[1.7.10] TolkienCraft II - Adventure Awaits! - v2.9.5[QUESTS][ADVENTURE][NORMAL MODE]

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
Hmmm, would have thought the coordinates would have been good enough...lol. But I will take a look and see what I could maybe do. Are you referring to the book you get from the assassin?

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
Alright folks, submitted v2.0.7

Changes:
  • More quest tweaks based on your input
  • about 20-ish more quests added to HQM, more work on the main quest line
  • More config tweaks, also based on input from all you wonderful people!
  • New mods added, Tubes!, Lockdown (more on that in a minute) & Traveller's Gear
    • Traveller's Gear adds a new interface for managing equipment, use the numeric keypad 7 by default
      • Adds three new armor items. The cloak, the pauldron (shoulder pads) and the bracer (arm guards)
    • Tubes add the ducts that have been missing from thermal expansion
    • Most importantly, lockdown - New map generation mod
      • For most, will allow a new map to be generated using a template I have made that is exactly everything I have built
      • For existing players, this will allow you to avoid automatic replacement of your worlds when there are no new changes so you can keep your existing one with the new mod or quest features
      • From the new world screen you can generate a new world, but it will be a clone of the existing template

Ok, so the important part...
  • From testing this is how you will transfer stuff to newly generated worlds from an existing world:
  • After new world generation, save and quit
  • Then go into the folder the pack is installed to in the saves folder
  • You will see the new one and the previous one (by default prior to this update should be called draconis)
    • If you want to keep your stuff:
      • First copy over the level.dat and backpacks folders AND the mapwriter folder and rename the folder for mapwriter to the same as the new world you generated
      • Next, copy over any region files that are NOT the same as the ones created in the new folder (these should be in the region folder by default)
        • VERY important to ONLY copy ones that are NOT in the new folder
    • If you have placed everything you want in either a newly generated region OR on your person or in backpacks, this SHOULD restore that content to the new map.
When I tested this, it worked fine for me, but there is always a possibility that it could mess up one or both worlds to at the very least create a backup of your original world before doing this.

Aside from these instructions...If you guys do not find any breaking map issues that require me to edit the actual map, then next update we will officially move out of beta despite Ars Magica not being ready AND that means the next update existing players will NOT have to update their maps since literally nothing will have changed map wise from this update!

As Always Happy Mining!

Garret Jax

Jul 29, 2019
Hmmm, would have thought the coordinates would have been good enough...lol. But I will take a look and see what I could maybe do. Are you referring to the book you get from the assassin?
This was in the HQM book, not the lorebook part of the quest. The co-ordinates are alright - that works, I'm just suggesting some context with them to not be as 4th wall breaking to go with it.

Reactions: GreatOrator

Vals NoisyToys

Jul 29, 2019
<snip>
Ok, point to test, it may have been alchemical bling causing the crash. Since that one won;t be world breaking, can anyone test by disabling it in the launcher and then run around their map trying to cause the crash again and report back?

Version: 2.0.6

I removed Alchemical Bling and tested. Results: No crash.
I reverted the save, put the mod back, and retested: Crash.

So... I think that answers your question. :p Sorry I didn't get this tested til today. I think I'm gonna remove Alchemical Bling... at least til they fix the crash.

=============
Also, yesterday I did get a crash during my stream. Based on the crash log it seems to be related to autodumping picked up cobble/dirt into my big backpack which is in the backpack slot (I was mining out a room at the time). If it happens again with the new version when its available, I'll get you the details.

Garret Jax

Jul 29, 2019
I keep getting a minor error when i start
Not sure what mod is trying to connect to minecraft realms -- but i frequently get told my client is out of date and it closes the map, i have to re-select SP game to get it back

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019

So... I think that answers your question. :p Sorry I didn't get this tested til today. I think I'm gonna remove Alchemical Bling... at least til they fix the crash.

=============
Also, yesterday I did get a crash during my stream. Based on the crash log it seems to be related to autodumping picked up cobble/dirt into my big backpack which is in the backpack slot (I was mining out a room at the time). If it happens again with the new version when its available, I'll get you the details.
Thank you for that. I will simply remove it going forward (content-wise it does not add anything major and with plenty of other options for jewelry, won't be missed).

If you have the crash log from the backpack issue, send it over, I'll look into it and see if it was a one-off or I need to report it.
I keep getting a minor error when i start
Not sure what mod is trying to connect to minecraft realms -- but i frequently get told my client is out of date and it closes the map, i have to re-select SP game to get it back
That is because your client is out of date (we are on 1.7.10 after all) and realms is at 1.8 now. Be patient when you see it flash to another screen, it does it to me too but it eventually finishes loading.

Garret Jax

Jul 29, 2019
That is because your client is out of date (we are on 1.7.10 after all) and realms is at 1.8 now. Be patient when you see it flash to another screen, it does it to me too but it eventually finishes loading.

Is that something new that vanilla minecraft checks, or is it one of the mods trying to hit the relams,I haven't seen it in other packs I've played where I'm on older clients

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
Well, the realms being out of date is vanilla, the lag and temporary jump back to either the server or main screen has something to do with one or more mods (haven't managed to track down who, but it hasn't done anything besides make me think MC is not loading)

Reactions: Garret Jax

Garret Jax

Jul 29, 2019
Some bugs in the other quest pages -- Not able to manual detect itesm for quest turn in.
Was playing around with witchery tonight was able to turn in the first set of items for the magic quest page. I see this is still a work in progress so I might be treading into areas that are under construction
2nd tier of quests there aren't detecting properly both witchery and blood magic i tried to turn in the items i built -- neither detected
Might also suggest switching the items for the inital magic quest and the 1st blood magic specific one -- you need the Altar and dagger to make the blood orb -- right now I've turned in the blood orb, and next quest wants me to turn in the two things i used to make the blood orb - just seems a bit backwards to me

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
Some bugs in the other quest pages -- Not able to manual detect itesm for quest turn in.
Was playing around with witchery tonight was able to turn in the first set of items for the magic quest page. I see this is still a work in progress so I might be treading into areas that are under construction
2nd tier of quests there aren't detecting properly both witchery and blood magic i tried to turn in the items i built -- neither detected
Might also suggest switching the items for the inital magic quest and the 1st blood magic specific one -- you need the Altar and dagger to make the blood orb -- right now I've turned in the blood orb, and next quest wants me to turn in the two things i used to make the blood orb - just seems a bit backwards to me
I'll make those changes and check the detection again. Yeah they are definitely a WIP as most of the other magic mods besides thaumcraft I have only just started using so not entirely familiar with the order of progression. I'll get those corrected by next update (since this week was already submitted)

Reactions: kittana

Vals NoisyToys

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you for that. I will simply remove it going forward (content-wise it does not add anything major and with plenty of other options for jewelry, won't be missed).

If you have the crash log from the backpack issue, send it over, I'll look into it and see if it was a one-off or I need to report it.
<snip>

You're welcome. :) Here's the link for the backpack crash: http://pastebin.com/fehijnSg

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
You're welcome. :) Here's the link for the backpack crash: http://pastebin.com/fehijnSg
Thank you once again! I have reported to both chickenbones and eydamos. Can't wait till the weekend so I can watch you stream!

Found out possibly why the quests were broken, precise detection is really picky...so turned them all into fuzzy. should be fixed in the next update.

Last edited:

kittana

Jul 29, 2019

=============

I was able to get in to my crashed world as well after removing alchemical bling.. Thanks so much GO - I am in the process of moving my chests and stuff to a safe point now for the map update.

Garret Jax

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you once again! I have reported to both chickenbones and eydamos. Can't wait till the weekend so I can watch you stream!

Found out possibly why the quests were broken, precise detection is really picky...so turned them all into fuzzy. should be fixed in the next update.

Awesome - Looking forward to it; haven't seen 2.07 up yet on the launcher as of leaving for work this AM

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
Just as a reminder, alchemical bling will still be in 2.0.7 since testing results were unavailable before I submitted, so just disable it from the launcher for now. It will be removed from next weeks update.

Glad to see that fixed the crashes, had me worried for a sec!

So first reports back on the crash val reported:
CovertJaguar commented 6 hours ago
This crash is usually caused by a third party mod adding a backpack but not registering the returned item with FML.

Hopefully we don't get pinged back and forth and noone taking responsibility...

Last edited:
Reactions: kittana