[1.7.10] TolkienCraft II - Adventure Awaits! - v2.9.5[QUESTS][ADVENTURE][NORMAL MODE]

Wiremash

Jul 29, 2019
No its good to post bugs here so that GreatOrator can know there in the pack try to find a way to fix it within the pack to his means but once he know about it then further posts here without further information is invalid if you want to Bump and issue that a pack developer is waiting on a fix for is to "Bump" it with the mod developer as the more reports that the Mod developer gets shows him how wide spread or how bad the bug is and it might then change his priorities and cause him/her to fix said issue sooner rather that waiting till he is finished with a certain "feature" or maybe even cause him to release a bug fix for the current version instead of him just continuing work on updating for the next version of minecraft.
Have you read page 114? ._. I'm assuming by squeezing multiple things together some information might have been lost. I was looking for confirmation on whether it was acknowledged.

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
Have you read page 114? ._. I'm assuming by squeezing multiple things together some information might have been lost. I was looking for confirmation on whether it was acknowledged.
I can look into the issue, yes, as it may simply be the way ftb performs the update.
Is there a way to make "brass" in this modpack? Not "aluminium brass" from tconstruct, the one needed for Brass Piston and Brass Turbine? I don't see any recipes for that, so can't finish the quest.
Flaxbeard's has it's own brass, look in the book that comes with the mod, you have to use the crucible to make it.

DiRaven

Jul 29, 2019
BTW, just a few quick questions:
- There are no structures in Middleearth? Is there something like Draconis planned for Bree etc etc?
- NPC in temple does not teleport me anywhere. I saw somewhere in this thread that he uses commands that do not work in network mode, is there anything I can do to overcome this?
- Any additional quests planned? What is there right now can be finished pretty fast. Although it was fun doing those. =)

Thanks again for a great modpack! Keep it up!

Wiremash

Jul 29, 2019
- There are no structures in Middleearth? Is there something like Draconis planned for Bree etc etc?
- NPC in temple does not teleport me anywhere. I saw somewhere in this thread that he uses commands that do not work in network mode, is there anything I can do to overcome this?
- Any additional quests planned? What is there right now can be finished pretty fast. Although it was fun doing those. =)

There will be a town in Middle Earth in future

It's a bug with the commands not being recognised in servers. You could build a nether portal or a portal to the deep dark, the NPC teleports you to a random location in those dimensions anyway (I think)

I can't answer the third one, sorry :D

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019

-There is random generation from the mod as well as the ruins mod, however, LotR is very much work in progress (read the FAQ) but I do have a contest open right now for a middle-earth town I plan to add once I get a submission that wins (reminder: I would like to see any preliminary work anyone has done)
-Yeah, it is a "bug" with the way servers work. I am trying to find a work-around, similar to how forestry performs some stuff (ever notice how on a server "forestry" get opped?)
-Absolutely, I took a break for a bit (you may think it's not a lot, but trust me, way more work goes into customNPC quests that most realize), but the content update I have planned will have new/more quests, even HQM quests if all goes well.

EDIT: So just checked stats, sitting at 46,300 downloads with a total playtime of...get this...17.85 years!

Last edited:

DiRaven

Jul 29, 2019
but trust me, way more work goes into customNPC quests that most realize
I'm a programmer and aware of that whole "but it's just a simple button!" thingy. =)

It's just like you play the modpack having a lot of fun and then puff, it's suddenly nothing to do any more other then wander around looting chests that do not contain anything of value. =(

It's not the first modpack like that. Feels like something of terraria-style progression is missing. Like you need to get to the next boss (or next tier) to be able to craft better gear and get to the next boss (or next tier) to be able to craft better gear to... Because even with Wyvern armor set and manyllin sword (those are not the best) - there is literally nothing in the game that is able to kill or even hurt you. May be it's worth trying to disable/remove high tier gear (both armor and weapons) so that fighting a boss is a true challenge requiring a lot of preparing work, potions, magics etc etc.

PS: Angel ring (or draconic armor and anything else that enables essentially creative flight) is almost cheating and dismisses the whole point of having chocobos and rideable dragons. =(

I do understand that it's player's choice to use or not use something to play the game... But still having tougher challenge would be very much welcome. =)

Wiremash

Jul 29, 2019
PS: Angel ring (or draconic armor and anything else that enables essentially creative flight) is almost cheating and dismisses the whole point of having chocobos and rideable dragons. =(
I agree that the angel rings are an almost cheating method of flying, though given that they require a nether star it would be quite difficult to obtain in the first place (unless it's in a reward bag xD)
I was also quite looking forward to riding dragons and chocobos but once I obtained the rings it just felt kind of pointless to even try to get the dragons or chocobos working.

Wiremash

Jul 29, 2019
I have been looking for a while, where is ephelba?
Well, you could keep looking in that general area, but if you want a walkthrough, click the button

gx5W34E.jpg

Totally not using angel rings, this is the top view of the area, you can see the white tent from here
jQF9ruK.png

Turn left from the tent, and head that way until you walk past the hill/mountain
QKgOc9w.png

Turn right and you should see a cave entrance which leads to a cave
LPMVkse.png

Go inside the cave and there will be a bridge, it is glitchy sometimes and you may fall through it, so be careful (Opped myself, was checking names, correct spelling was Ephalba, it was dead and hadn't re spawned so I had to cheatreset it)
TKThxUt.png

Ephalba says hello

On a side note (I know I double posted, sorry) after the update, my inventory, or any inventory causes a frame lag spike when I open them. May I know which mod is causing this or if there is any fix? I've heard of "Memory leaks" but I'm unsure if that may be the case as it happens right after the game fully loads. I've tried restarting and relaunching the computer and launcher respectively but it doesn't seem to fix the problem. Thanks

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
I agree that the angel rings are an almost cheating method of flying, though given that they require a nether star it would be quite difficult to obtain in the first place (unless it's in a reward bag xD)
I was also quite looking forward to riding dragons and chocobos but once I obtained the rings it just felt kind of pointless to even try to get the dragons or chocobos working.
That may be, but even I have a pet dragon and chocobo in my server. True the ring negates their need, but sometimes the cool factor outweighs that. Nothing cooler that going f5 while riding the dragon. It's all a matter of choice. I for one am one of those that I will utilize every mod in a pack even if it duplicates a function just so I can see how everything works. Heck, I even had a pet horse...till my dragon killed it...
Well, you could keep looking in that general area, but if you want a walkthrough, click the button

On a side note (I know I double posted, sorry) after the update, my inventory, or any inventory causes a frame lag spike when I open them. May I know which mod is causing this or if there is any fix? I've heard of "Memory leaks" but I'm unsure if that may be the case as it happens right after the game fully loads. I've tried restarting and relaunching the computer and launcher respectively but it doesn't seem to fix the problem. Thanks
Most likely it is the inventory tweaks mod, but I have noticed that most inventory mods cause a bit of a lag spike at it figures out which item you are opening to see the inventory.

Wiremash

Jul 29, 2019
That may be, but even I have a pet dragon and chocobo in my server. True the ring negates their need, but sometimes the cool factor outweighs that. Nothing cooler that going f5 while riding the dragon. It's all a matter of choice. I for one am one of those that I will utilize every mod in a pack even if it duplicates a function just so I can see how everything works. Heck, I even had a pet horse...till my dragon killed it...
Fully agree! I love the idea of being able to ride on dragons. I will work on getting those as soon as possible. I actually forgotten about the riding dragons part until DiRaven mentioned it earlier. The ars magica 2 mod also has a flight magic but in order to sustain it I think I need the infused armour mana regen bonus which is broken atm :(

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
Fully agree! I love the idea of being able to ride on dragons. I will work on getting those as soon as possible. I actually forgotten about the riding dragons part until DiRaven mentioned it earlier. The ars magica 2 mod also has a flight magic but in order to sustain it I think I need the infused armour mana regen bonus which is broken atm :(
Yeah, not a matter of one method of flight being better than another, heck, I have draconic armor and still wear my ring because of the dragon wings it has.

lbjodom

Jul 29, 2019
EDIT: So just checked stats, sitting at 46,300 downloads with a total playtime of...get this...17.85 years!
so you realize this means that in the past few months you have already affected over 17.85 years of peoples lives.

Yeah, not a matter of one method of flight being better than another, heck, I have draconic armor and still wear my ring because of the dragon wings it has.

Hmmm!! Dragonic Armor, Dragon wings, Dragon Mount, City of Draconia Is somebody a little obsessed with Dragons??

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
so you realize this means that in the past few months you have already affected over 17.85 years of peoples lives.
Hmmm!! Dragonic Armor, Dragon wings, Dragon Mount, City of Draconia Is somebody a little obsessed with Dragons??
:rolleyes: I have no idea what you are talking about...
The Optifine mod is not compatible this modpack??? My optifine is graphic glich. The carpenter blocks is INVISIBLE....
Other than possibly using the recent 1.7.10 version I can't help you here. I use it fine with minimal "glitchiness" while others experience crashes the moment it loads, while others have no issues whatsoever. I can only offer it up as a possible solution, not troubleshoot errors when using it.

Reactions: Vals NoisyToys