[1.7.10] TolkienCraft II - Adventure Awaits! - v2.9.5[QUESTS][ADVENTURE][NORMAL MODE]

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
tested the sigils:
Sigil of Whirlwind (effect ID: -113)
Sigil of Hast (effect ID: -125)

these crash the game.
testing the blood magic potions will take a little while longer^^
Thank you, I can already see what is happening, so you won't need to test further...i'll see what can be done to fix it but so everyone knows, the id extension does not seem to be working so any potion id's over 128 are broken.

Try in the same brewcraft config changing "Potion List Extension Size"= to 128 and let me know how that works

Reactions: Vals NoisyToys

birdiegirl4444

Jul 29, 2019
Dezil, i get online but my quest book will not open, i have forced update the pack but still cannot open the q book, someone told me to use /kit quest and I got another book but no go. any suggestions. i am using soartex texture pack. not sure if that makes a diff.

Reactions: GreatOrator

sqitchy

Jul 29, 2019
Are you running on a server?

Delete the hcq from the configs in the server, then copy the same file from your client and put in in the server config where you deleted the first one.

If your not running a server maybe delete your TC2 folder then reinstall from the ftb launcher.

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
Dezil, i get online but my quest book will not open, i have forced update the pack but still cannot open the q book, someone told me to use /kit quest and I got another book but no go. any suggestions. i am using soartex texture pack. not sure if that makes a diff.
It should be fixed now, just make sure your hqm config has been changed to false for edit mode.

birdiegirl4444

Jul 29, 2019
i have downloaded the launcher, the mod pack and anything else I can think of but still cannot open the q book. i still cannot create a single world either.

edit
ok GO saw your response and this is what I have on hqm config
do I set the second line to false? is that line suppossed to be there two times? am I even in the correct spot

# Configuration file

general {
# If set to true, new worlds will automatically activate Hardcore mode
B:"Auto-start hardcore mode"=false

# If set to true, new worlds will automatically activate Questing mode
B:"Auto-start questing mode"=true

# How many lives players should start with.
I:"Default lives"=3

# Use this to set the maximum lives obtainable (Max 255)
I:MaxLives=20

# Allow every single player in a party to claim the reward for a quest. Setting this to false will give the party one set of rewards to share.
B:MultiReward=true

# Display an interface with the contents of the reward bag when you open it.
B:RewardInterface=true

# Define in seconds how long the rot timer is.
I:RotTime=120

# Turn on/off the rot timer.
B:RotTimer=false

# If this is set to true, the server will send the quests to clients connecting to it.
B:ServerSync=false

# Use this if you want the book to spawn on create world
B:SpawnBook=true

birdiegirl4444

Jul 29, 2019
or is it this editmode config file

# Configuration file

general {
# Only use this as a map maker who wants to create quests. Leaving this off allows you the play the existing quests.
B:UseEditor=true
}

birdiegirl4444

Jul 29, 2019
ok, now to get the npc quests going. at the fountain and listen to the guys talk, but it does not trigger the "go see the king" quest. I hit E and I have 5 tabs, crafting table, flag, paper, crafting table, armor....when I click the paper to see if I have any quests, it blinks and goes back to the armor tab. I can see that it says no quests so maybe I cannot stay on that tab until I get the first quest, but it is not flagging. is there something I need to change to allow the npc quests to trigger? I can go along and just use the q book to advance but since we are trouble shooting ...and running both npc and hqm at same time is expected, lets see if we can get this going.

birdiegirl4444

Jul 29, 2019
i have GO been standing here and have listened to the whole convo numerous times

from calming sounds through to guards chasing off the monster to the mountains

Last edited:

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
  • v2.4.3
    • Mods Updated
      • BDLib
      • CoFH Core
      • Artifice
      • Aura Cascade
      • Binnie's Mods
      • Blood Magic
      • Botania
      • BuildCraft
      • Draconic Evolution
      • Extra Cells
      • Gendustry
      • Logistic Pipes
      • Node Tracker
      • Pam's HarvestCraft
      • Thaumic Tinker
      • Thermal Dynamics
      • Thermal Expansion
      • Thermal Foundation
      • Traveller's Gear
    • Mod's Removed
      • CoFHLib
    • Configs Changed
      • I believe I have fixed the potion effect issue once and for all
      • minor tweaks from feedback from players and work on the dev server
    • More of the main quest line completed
I now include the server.dat with the pack which has the info for the two fully endorsed open servers for tolkiencraft II! :)
Pushed to the FTB guys, should hopefully be up on the launcher before the weekend is over, map should also be available soon at curseforge

Last edited:

Elshar

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone else having problems downloading the 2.4.2 server? It seems to download the whole file (451mb or so), but then it can't extract it saying unexpected end of archive. Although if 2.4.3 is out, I might just wait and try to download that instead. :)

teagan75

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone else having problems downloading the 2.4.2 server? It seems to download the whole file (451mb or so), but then it can't extract it saying unexpected end of archive. Although if 2.4.3 is out, I might just wait and try to download that instead. :)
People have been having trouble downloading the server thru FTB and unzipping with a Mac. GO made a post earlier with a direct link to the server file.

Also, GO, I am still working on the 2.4.2 version and realize that no direction was given at all for where to find Ephelba. Has that changed for the next version?

Edit: I found her, but maybe the HQM book could give coordinates or something :)

I am trying to complete Jax quest number 3 to find Ahab but it wont complete when I get on the ship to talk to him. Do you think it is conflicting with his new job of tp?

Edit: nvm, it was a little screwy because i had to leave the dock and then go back.

Last edited: