[1.7.10] TolkienCraft II - Adventure Awaits! - v2.9.5[QUESTS][ADVENTURE][NORMAL MODE]

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
so since their is an update coming and since i deleted my world last night after i rage quit trying to find the troll should i just wait for the update to start again? who am i kiddin i can die like 200 more times before the update. im off to kill the wizard have fun guys.
lol, have fun dieing (I know we all do!) Not sure when the update will get pushed to the launcher though, I have submitted it as of the time I posted the changelog, but sometimes they get right to it, sometimes it can take a few days.

Reactions: Vals NoisyToys

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
By the way, i cant really play it...i have severe RAM issues when playing and fps is unstable on min settings, any idea on what to do?
Well, everyone here has gotten results from one or more of these items:
  • @SatanicSanta and his JVM arguments
  • Optifine (I use this too and it doesn't seem to have any issues with this pack)
  • and FastCraft by player
I will say, this is a heavier that normal pack and you should have at least 4-8 GB of system ram so you can allocate 2-3 GB for the game.

cravenhydra78

Jul 29, 2019
Well, everyone here has gotten results from one or more of these items:
  • @SatanicSanta and his JVM arguments
  • Optifine (I use this too and it doesn't seem to have any issues with this pack)
  • and FastCraft by player
I will say, this is a heavier that normal pack and you should have at least 4-8 GB of system ram so you can allocate 2-3 GB for the game.
i just added fastcraft seems to be about the same speed for me should i try adding another or do i replace to try another? sorry im full of questions today. what version of optifine do you recommend. and how can you change what part of your ram is set for the game?

Last edited:

Xolan

Jul 29, 2019
I'll take a look at those today and fix them, I plan to push out an update this weekend so a fix should not be too far off...thank you for reporting!

New version submitted for the launcher! This changelog is a big one. :)

Any chance for a download link to snag it before the launcher updates? :D Also I put out a couple episodes, with a few more recorded and waiting to edit/upload.

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
i just added fastcraft seems to be about the same speed for me should i try adding another or do i replace to try another? sorry im full of questions today. what version of optifine do you recommend. and how can you change what part of your ram is set for the game?
not sure if fastcraft and optifine can both be run at the same time honestly, but you would change memory in the option section of the launcher, you can also do advanced settings there to add the JVM code.
Any chance for a download link to snag it before the launcher updates? :D Also I put out a couple episodes, with a few more recorded and waiting to edit/upload.
there is a spreadsheet I have listed at my website you can usually get the most recent version to download if you want to manually update/use multiMC

I shall add you to the main post and website! (looks like I have another channel to start watching! :) )

Xolan

Jul 29, 2019
not sure if fastcraft and optifine can both be run at the same time honestly, but you would change memory in the option section of the launcher, you can also do advanced settings there to add the JVM code.

there is a spreadsheet I have listed at my website you can usually get the most recent version to download if you want to manually update/use multiMC

I shall add you to the main post and website! (looks like I have another channel to start watching! :) )

You will probably face-palm the first episode because I butchered the quest system. I realized later though and fixed it by the second :D Let me know if theres any info you want me to add through annotations/description or in later episodes though.

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
You will probably face-palm the first episode because I butchered the quest system. I realized later though and fixed it by the second :D Let me know if theres any info you want me to add through annotations/description or in later episodes though.
Will do! will be watching them later tonight or in the morning

Vals NoisyToys

Jul 29, 2019

@cravenhydra78 - I use all three things that @GreatOrator listed: SatanicSanta's jvm arguments, fastcraft, and Optifine HD U A4.

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, so last minute Tinkers posted a mod update that "should" fix the crafting table crash. I am at work right now and if they have not pushed the update to the launcher by the time I get home tonight I will update the mods so you guys can get the fix with the 2.2 update, otherwise it will be in a later update.

Vals NoisyToys

Jul 29, 2019
@GreatOrator - Just downloaded 2.2.0 into a fresh location from the FTB Launcher. It looks /severely/ borked. No Lockdown mod, no template folder in the mods folder. No Tolkiencraft II 2.2.0 on the start up screen. Creating a new world creates a minecraft world as @cravenhydra78 stated above.

Reactions: GreatOrator

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
@GreatOrator - Just downloaded 2.2.0 into a fresh location from the FTB Launcher. It looks /severely/ borked. No Lockdown mod, no template folder in the mods folder. No Tolkiencraft II 2.2.0 on the start up screen. Creating a new world creates a minecraft world as @cravenhydra78 stated above.
What the heck?!?! I just downloaded the zip and everything is there as it should be.....

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
The link I provided them downloads the same file as the spreadsheet....I just sent a message to them to have them take a look...something went wrong with their push, nothing has changed as that is the same exact archive as when I uploaded it and you, I assume, pulled it to do an early update.