[1.7.10] TolkienCraft II - Adventure Awaits! - v2.9.5[QUESTS][ADVENTURE][NORMAL MODE]

Vals NoisyToys

Jul 29, 2019
Just as a reminder, alchemical bling will still be in 2.0.7 since testing results were unavailable before I submitted, so just disable it from the launcher for now. It will be removed from next weeks update.

Glad to see that fixed the crashes, had me worried for a sec!

So first reports back on the crash val reported:
CovertJaguar commented 6 hours ago
This crash is usually caused by a third party mod adding a backpack but not registering the returned item with FML.

Hopefully we don't get pinged back and forth and noone taking responsibility...

Anyone for a round of "It's Not My Problem" mod tennis? :/

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone for a round of "It's Not My Problem" mod tennis? :/
rofl!

Fortunately for me, not the first time I have dealt with that problem.

On other news, @Garret Jax has begun helping come up with some new awesome quest ideas for the pack! I am putting in a few requests today at customnpc's to see how possible certain ideas are and if so, will open up an entirely new dynamic for quests!

Also, been toying around with some ideas brought on by your guys' comments and suggestions, so here's idea number one:

I would like to see what you guys can build, but let me put some guidelines in place.

I am looking for a complete town (overall size is not a real issue, but keep it reasonable) and the theme does have to be similar to the current map. Does not necessarily have to be medieval, could be nordic, or anything really, just as long as it "fits in"

I would like this to be built in a specific general area, to the north beyond the ocean.

This has to be relatively complete, no npc's or such, but buildings. Label what they are so in a walk-through I can see. To submit, make sure you post a few screenshots here (we all would like to see your work) and make a zip of the save folder available for me to download.

The one that I choose will not only get credit in my OP but at my website and they will have an NPC created in-map as well (sorry it is the best I can offer at the moment)

Vals NoisyToys

Jul 29, 2019
rofl!

<snip>
On other news, @Garret Jax has begun helping come up with some new awesome quest ideas for the pack! I am putting in a few requests today at customnpc's to see how possible certain ideas are and if so, will open up an entirely new dynamic for quests!

Also, been toying around with some ideas brought on by your guys' comments and suggestions, so here's idea number one:

I would like to see what you guys can build, but let me put some guidelines in place.
<snip>

Awesome @Garret Jax! :)

If only I could clone myself, I'd love to build a town. :p I'm looking forward to seeing what people come up with!

And, alas, as of 11:10am MDT, no 2.0.7 on the FTB Launcher. :/ I hope it shows up in the next couple of hours or I won't have time to do the copy etc before my stream to prep my world. Crossing my fingers it shows up in time!

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
Sadly I don't have to much time the next couple of days/until end of next week, but I'll see if I can make some time for something. What's the Timeframe we got to submit something?
Well, to be honest take your time, no rush. Would rather have a good quality build than a rushed one.
Awesome @Garret Jax! :)

If only I could clone myself, I'd love to build a town. :p I'm looking forward to seeing what people come up with!

And, alas, as of 11:10am MDT, no 2.0.7 on the FTB Launcher. :/ I hope it shows up in the next couple of hours or I won't have time to do the copy etc before my stream to prep my world. Crossing my fingers it shows up in time!
Sigh, I know, was hoping so too. Sometimes they get to it right away, sometimes they seem to take their time

Vals NoisyToys

Jul 29, 2019
<snip>
Sigh, I know, was hoping so too. Sometimes they get to it right away, sometimes they seem to take their time

I need to take a midstream break today to make supper for the hubby, so if its up during that period, I should have time to update before the 2nd half of the stream. Worst case, I'll update for tomorrow's stream. Unless, of course, it isn't up then yet either. :p

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
Well, for the love of pete! Why is it not up yet?

Seriously though, I wouldn't rush yourself today unless you feel it is necessary, otherwise wait until it is up and you are not mid-stream...lol

Wish I could come watch, but work and all...

Garret Jax

Jul 29, 2019
Didn't get much time to play last night, however what i did was play around with some of my most common mods - Witchery and Railcraft
Noticed texture issue in RC - Cresote oil in the Coke Oven has a Pink Plaid pattern

Reactions: GreatOrator

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
Didn't get much time to play last night, however what i did was play around with some of my most common mods - Witchery and Railcraft
Noticed texture issue in RC - Cresote oil in the Coke Oven has a Pink Plaid pattern
Hmm, that would mean a missing texture. I'll check on it and if so report to CJ

Reactions: Garret Jax

Garret Jax

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm, that would mean a missing texture. I'll check on it and if so report to CJ

If your checking, I didn't have time last night to do this part -- Set up a boiler and check the steam texture too -- Previous experience has shown if ones missing often so is the other.
Might be something overwriting them as well -- since we see the white water in cauldrons

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
If your checking, I didn't have time last night to do this part -- Set up a boiler and check the steam texture too -- Previous experience has shown if ones missing often so is the other.
Might be something overwriting them as well -- since we see the white water in cauldrons
Well, that's possible, though the steam texture was something else, at least in the 1.6 version. The water might be the cause, in which case I go back to mevans because his water "fix" has caused more issues than he may have realized.

