[1.7.10] TolkienCraft II - Adventure Awaits! - v2.9.5[QUESTS][ADVENTURE][NORMAL MODE]

MissLid

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, has anyone seen a HUGE F-in tree that is shaped like a double helix(DNA Strand), and is there anything at the top that will kill me? That thing looks like it goes all the way to the world build height.

HAHAHA, NeverMinnnned.. I found out! I have the ability to fly, but I decided to climb this massive beanstalk to find my golden goose. Let's just say NOT COOL!! lol
I just flew to the top :)

MissLid

Jul 29, 2019
@GreatOrator at what point is the hqm 'The Investigation' supposed to trigger? I have spoken with the Queen, killed Reder and have delivered the Queen's note to the King. The original Queen's note is still in my inventory but the skelly key has vanished and the ring the king gave me as a reward is an angel ring (I already got one in a reward bag). The npc quest has completed and has gone from the list.

Crhymez

Jul 29, 2019
That would be witchery, and the ruins mod

Well, I was going for low-end tech, steampunkish, which those mods are, AE was added simply because it is my all-time favorite storage mod, so I went with BC, RC and thermal expansion since they all use RF and RF is kinda mystical.

And not sure...have not seen a lot of the ruins that are available.

Ender IO is "mystical" its "ender" To be honest Extra utilities adds the ender quarry and pipes that are better then BC.
I just really hope you and Ender IO. A Lot of your players of that pack would really like it.

Dove Krindia

Jul 29, 2019
She updated her mod to add the gardens, so I left it that way as I found the gardens made more sense and left the grass for other mods that wanted to add seeds. As as was said, the gardens will grow over time so as long as you leave one intact, you will have a never ending supply.

Unfortunately yes, as the final part of the quest chain ends in middle earth, you could save it as a schematic and add it back in afterwards though.

I have been asked, and while I do agree that the pipes are superior to most options, the overall theme of the mod didn't really fit in with the pack. You are welcome to add it if you want though.

Oh that's alright realized now that I shouldn't have built where I did, dumb move on my part. Might just start the world again and go into creative to rebuild the building in the main world :)

9 x 9 x 9 chunks is a pretty big castle, but I am already thinking of ways to improve the design :)

Thank you once again for such a great pack, i wouldn't start again on any other pack, either would my friends so you are definitely doing something right :)
They all said oh cool lets build again!

Dove Krindia

Jul 29, 2019
Just had a go at creating a new world on the server (2.3.0) and it didn't seem to work, just created a generic world, no starter area. So I created the game in single player and the first town and where you start was all there. I then copied over the World to the server and its all up and running.

Is there any problem in doing it this way if the world doesn't load up with the start Town in it?

Thank you in advance
Dove~

Dove Krindia

Jul 29, 2019
I have been trying to download the server files, but each time it seems to be missing some mods. Thus why I am not getting the pre-built town being generated at start up. Lockdown isn't in there as well as a couple of other mods.

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
@GreatOrator at what point is the hqm 'The Investigation' supposed to trigger? I have spoken with the Queen, killed Reder and have delivered the Queen's note to the King. The original Queen's note is still in my inventory but the skelly key has vanished and the ring the king gave me as a reward is an angel ring (I already got one in a reward bag). The npc quest has completed and has gone from the list.
That was supposed to open when you got her note as the actual quest line was in the HQM, if it didn't I may have to go back and look at the detection piece of that quest.
Oh that's alright realized now that I shouldn't have built where I did, dumb move on my part. Might just start the world again and go into creative to rebuild the building in the main world :)

9 x 9 x 9 chunks is a pretty big castle, but I am already thinking of ways to improve the design :)

Thank you once again for such a great pack, i wouldn't start again on any other pack, either would my friends so you are definitely doing something right :)
They all said oh cool lets build again!
Awesome! The good news is, unless some bug is found in the customNPC quests, should not have to update the region files ever again!
Just had a go at creating a new world on the server (2.3.0) and it didn't seem to work, just created a generic world, no starter area. So I created the game in single player and the first town and where you start was all there. I then copied over the World to the server and its all up and running.

Is there any problem in doing it this way if the world doesn't load up with the start Town in it?

Thank you in advance
Dove~
Lockdown isn't in the server version, the world is already included in the world folder so on startup it is already generated. Double check the archive you are downloading and you shouldn't use anything other that the default of world for the name.

Dove Krindia

Jul 29, 2019
That was supposed to open when you got her note as the actual quest line was in the HQM, if it didn't I may have to go back and look at the detection piece of that quest.

Awesome! The good news is, unless some bug is found in the customNPC quests, should not have to update the region files ever again!

Lockdown isn't in the server version, the world is already included in the world folder so on startup it is already generated. Double check the archive you are downloading and you shouldn't use anything other that the default of world for the name.

Thank you so much all up and running now, the folder got automatically renamed with the install, once I new the new name it created the world. :)

Ogreboy

Jul 29, 2019
Is there some kind of tutorial how to launch ftb modpack on multimc launcher ?
I have downloaded launcher and copied files from tolkiencraft folder into multimc instance folder, started and it works but i cant get onto Ranger's server. I stuck on loading screen.

Reactions: GreatOrator

TheRangerX

Jul 29, 2019
I have downloaded launcher and copied files from tolkiencraft folder into multimc instance folder, started and it works but i cant get onto Ranger's server. I stuck on loading screen.
There is an option to automatically detect ftb instances in multimc. No manually porting over files.

I made that mistake initially too. I'm at work so I can't took up where that option is exactly, but it is there. Advanced options maybe?

lbjodom

Jul 29, 2019
when i ported over to multimc it wouldnt load for me at first but i wen in and set the memory to 2 gig min 4 gig max and 2 gig perma gen and thats what worked for me and made it where i am lag free except when im generating terrain i do get a little lag.

Reactions: GreatOrator

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019

You click on the change settings button(looks like a computer, with a screw driver), then under the first option(MultiMC) & the first tab(features) there is two sets of option. You want the one that is FTB, and then you want to tick the box that says "Track FTB instances"

I have also notice that most of the time if I add a pack from FTB launcher and then try too load it with MultiMC it doesn't show up, all you need to do is hit the "Reload the instance list button on the main launcher(MultiMC).