[1.7.10] TolkienCraft II - Adventure Awaits! - v2.9.5[QUESTS][ADVENTURE][NORMAL MODE]

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
Go home Chald, you're drunk! :)

View attachment 13246
Yeah, if they don't make it to their bed on time they will just lay there, that or his pathing broke...the latter is fixable at least! :)
CTD when leaving Middle Earth to return to Over World. Was wearing angel wings and hovered in the ring.

Edit: reloaded world and materialised underground at coordinates 0,3,0 - way to the north of the city. Also, the revealed part of my map (from exploration) has vanished.
I'll double check again, I am pretty sure I fixed the coords problem with the latest release since I will be including the middle earth diemnsion by default now.

Reactions: Vals NoisyToys

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
How do I date the server up without having to start over ...

just copy everything except the "world" order?
For a server, you should be able to just overwrite everything...if you follow the directions in the OP you shouldn't lose anything especially since a server saves player data differently than a single player world.

Eushwa

Jul 29, 2019
Hi thank you for this pack, I am having a blast. Just a question about updating from 2.1.4 to 2.2.0, do I just need to overwrite everything or do I need to follow the steps on the OP like copying the folders over, I do have multiple worlds I am playing which are all SSP. Thanks!!

takhizis

Jun 20, 2013
I just updated to 2.2.0 and after starting a new world to make sure it was stable, I am seeing some huge bugs. Lots of missing textures for your custom npcs. The merchants are not charging for purchased items. The king did not give me money to complete his first quest to visit the different merchants. Not sure if anything else is borked. Forge Mod Loader is giving me a missing item/block count of 985 items when I start a new world or load my original.

Should I do a fresh install, is anyone else having this issue?

Vals NoisyToys

Jul 29, 2019
Hi thank you for this pack, I am having a blast. Just a question about updating from 2.1.4 to 2.2.0, do I just need to overwrite everything or do I need to follow the steps on the OP like copying the folders over, I do have multiple worlds I am playing which are all SSP. Thanks!!

If you want to keep your items, builds etc you'll need to follow the OP todo list - I'm working on an updated one. However, the v2.2.0 on the launcher is still broken. :/

I just updated to 2.2.0 and after starting a new world to make sure it was stable, I am seeing some huge bugs. Lots of missing textures for your custom npcs. The merchants are not charging for purchased items. The king did not give me money to complete his first quest to visit the different merchants. Not sure if anything else is borked. Forge Mod Loader is giving me a missing item/block count of 985 items when I start a new world or load my original.

The v2.2.0 on on the launcher is still the broken one. It disappeared last night, and when I saw it on the list again this morning I tested it and its still broken. Reported to GO.

Busi

Jul 29, 2019
How do you start the server? i downloaded it and started it, when i tried logging on it just spammed this in the console

Code:
[12:32:26] [Netty IO #5/INFO] [FML/]: Unexpected packet during modded negotiation - assuming vanilla or keepalives : net.minecraft.network.play.client.C00PacketKeepAlive
[12:32:28] [Netty IO #5/INFO] [FML/]: Unexpected packet during modded negotiation - assuming vanilla or keepalives : net.minecraft.network.play.client.C00PacketKeepAlive
[12:32:30] [Netty IO #5/INFO] [FML/]: Unexpected packet during modded negotiation - assuming vanilla or keepalives : net.minecraft.network.play.client.C00PacketKeepAlive
[12:32:32] [Netty IO #5/INFO] [FML/]: Unexpected packet during modded negotiation - assuming vanilla or keepalives : net.minecraft.network.play.client.C00PacketKeepAlive
[12:32:34] [Netty IO #5/INFO] [FML/]: Unexpected packet during modded negotiation - assuming vanilla or keepalives : net.minecraft.network.play.client.C00PacketKeepAlive
[12:32:36] [Netty IO #5/INFO] [FML/]: Unexpected packet during modded negotiation - assuming vanilla or keepalives : net.minecraft.network.play.client.C00PacketKeepAlive
[12:32:39] [Netty IO #5/INFO] [FML/]: Unexpected packet during modded negotiation - assuming vanilla or keepalives : net.minecraft.network.play.client.C00PacketKeepAlive
[12:32:41] [Netty IO #5/INFO] [FML/]: Unexpected packet during modded negotiation - assuming vanilla or keepalives : net.minecraft.network.play.client.C00PacketKeepAlive
[12:32:43] [Netty IO #5/INFO] [FML/]: Unexpected packet during modded negotiation - assuming vanilla or keepalives : net.minecraft.network.play.client.C00PacketKeepAlive
[12:32:45] [Netty IO #5/INFO] [FML/]: Unexpected packet during modded negotiation - assuming vanilla or keepalives : net.minecraft.network.play.client.C00PacketKeepAlive
[12:32:47] [Netty IO #5/INFO] [FML/]: Unexpected packet during modded negotiation - assuming vanilla or keepalives : net.minecraft.network.play.client.C00PacketKeepAlive
[12:32:49] [Netty IO #5/INFO] [FML/]: Unexpected packet during modded negotiation - assuming vanilla or keepalives : net.minecraft.network.play.client.C00PacketKeepAlive
[12:32:51] [Netty IO #5/INFO] [FML/]: Unexpected packet during modded negotiation - assuming vanilla or keepalives : net.minecraft.network.play.client.C00PacketKeepAlive
[12:32:53] [Netty IO #5/INFO] [FML/]: Unexpected packet during modded negotiation - assuming vanilla or keepalives : net.minecraft.network.play.client.C00PacketKeepAlive
[12:32:55] [Netty IO #5/INFO] [FML/]: Unexpected packet during modded negotiation - assuming vanilla or keepalives : net.minecraft.network.play.client.C00PacketKeepAlive
[12:32:57] [Netty IO #5/INFO] [FML/]: Unexpected packet during modded negotiation - assuming vanilla or keepalives : net.minecraft.network.play.client.C00PacketKeepAlive
[12:32:59] [Netty IO #5/INFO] [FML/]: Unexpected packet during modded negotiation - assuming vanilla or keepalives : net.minecraft.network.play.client.C00PacketKeepAlive
[1

Reactions: GreatOrator

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
Once a non-broken version gets uploaded by the FTB team (Their servers horribly borked up the 2.2.0 update unfortunately and I do have a request to fix, even went so far as to recompile a new archive to make absolutely sure there is no fault there), you can follow the instructions in the OP as val said if you are updating the pack.

See above--
How do you start the server? i downloaded it and started it, when i tried logging on it just spammed this in the console
Most likely the same issue the SSP update is having is causing that too. Wait until they post/repost the update before trying a server again.

As a side note:

There are currently a couple of mods I am considering and want your guys' opinions.

BrewCraft - http://www.curse.com/mc-mods/minecraft/brewcraft

This will add a new mechanic to potions including creating large batches of potions, new potion types, and even allows you to store potions in tanks.

The next one I will add, but trying to decide on which version - Thaumic NEI adds thaumcraft recipes to NEI search so you don't need to use the thauminomicon. There are two available:
http://minecraft.curseforge.com/mc-mods/225095-thaumcraft-nei-plugin - This one is the one I am leaning towards however.
http://minecraft.curseforge.com/mc-mods/225009-thaumicnei

Let me know what you guys think.

Last edited:

TheRangerX

Jul 29, 2019
I've played with packs that included brewcraft before. Looked neat, just never messed around that much with it. I know it also adds in alcohol, so that may interfere with LOTR. But it would be cool if brewcraft could also use the drunk mechanic in LOTR.

I have added the thaumcraft nei plugin. No problems so far.

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
I've played with packs that included brewcraft before. Looked neat, just never messed around that much with it. I know it also adds in alcohol, so that may interfere with LOTR. But it would be cool if brewcraft could also use the drunk mechanic in LOTR.

I have added the thaumcraft nei plugin. No problems so far.
Good to know, haven't had any issues myself in testing, just boils down to which display mechanic I like most...lol. The top one I think I like a little bit more though.

Rastem88

Jul 29, 2019
Based on the links provided, I like visuals of the second one (225009-thaumicnei) but the first one (225095-thaumcraft-nei-plugin) appears to function better. I'll have to go with the first one based on functionality.

You might want to check the hyperlink of the first one(225095-thaumcraft-nei-plugin). It is the same as the second one's hyperlink.

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
Based on the links provided, I like visuals of the second one (225009-thaumicnei) but the first one (225095-thaumcraft-nei-plugin) appears to function better. I'll have to go with the first one based on functionality.

You might want to check the hyperlink of the first one(225095-thaumcraft-nei-plugin). It is the same as the second one's hyperlink.
Fixed! thank you!

Reactions: Rastem88

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
It's about time I did this.
itsabouttime.PNG

Internuntius

Jul 29, 2019
Use version 2.1.4

here some crash reports....

http://pastebin.com/3C9ZbLD4
http://pastebin.com/dh1xjMf4
http://pastebin.com/3Hv8rU5R
http://pastebin.com/te4mfQrD
http://pastebin.com/5tmMrvrJ <--- After this crash report it, then ultimately to real crash.

Log Files:
http://pastebin.com/j34vpVBj

There are more Logs, but I can´t post it because they are to big..... they have over 10 MB

The strange thing: The server creates these crash reports while he powers up in Minutentackt and then lubricated after about 45 minutes from final.

He produced every 60 minutes good 100MB of log files, which is not really great for a server with only 5BG HDD

Last edited:

Vals NoisyToys

Jul 29, 2019
v 2.2.1
@GreatOrator I've confirmed that the accumulation of lag-causing 'ghost' entities with the life imbuer from Botania occurs with this version of the modpack as well. It is not caused by either the Optfine mod and/or the Spax texture pack (ie I removed both and it still occurred) as you can see in the screenshot below. The only way to clear these 'ghost' entities and resolve the lag is to save and quit to title and reload the save. Then remove the life imbuer so it doesn't happen all over again.

The accumulation in the screenshot below is from about a half an hour away from the immediate area of the spawner to which I attached the life imbuer.

Eg:
2014-10-28_04.07.38.png
[DOUBLEPOST=1414491864][/DOUBLEPOST]
The next one I will add, but trying to decide on which version - Thaumic NEI adds thaumcraft recipes to NEI search so you don't need to use the thauminomicon. There are two available:
http://minecraft.curseforge.com/mc-mods/225095-thaumcraft-nei-plugin - This one is the one I am leaning towards however.
http://minecraft.curseforge.com/mc-mods/225009-thaumicnei

Let me know what you guys think.

While I'm all for prettiness, I also vote for functionality over visuals. :p

Last edited: