[1.7.10] TolkienCraft II - Adventure Awaits! - v2.9.5[QUESTS][ADVENTURE][NORMAL MODE]

Eggyplant

Jul 29, 2019
The restrictions for bows are only metal, yet metal bows are too stiff and take a long time pull back. (super slow still with redstone, mobs still manage to deals some hefty damage to me while I try to charge a longbow)
The weapons book for tinkers said they are made from organic materials like wood, bone, slime crystals to be effective.

biomirth

Jul 29, 2019
The map install instructions on the map download page are, as far as I can tell, not accurate. It does work as someone points out on that page:
For the FTB client, go to where you installed FTB to and place the template folder into TolkienCraftII>mincraft>saves

Reactions: GreatOrator

lbjodom

Jul 29, 2019
The map install instructions on the map download page are, as far as I can tell, not accurate. It does work as someone points out on that page:
if you install it to the tolkiencraftII folder it will create a template folder which will then make it so when you start a new world it will be the correct world if you install it in the save folder and you want to create a new world you will have errors

punk_hiji

Jul 29, 2019
You have to go through the Coven questline before you can start on the investigation. Make sure you pick up the quest to kill the grand witch after you kill the other witches. I missed that one and had to go back and look for it.
how do you unlock the coven questline because i did everything the mage tower would give me which was botania and reinforcements quests

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
Trust me, they are accurate. There is a reason it is in a folder called template. You are supposed to create a new world, not use it as a main save.
how do you unlock the coven questline because i did everything the mage tower would give me which was botania and reinforcements quests
http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/thr...enture-normal-mode.49849/page-103#post-870608

punk_hiji

Jul 29, 2019
1. Intentional, all NPC's will respawn when killed
2. Yeah, bug with HQM, however the NPC was put there since cheats are turned off so players could still activate.
3. Will be allowed to kill once you have the appropriate quest.

@Vals NoisyToys wish I didn't have to work, so guess highlight viewing is for me!

I'll try to replicate, but the error looks like it may be PC related
when you say pc related what do you mean by that?

ZephyrWindSpirit

Jul 29, 2019
I started playing the pack awhile ago with friends, but the sheer size of the pack seemed rather daunting. I'm doing it again multiplayer, and I'm encountering a spot of bad luck. Raw salmon are next to impossible to catch with the new Pam's Harvestcraft fishing update. The RNG must not appreciate me....

I'm about ready to put in Growthcraft Fishtrap mod, and go about my business in Draconis. I know you can do it with mana infusion, but I'm not quite to that point. Next thing to do is kill the troll.

Ideas? Pointers? I checked all the rods except the aquaculture rods, they all catch Pams fish as well as vanilla fish.

Edit: I'm on the most recent update, and have replaced/merged the template customnpcs folder twice with the custom npcs folder in my world. I still do not see the market update to the merchants.

Last edited:

Vals NoisyToys

Jul 29, 2019
I started playing the pack awhile ago with friends, but the sheer size of the pack seemed rather daunting. I'm doing it again multiplayer, and I'm encountering a spot of bad luck. Raw salmon are next to impossible to catch with the new Pam's Harvestcraft fishing update. The RNG must not appreciate me....

I'm about ready to put in Growthcraft Fishtrap mod, and go about my business in Draconis. I know you can do it with mana infusion, but I'm not quite to that point. Next thing to do is kill the troll.

Ideas? Pointers? I checked all the rods except the aquaculture rods, they all catch Pams fish as well as vanilla fish.

Edit: I'm on the most recent update, and have replaced/merged the template customnpcs folder twice with the custom npcs folder in my world. I still do not see the market update to the merchants.

That's strange - we just updated to 2.3.14 on the official Tolkiencraft II server (provided by TheRangerX), and the fishmonger is selling one vanilla fish type now - the original raw minecraft fish - it should be the last fish purchase option in the right hand column. But whether you can see it there or not, you should be able to use any raw vanilla minecraft fish for that quest - not just the salmon.

Hope this helps!
-- Val

Reactions: GreatOrator

wrongcoder

Jul 29, 2019
Just wanted to follow up on the head-scratching (and cursing) I was doing in Val's stream chat. I think the problem is that the "Finding the ancient." NPC quest pops up too early. It seemed like I could do it immediately, instead of hunting down the troll. Maybe the prerequisite can be adjusted to require the troll-killed faction?

(Come to think of it, in a much older single player game, I'm pretty sure the ancient gave me a key before I even saw the troll. Hmm.)

Last edited:

ZephyrWindSpirit

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, I still don't' know what's up with my save, but I made a new save file, new map, new template, and NOW the customnpcs do the correct thing. Now to figure out how to add my player data to that save, and continue on my merry way?
I 'think' my problem is that my map was made without downloading the template off of curse, and now there isn't a way to fix it? I was still able to make a new world without the map from curse, but it was not the most recent?

Last edited:

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, I still don't' know what's up with my save, but I made a new save file, new map, new template, and NOW the customnpcs do the correct thing. Now to figure out how to add my player data to that save, and continue on my merry way?
I 'think' my problem is that my map was made without downloading the template off of curse, and now there isn't a way to fix it? I was still able to make a new world without the map from curse, but it was not the most recent?
The mod I use to lock the map in will still allow you to create a new world without the template, but it will always be a generic world. If you are using the template it is always best to use the proper one for the version of the pack you are playing.

Reactions: Vals NoisyToys

Orma

Jul 29, 2019
Ugh .. these towers with antibuilders blocks. I start getting lag and after a while MC totaly freezes. No use even exploring them since you cant break anything, and if you trigger the trap your client will probably crash becouse of the antibuilders trying to repair/fix everything -.-.

Most stupid thing ever.

Any way to turn off these antibuilder crappers so they NEVER spawn?

birdiegirl4444

Jul 29, 2019
ok, have a question. trying to make enderium ingots so I can upgrade my hardened tank to resonant. I have everything but the pulverized shiny dust. I know you can get shiny from Ferrous in the smeltry, and when I put ferrous in the smeltery it shows shiny ingot, but when I pull it down to my ingot mold a ferrous ingot comes out. Ferrous is a commodoty but I have manage to find a few, which I put in my pulverizer hoping to get the secondary shiny, but it has not happened. will it? do I just need to continue to find ferrous and put it in the pulverizer? I tried to just use ferrous dust in place of the shiny but it did not work. is there a better place to fine shiny?
a second question while I am here

have a quest to get a bucket of fuel, is that "found" anywhere or is the refinery the only way to get it?

Thanks for any help

birdiegirl

birdiegirl4444

Jul 29, 2019
Ugh .. these towers with antibuilders blocks. I start getting lag and after a while MC totaly freezes. No use even exploring them since you cant break anything, and if you trigger the trap your client will probably crash becouse of the antibuilders trying to repair/fix everything -.-.

Most stupid thing ever.

Any way to turn off these antibuilder crappers so they NEVER spawn?

I do not know how to turn them off, but you can mine them, maybe this will help. Not sure if this is a bug about mining them or not, but saw a youtuber doing that and maybe that will help with the crashes.

Arikast

Jul 29, 2019
ok, have a question. trying to make enderium ingots so I can upgrade my hardened tank to resonant. I have everything but the pulverized shiny dust. I know you can get shiny from Ferrous in the smeltry, and when I put ferrous in the smeltery it shows shiny ingot, but when I pull it down to my ingot mold a ferrous ingot comes out. Ferrous is a commodoty but I have manage to find a few, which I put in my pulverizer hoping to get the secondary shiny, but it has not happened. will it? do I just need to continue to find ferrous and put it in the pulverizer? I tried to just use ferrous dust in place of the shiny but it did not work. is there a better place to fine shiny?

have a quest to get a bucket of fuel, is that "found" anywhere or is the refinery the only way to get it?

Thanks for any help

birdiegirl

Yes, you can get the Shiny dust from the pulverizer (that is the traditional way to do it). Don't forget you can increase the chance to get secondaries by upgrading your pulverizer. There are occasional shiny ores that you can find but they are pretty much the rarest thing in the game.

You can find buckets of fuel in dungeon chests now and then but it is not all that difficult to make through the refinery. I don't think I've ever seen a lake of the stuff but it is possible through mystcraft.

Vals NoisyToys

Jul 29, 2019

Thanks for any help

birdiegirl

The only way I've gotten platinum (shiny metal) is ferrous ore in the pulverizer. I know at one point @GreatOrator changed the configs to allow platinum to spawn but I've yet to see any in the world. :/

As for the fuel, you make that with a refinery from oil.