[1.7.10] TolkienCraft II - Adventure Awaits! - v2.9.5[QUESTS][ADVENTURE][NORMAL MODE]

pndragon65

Jul 29, 2019
Anyway, could anyone tell me what I am doing wrong? I have a iron cleaver and a diamond armour, and Carnow is just kicking my ass. With just 20 hp I just can't kill him before he reaches even 50% of his HP, which he keeps regenerating! Is there something I'm missing?
What I did was block the tunnel with fences and just keep hitting them. Try to attack the henchmen first so that they get of the way and allow you to concentrate all of your attacks on the big man. Make sure you have lots of food. Eventually he does die.

Tfree77

Jul 29, 2019
So, I stumbled upon Carnow when I was searching around town, and I thought he was unkillable since he regenerated so fast. I ended up dragging him into town and ran off. Now, I made it to the quest where you have to kill him, and I'm unable complete the quest because one of the guards killed him. Is there a way to ressurect him or am I just going to be unable to finish this quest?

Vals NoisyToys

Jul 29, 2019
I've got an opinion question. I've never played an MMO myself. I get upset when people start looting anything that isn't nailed down/over build limit/etc. Do you like playing the game like Skyrim or like a game where you can't harm the sets?

I love Skyrim, but I don't loot everything there either unless I'm playing a thief character (which I have done). I personally try to behave in a roleplay manner as much as I can, even when I'm streaming and talking about RL stuff, lol. So in that respect it totally depends on what the character I'm roleplaying is - in Valentine's case in my streams, she tends to keep her hands off of other people's property (npc or not). :) It doesn't upset me when other people loot things from npcs - the way I look at it is, the only game experience you're potentially ruining is your own if you take overpowered items (for your current level) belonging to npcs. That particularly applies to SSP.

Valentine (and my) general philosophy for Draconis (and all games/RL) is
a) you're the hero and
b) just because you can do something doesn't mean you should.

In a controlled server environment, I think a lootable set is fine, if you have trustworthy players. To my points above I'd add
c) be a good server-mate and don't ruin other peoples immersion by taking everything not nailed down. ;) Taking emergency supplies is fine (a starvation death loop is no fun), but don't take the decorations off the shop shelves just because they are actually useful items and you 'might' need them someday. And in this modpack, you'll get plenty of stuff from the loot bags, don't worry about that!

If its an open server (eg WoW, EQ, etc) you pretty much have to have an unlootable set - the place'd get trashed so fast it wouldn't be funny and would ruin the ambiance of the settlements.

Wow I rambled a bit, didn't I? Hopefully that all made sense. Did I answer your survey question adequately? :p

So, I stumbled upon Carnow when I was searching around town, and I thought he was unkillable since he regenerated so fast. I ended up dragging him into town and ran off. Now, I made it to the quest where you have to kill him, and I'm unable complete the quest because one of the guards killed him. Is there a way to ressurect him or am I just going to be unable to finish this quest?

He should respawn on his own with his buddies after a while. It's supposed to be once a RL hour but some people have experienced issues with that. If you're on a server, a server restart might do the trick (one of the methods someone reported earlier in this thread as working).

I hope that helps!
-- Val

Last edited:

Tfree77

Jul 29, 2019
He should respawn on his own with his buddies after a while. It's supposed to be once a RL hour but some people have experienced issues with that. If you're on a server, a server restart might do the trick (one of the methods someone reported earlier in this thread as working).

I hope that helps!
-- Val

Thanks! Glad to hear I won't have to restart this world. I got a set of Flux Infused tools out of my first quest bag, and I really didn't want to give those up.

Teraphina

Jul 29, 2019
It can't be this easy can it? One quick twitter post. GreatOrator if that fix works I exspect a proper facepalm from you. :p

N M ‏@NJM1564 7h7 hours ago
@HQMupdates Is any work being done on the bug with completed quests not looking like they are completed?

HQM Devs ‏@HQMupdates 26m26 minutes ago
@NJM1564 Add a reputation with a value of 0 to fix this.

im confused as to why this matters really, you get the rewards from the quest and it opens what it is supposed to open, there is no need to go back into every quest and add reputation gains.....

dont mean to rant about this but really

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
It matters because even if you complete the quest it looks like it hasn't bin completed. Quests are supposed to gray out once completed. But they still are shiny and still say to pick up reward. It's a minor annoyance. But one that you will be exposed to like a a hundred times. That makes it a bit more than minor.
With all the work that has bin put into this pack leaving that noticeable a flaw in seems wrong. Especially as there is now a known and simple fix.

iRwise

Jul 29, 2019
I would love to play this pack, but I feel my PC is not powerful enough. I don't quite understand why. I did all the FPS adjustments that were mentioned and am running fastcraft / optifine. I only have a 2.4 ghz i7, but I have a gtx 765m graphics card. This is usually enough to run a shader on playable fps with some modpacks. This one though, in the town I am getting drops in fps to less than 30 and a lot of stuttering. I just crashed as well, not sure why...

887koi

Jul 29, 2019
Hi, i think there seems to be a problem for the Draconic Key Achdranys drops when he dies

I am the type of guy who fiddles with creative in a brand new world before trying to kill any custom npc
I planned on killing the ancient, Achdranys, at the end of the walls and i checked Achdranys' inventory.
It said 100% drop for a key that is linked to the lock beside him and he was set to revive at 20 so i went to my legit playthough and killed him.
I got the key and tried it on the lock and it didn't work. so i checked the key code it was 927756821. then i took a key from the lock with the use of the middle mouse button and it gave me a key with a key code -1704697476. Just want to ask if this is intended.

Thanks 887koi

Teraphina

Jul 29, 2019
I would love to play this pack, but I feel my PC is not powerful enough. I don't quite understand why. I did all the FPS adjustments that were mentioned and am running fastcraft / optifine. I only have a 2.4 ghz i7, but I have a gtx 765m graphics card. This is usually enough to run a shader on playable fps with some modpacks. This one though, in the town I am getting drops in fps to less than 30 and a lot of stuttering. I just crashed as well, not sure why...

one thing you must remember about minecraft, it does not use your graphics card it only uses CPU, that being said, there is something with the FTB and a couple mod packs, (not all of them) that causes major FPS issues, since you have tried everything in the read me you might try MultiMC and tell it in its options to "monitor ftb instances" that solved my fps issues and i get 50+ with it

lbjodom

Jul 29, 2019
Hi, i think there seems to be a problem for the Draconic Key Achdranys drops when he dies

I am the type of guy who fiddles with creative in a brand new world before trying to kill any custom npc
I planned on killing the ancient, Achdranys, at the end of the walls and i checked Achdranys' inventory.
It said 100% drop for a key that is linked to the lock beside him and he was set to revive at 20 so i went to my legit playthough and killed him.
I got the key and tried it on the lock and it didn't work. so i checked the key code it was 927756821. then i took a key from the lock with the use of the middle mouse button and it gave me a key with a key code -1704697476. Just want to ask if this is intended.

Thanks 887koi
Your Not suppose to kill the ancient theres a quest you will get that gives you the key for that lock

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
I've got an opinion question. I've never played an MMO myself. I get upset when people start looting anything that isn't nailed down/over build limit/etc. Do you like playing the game like Skyrim or like a game where you can't harm the sets?

I honestly can't say it any better that @Vals NoisyToys has already!
If for some reason he takes too long (usually under an hour to respawn) just copy the template region files over into your save to reset.
It can't be this easy can it? One quick twitter post. GreatOrator if that fix works I exspect a proper facepalm from you. :p

N M ‏@NJM1564 7h7 hours ago
@HQMupdates Is any work being done on the bug with completed quests not looking like they are completed?

HQM Devs ‏@HQMupdates 26m26 minutes ago
@NJM1564 Add a reputation with a value of 0 to fix this.
wow...really? (runs to test that theory) and yes...facepalming will ensue if that is the case.

EDIT: Wow it was that simple to fix...though the good news, instead of going in and adding reputation to 150 quests, the HQM team has finally said they will work on a possible fix on monday!

Last edited:

iRwise

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, So i have it pretty playable after messing with the video settings a bunch. The crash was due to a video setting I had adjusted. Now I am wondering.. How do I get more money in the game? Am I able to sell things to the merchants? Do I have to complete quests only?

I will also try MultiMC to see if it helps with higher fps. I still get crap fps in the first town, which is pretty much the only place I have been. I am really not sure how to proceed. lol

Last edited:

lbjodom

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, So i have it pretty playable after messing with the video settings a bunch. The crash was due to a video setting I had adjusted. Now I am wondering.. How do I get more money in the game? Am I able to sell things to the merchants? Do I have to complete quests only?

I will also try MultiMC to see if it helps with higher fps. I still get crap fps in the first town, which is pretty much the only place I have been. I am really not sure how to proceed. lol
You can get more money by selling to the junk merchant, by doing some of the custom npc quests or going to middle earth and killing/questing there.