[1.7.10] TolkienCraft II - Adventure Awaits! - v2.9.5[QUESTS][ADVENTURE][NORMAL MODE]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
After killing the bandits and turning in that quest the King should have directed you to speak with the Commander, who is having a problem with a certain troll... once you've killed the troll, have a chat with the barman in the tavern who may mention some trouble north of town, where a captain has set up a tent as he is being overrun by witches in the valley below the farm (these quests open up in the 7th tab (Quest Journal) in the HQM from memory, they're invisible until triggered though). Completing the witch quests will open up a new branch featuring the dead queen, she and the priest will both have a story for you once you've taken care of the witches and their leader.

Hope these help a little. You don't have to do anything about the magic/tech/decoration etc questlines until after you finish the storyline quests if you don't want to (or even at all if you don't want to), but the rewards you get may help out with some of the tougher enemies...

Cheers.

This brings up an interesting point. Someone might want to try making a players guide for this pack. I'd hate to miss parts of it because I forgot to talk to one persion.

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
That mod has made his recipes work in a specific way. Most can only be crafted using the crafting table for a specific race (hobbit, gondor, etc) which is why they don't show in NEI, not a bug, but the way it was designed and was made that way to encourage increasing your favor with factions.

You are stuck simply because you haven't properly completed quests. If you killed the bandits and you did so while having the bandit quest from NPC's and not in HQM, you take the spoils of that battle back to the person that gave you the NPC quest.

So it sounds like you have not been given the quest from the commander...he sets your faction in preparation to kill tyltran, after you have finished all of the kings quests the king will direct you to speak to his commander...

The more I think of it, the more I don't recall the precise events on how I got to the bandits. I swear the commander sent me to do the errand but I'm not 100% sure. Is there a way to circumvent this? This was 2 days ago. It's not as simple as a restart. I've setup my base, been playing and setting up botania, etc....

I was sent by king to see commander. I did the other mission (night vision potions). I also was told to find the ancient but there was no dialog for him. just him sitting there saying he's been waiting for me....

so you offered up the reason, but no solution. Is there one? Starting over isn't really an option. I've spent 2 days setting up my base.

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
playing with npc wand in open to lan to see all the options. From the looks of it, I did find the bandits ordered by the king to do so, went back, he said go see commander, when I went to talk to him, I got the dialog of "Hope he had not relatives" and he thanked me, which I thought was really odd. I thought he was talking about the bandit I killed. But I think he is under assumption I just killed the troll from the looks of the dialogs/quests in the editor. I seriously think there's a disjunction in this.

I looked but did not find any quests that edit the faction data (from what I can tell). When are you supposed to be let into that room that has the teleport to ME? After you are done with the questline in the town completely? or just when you finish the HQM chapter 1?

TBH, I didn't do anything wierd. I think maybe there's a problem with your update.

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
playing with npc wand in open to lan to see all the options. From the looks of it, I did find the bandits ordered by the king to do so, went back, he said go see commander, when I went to talk to him, I got the dialog of "Hope he had not relatives" and he thanked me, which I thought was really odd. I thought he was talking about the bandit I killed. But I think he is under assumption I just killed the troll from the looks of the dialogs/quests in the editor. I seriously think there's a disjunction in this.

I looked but did not find any quests that edit the faction data (from what I can tell). When are you supposed to be let into that room that has the teleport to ME? After you are done with the questline in the town completely? or just when you finish the HQM chapter 1?

TBH, I didn't do anything wierd. I think maybe there's a problem with your update.
Not a problem with the update, that much I am sure. and without being in game not sure what you missed. If you received the quest from the commander for the troll then you finished all the kings quests and may have just killed the bandits an extra time?

The commander sets your faction once you accept his troll quest and you can actually go through the quest dialog with him again if your faction is still set to friendly. The issue you are reporting is always because somewhere something was missed in the dialogs, and it was set up that way by default to force players to read everything said to them.

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
  • Update v2.3.11
    • Mods Updated
      • Ars Magica
      • Botania
      • Carpenter's Blocks
      • Extra Cells 2
      • Ruins
      • Thaumic Energistics
      • Witchery
      • LaunchGUI
      • NEI
    • Mods Added
      • Animation API
      • Custom Main Menu
      • Resource Loader
  • I hope you guys like the new look of the main menu!
  • Temporarily disabled the IguanaTinkerTweaks excluding mod tools until they can fix the issue with their whitelist/blacklist
Should be available today at some point, will update the thread title and such once I have confirmation it is ready for you guys to download. Anyone who is adventurous can always get the most recent update from my spreadsheet (No i will not repost it again, look back several pages of go to my website).

With the addition of animation API it is only a matter of time (I hope) until hippomaster updates aquatic abyss and I will finally have all of the mods included that I wanted!

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
alright. Started a new world to test my theory. Yes. if you do things exactly as you describe in the order you're supposed to you're fine. but if you go in blind, you end up like me.