Vals NoisyToys

Jul 29, 2019
Well, for the love of pete! Why is it not up yet?

Seriously though, I wouldn't rush yourself today unless you feel it is necessary, otherwise wait until it is up and you are not mid-stream...lol

Wish I could come watch, but work and all...

Hm speaking of not up yet... :( Wonder if it's gotten lost in the cracks?

And yeah. work has a bad habit of interrupting what you want to do, doesn't it? :p

Garret Jax

Jul 29, 2019
Pack appears to be up - but i'm getting and exception while loading

Code:
[19:57:08] [ERROR] in Launcher UTF8Reader.invalidByte:-1->ModpackLoader.run:89: Exception reading modpack file: com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.io.MalformedByteSequenceException: Invalid byte 1 of 1-byte UTF-8 sequence.

Vals NoisyToys

Jul 29, 2019
Pack appears to be up - but i'm getting and exception while loading

Code:
[19:57:08] [ERROR] in Launcher UTF8Reader.invalidByte:-1->ModpackLoader.run:89: Exception reading modpack file: com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.io.MalformedByteSequenceException: Invalid byte 1 of 1-byte UTF-8 sequence.
Hrm, isn't that the same error we saw last time they updated the pack?

Reactions: Garret Jax

lbjodom

Jul 29, 2019
starting new world now givesTCLogo a good, greater, epic, and legendary reward bags Npc wand Mob Cloner, Npc pather, resonating strongbox, fully charged draconic sword, and a cresent hammer?? i think theres something wrong here??
Entering Draconia.jpg

Last edited:

Vals NoisyToys

Jul 29, 2019
Version 2.0.7

starting new world now givesTCLogo a good, greater, epic, and legendary reward bags Npc wand Mob Cloner, Npc pather, resonating strongbox, fully charged draconic sword, and a cresent hammer?? i think theres something wrong here??

Okay, I can confirm that @lbjodom 's issue occurred for me too - basically when you first go into the newly generated world, you start in creative with all of GreatOrator's nifty tools. ;) So for a new player, there is that issue you'll need to address, GreatOrator.

I followed the 'preserve your stuff/base' instructions as per GreatOrator (and re-listed below with my formatting), with the additional step of also removing the AlchemicalBling mod via the launcher before starting to prevent the crash bug associated with that mod.

Update Process:
===============
This is how you will transfer stuff to newly generated worlds from an existing world:
  • After new world generation, save and quit
  • Then go into the folder the pack is installed to in the saves folder
  • You will see the new one and the previous one (by default prior to this update should be called draconis)
  • If you want to keep your stuff:
    • First copy over
      • level.dat
      • backpacks folders
      • mapwriter folder
      • rename the folder for mapwriter to the same as the new world you generated
    • Next, copy over any region files that are NOT the same as the ones created in the new folder (these should be in the region folder by default)
      • VERY important to ONLY copy ones that are NOT in the new folder
If you have placed everything you want in either a newly generated region OR on your person or in backpacks, this SHOULD restore that content to the new map.

Starting up my massaged new world I'm stuck in creative NEI mode (ie the mode where you have all those SAVE buttons along the LH side). Currently I'm trying to figure out how to get out of it. As far as the world goes, my base was fine, Draconis and the Rogue's Tower seemed restored to pre-Val activities. Waiting til I figure out how to get out of creative mode to check quest stuff.

Note: clicking the C in the upper LH part of NEI doesn't seem to 'take'. I can set it to A and when I come back into NEI its C again. I've also tried setting /gamemode s to no avail. Research continues... if anyone knows how to kick out of NEI creative and have it stick that'd be great. :p Perhaps something in the NEI config file...

ETA: I've looked at the config file, but changing cheatmode from 0 to 2 (which is what it was in my NEI client.cfg file for 2.0.6) did nothing at all, and got overwritten back to 0 when I loaded the world. So... I have no clue how to get it out of this mode and I'm too tired to argue with it further for now. Hopefully Great Orator will have an answer for me before I stream tomor.... er later today. :p

Last edited: