, i finally got the new beta version of the game to load. It was stuck on load world for 20 mins. However, when I got in I was in Hobbiton with a ton of items that are not mine hehe. I will clear the player data but I thought you might like to know.

BruteMan

Jul 29, 2019
FYI, GO, i finally got the new beta version of the game to load. It was stuck on load world for 20 mins. However, when I got in I was in Hobbiton with a ton of items that are not mine hehe. I will clear the player data but I thought you might like to know.

you did grab the new 2.4.3 map as well ? there was no player data in that map when i picked it up.

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
I had the same issues with this mod.

This is inevitable on a forge server.

Seems like you are loading from an existing map? I made absolutely sure there was no playerdata in the level.dat, and on creating a new world with the new map it can take a hot minute depending on the speed of your computer because it is copying 500 megs of map from the template before it even begins to load the map

teagan75

Jul 29, 2019
Seems like you are loading from an existing map? I made absolutely sure there was no playerdata in the level.dat, and on creating a new world with the new map it can take a hot minute depending on the speed of your computer because it is copying 500 megs of map from the template before it even begins to load the map

I did use the new map from the curse page for 2.4.3, I will try loading it again.

Edit: Unzipped it again and this is in the data file. What is weird is that is attributed it to me.
2.4.3 map.png

Last edited:

Quail4

Jul 29, 2019
I was just wondering if anyone else had this problem.
I started a new game, with the 2.4.3 version and new map, the king gave me regular coins instead of the emerald coins, and I can't buy the items for the quest.

Teraphina

Jul 29, 2019
I was just wondering if anyone else had this problem.
I started a new game, with the 2.4.3 version and new map, the king gave me regular coins instead of the emerald coins, and I can't buy the items for the quest.

i did that mistake, it turned out that i unziped the wrong map file, you will need to delete the template folder in the minecraft directory and copy the 2.4.3 template folder and start a new world and delete the old world

Dezil_nz

Jul 29, 2019
I have 7G of ram in the server, 3 in my game, and 6 left for my computer. Their are only 5 of us so I probably don't even need it. It just seems on the cauldron server we were getting a solid 20 tps, when on the normal server we get more lag.

so you are running the server from the same machine you are playing from?

also do you have fastcraft on the server now its forge only?