I followed along and did the quests like you are supposed to. tbh, I can't recall the exact method I used but most likely I was going off of bandit camp via hqm quest book and not being told to by king. maybe.. either way, I just went through correct path and got the right dialog from commander.

I think you need to put stronger wording or make that quest hidden in book till you actually get it if you can. cause I wasted 2 days now and there's no way I'll start over again just to finish these quests. I'll wait till this is fully out of beta and maybe play with it again.

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
Not a problem with the update, that much I am sure. and without being in game not sure what you missed. If you received the quest from the commander for the troll then you finished all the kings quests and may have just killed the bandits an extra time?

The commander sets your faction once you accept his troll quest and you can actually go through the quest dialog with him again if your faction is still set to friendly. The issue you are reporting is always because somewhere something was missed in the dialogs, and it was set up that way by default to force players to read everything said to them.
again. I can't talk to anyone to fix anything. I feel like I skipped that entire dialog tree by killing the bandits before I was supposed to. as far as the king goes, I've got no new quests. commander won't talk to me. there is no fixing this per se. I saw what is missing essentially. quest being added obviously, and the villain faction setting being set to 0 (instead of 1000).

Unless I can reset the commander to being before that quest existed, that save game is dead. I should have posted when I had issues at the beginning before I setup base, etc. but my inventory was full and I wanted to call someplace home. big mistake. I seriously thought that I just needed to boost my faction rating somehow and commander would talk to me.

Letting someone get into this mess really is problematic. I'm suprised I'm the only idiot to have fallen into this hole. I guess I should be honored.

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
So I think I crashed the server last night as I was in the end looking for comets and islands.. It kicked me once when I came to one island.. loaded back in traveled to another island and it crashed when I got to the spot for the new island

Oops
Yeah, you have to come up on them slowly...otherwise when they load they do that...brandon is working on another way to do it so it is not such a strain on servers.
alright. Started a new world to test my theory. Yes. if you do things exactly as you describe in the order you're supposed to you're fine. but if you go in blind, you end up like me.

I followed along and did the quests like you are supposed to. tbh, I can't recall the exact method I used but most likely I was going off of bandit camp via hqm quest book and not being told to by king. maybe.. either way, I just went through correct path and got the right dialog from commander.

I think you need to put stronger wording or make that quest hidden in book till you actually get it if you can. cause I wasted 2 days now and there's no way I'll start over again just to finish these quests. I'll wait till this is fully out of beta and maybe play with it again.
Pack is out of beta, and the text in hqm clearly says the introduction quests are meant to be done alongside the customNPC quests. Not much more I can do to get players to do them correctly other than the way I have already laid it out. You yourself said if you follow the directions there are no issues....And yes, unless I know where you stopped following the quests all anyone here can do is tell you the quest path so you can backtrack. the only other way it could happen is if you killed one of the other bosses out of order, but even then the dialogs for the quest givers can be re-read to fix the faction.

cowch

Jul 29, 2019
nei isnt showing anything now what did i mess up lol, i tried messing around with the setting but after we updated today nei stopped showing stuff on the right side.
running 2.3.11

Last edited:

Matthewk1000

Jul 29, 2019
  • Update v2.3.11
    • Mods Updated
      • Ars Magica
      • Botania
      • Carpenter's Blocks
      • Extra Cells 2
      • Ruins
      • Thaumic Energistics
      • Witchery
      • LaunchGUI
      • NEI
    • Mods Added
      • Animation API
      • Custom Main Menu
      • Resource Loader
  • I hope you guys like the new look of the main menu!
  • Temporarily disabled the IguanaTinkerTweaks excluding mod tools until they can fix the issue with their whitelist/blacklist
Should be available today at some point, will update the thread title and such once I have confirmation it is ready for you guys to download. Anyone who is adventurous can always get the most recent update from my spreadsheet (No i will not repost it again, look back several pages of go to my website).

With the addition of animation API it is only a matter of time (I hope) until hippomaster updates aquatic abyss and I will finally have all of the mods included that I wanted!
kwl new update better click update then. :D can't wait to see whats new. Better wake up super early to start playing.

Lankoran

Jul 29, 2019
Hit a snag with the quest lines, ive reached part 3 of "For Covens Sake" with NPC's but my HQM book has jumped ahead to "Search to the Past" i need Ephelba's lockette to hand in, which HQM says i have, (but can't find) and a note, which HQM says i have (But can't find). Is this common? is there any work around? (Also fairly sure i've not intentionally killed the witch in question, the leader, where abouts is she? theres nothing in either quest log that give you any indication of where to find her.

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
Search around the mountain area for ephalba. Yes, hqm will progress, you just have to make sure you complete the customnpc side. as for showing already complete, might have been another item in your inventory that matched.

The captain tells you to look around the mountain as well, but you have to read what he says to catch it...

Reactions: Vals NoisyToys