[1.7.10] TolkienCraft II - Adventure Awaits! - v2.9.5[QUESTS][ADVENTURE][NORMAL MODE]

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
Cool! A mob drop buyer would work. I realize there is an issue with not making too much coin available too easily. :p So perhaps they should buy the things that drop less frequently solely from the mobs and only the common drops that can't be produced elsewhere, and full stacks of those common drops at that. Eg (prices just for example :p) 1 stack of zombie flesh = 1 coin. 1 zombie head = 1 coin. If there aren't any creeper spawners available to farm (and no way to auto-spawn them), then I suggest creeper heads ought to be worth more. Same with enderman heads.
That sounds like a fair price. :)
Well, tell you guys what, you come up with what you think is fair and equitable and I'll see what I'll do (already created the NPC for it, just waiting to see what you guys come up with)

Garret Jax

Jul 29, 2019
Witches Quest seems to have buggered on me - guard outside the wall wont talk to me, just says he busy
killed the boss witch, but still nadda

Reactions: GreatOrator

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
Witches Quest seems to have buggered on me - guard outside the wall wont talk to me, just says he busy
killed the boss witch, but still nadda
In the quest log what does it say you have to do? At work today so won't be able to look into it till this evening. Are you on step I II or III? I know in step III you have to turn two items in to complete and if you have them and it is not, I may have to change the items needed.

Reactions: Garret Jax

Vals NoisyToys

Jul 29, 2019
Version: 2.0.5Val
* mobs that appear at night don't start burning in the day until they actually move This is a problem when its a skeleton - it shotguns you until you get
close enough to make it move :/ I confirmed that this happened every MC day for about 3 days (at which point I stopped checking). Location: -117, 1274
* blocks from the tower dungeon on the hill by the town don't stack with blocks of the same name, although you can still use them like usual (seen with stone bricks, torchs, oak wood, cobblestone to name a few I've noticed.
* sphax resource pack really needs to be updated for new tinker's blocks For eg: the stencil table has changed so with the pack on, you can only really make the first recipe - the updated block interface has the patterns on the left, not in a clickable arrow menu now. You can't see the patterns to select with the resource pack on. :/ So I had to remove the pack. I'm sure there are likely other interface updates too, and possibly not just for tinkers. It was just fortunate that I noticed it on a block interface I was familiar with so I knew stuff was missing.
* just outside city walls - when I tilled the ground and then broke a planted seed after, I didn't get the seed back (happened with pumpkin, melon, wheat). Location: -285, 995

That's it for today's bug report. :)

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
Version: 2.0.5Val
* mobs that appear at night don't start burning in the day until they actually move This is a problem when its a skeleton - it shotguns you until you get
close enough to make it move :/ I confirmed that this happened every MC day for about 3 days (at which point I stopped checking). Location: -117, 1274
* blocks from the tower dungeon on the hill by the town don't stack with blocks of the same name, although you can still use them like usual (seen with stone bricks, torchs, oak wood, cobblestone to name a few I've noticed.
* sphax resource pack really needs to be updated for new tinker's blocks For eg: the stencil table has changed so with the pack on, you can only really make the first recipe - the updated block interface has the patterns on the left, not in a clickable arrow menu now. You can't see the patterns to select with the resource pack on. :/ So I had to remove the pack. I'm sure there are likely other interface updates too, and possibly not just for tinkers. It was just fortunate that I noticed it on a block interface I was familiar with so I knew stuff was missing.
* just outside city walls - when I tilled the ground and then broke a planted seed after, I didn't get the seed back (happened with pumpkin, melon, wheat). Location: -285, 995

That's it for today's bug report. :)
Well, first off, let me address the witch quest brought to my attention by @Garret Jax , I missed adding the dialog to the captain (doh!) will be fixed in the update as well as functionally a complete rework of some aspects of the quest chains from npcs. I will have more info as I get it finalized.

I noticed the burning too, and been trying to track it down, but have had no luck yet. I assume one of the mods is the cause.

I am thinking that roguelike dungeons must do something to the meta data of the blocks when the dungeons are built that is causing it. Only see this issue when dealing with blocks that have interracted in some way with the dungeons. Will report it to him and see what he says.

The resource pack is definitely a WIP and I check it every other day or so to see if the individual packs are updated. I will most certainly update everyone as the pack is more fleshed out.

I will look into the seed thing at those coordinates in the morning. I made huge strides in many of the issues you guys have brought to my attention and here's hoping that I didn't break any quests trying to make them work...lol (there are over 200 dialogs/quests I have to weed through)

Tyqae

Jul 29, 2019
I want to start this with stating I do not own a very good (new) computer by any means, but I am confused how I am running from 1300 - 1700 MB almost instantly just by standing still.. >_< The intensity of the world makes me sad.. So needless to say I was unable to play a lot, my computer simply started lagging too much before I could wander much past the fountain :(

That being said, I do feel I should post something I noticed before closing the console. My launcher console was being spammed, or what I perceived as spam. I cut the log after loading into the world down to the end and then put it on pastebin, since it was too long to put here...and I had closed the client by then.

Console Log (You'll see the things I considered spam, but again that may not be...it may just be console spam on load? >_> I hope not)

I did find this...
C6fYMqT.png
If it's not supposed to be there, it may be that? Otherwise if this is an actual spoiler for something else I can remove it >_>

I did enjoy the layout and design, at least what I saw. I do love CustomNPCs. But without a server to take the world load off my system I really can't play it :(

As a funny (and probably pathing issue to note) thing for my odd post to end with... I wonder how the water is.
sOmqenx.png

MissLid

Jul 29, 2019
I want to start this with stating I do not own a very good (new) computer by any means, but I am confused how I am running from 1300 - 1700 MB almost instantly just by standing still.. >_< The intensity of the world makes me sad.. So needless to say I was unable to play a lot, my computer simply started lagging too much before I could wander much past the fountain :(

That being said, I do feel I should post something I noticed before closing the console. My launcher console was being spammed, or what I perceived as spam. I cut the log after loading into the world down to the end and then put it on pastebin, since it was too long to put here...and I had closed the client by then.

Console Log (You'll see the things I considered spam, but again that may not be...it may just be console spam on load? >_> I hope not)

I have had the same issue with lag and the 'console spam'. I have a rather good PC so I lasted for an hour before it was unplayable. Last night I updated Java (just in case) and I lasted 3 hours, today, before the lag started to show. Oddly, it happens whenever I try to move things in and out of a crafting table or the personal 4x grid.

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
I have noticed some issues with mechworks myself, so will be testing today to see if disabling it alleviates some of the console spam (most of the parts are broken with no word on a fix as of yet so we'll see)

The guard, yeah, that has been reported, and not sure why he is deciding to take breaks and swim, but I think I have set him straight in the next update, we'll see.

Garret Jax

Jul 29, 2019
In the quest log what does it say you have to do? At work today so won't be able to look into it till this evening. Are you on step I II or III? I know in step III you have to turn two items in to complete and if you have them and it is not, I may have to change the items needed.

Think it was the first part -- i picked it up in the pub (DnD Cliche I know)
I lost most of my items due to gravestones bug so I haven't really wanted to take another crack at witches quest - need to level up another battle axe.

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
Think it was the first part -- i picked it up in the pub (DnD Cliche I know)
I lost most of my items due to gravestones bug so I haven't really wanted to take another crack at witches quest - need to level up another battle axe.
Ya, I responded a bit back. Found what the problem was and SHOULD be fixed in the update. I am trying to get some quests finished, but works has slowed me down so the update may be mostly bufixes (but then that is what beta is all about isn't it? lol)

Garret Jax

Jul 29, 2019
Ya, I responded a bit back. Found what the problem was and SHOULD be fixed in the update. I am trying to get some quests finished, but works has slowed me down so the update may be mostly bufixes (but then that is what beta is all about isn't it? lol)

Thanks -- I did see you earlier note. I'll probably not be doing much with the pack for a couple days.
My work gets hectic early in the week - keener devs who work over-time on the weekends just to keep me busy
Hopefully by the time I'm caught up here I'll be able to have a look at your bugfix release :D

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks -- I did see you earlier note. I'll probably not be doing much with the pack for a couple days.
My work gets hectic early in the week - keener devs who work over-time on the weekends just to keep me busy
Hopefully by the time I'm caught up here I'll be able to have a look at your bugfix release :D
My plan is tonight finish up polishing the fixes, and try to at least get more of the main questline worked on to put a release up by wednesday which means I have to submit the update by tomorrow afternoon.

And totally get the busy first of the week! :D

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
Ok ladies and gents. I am in the process of uploading the update v2.0.6.

First, changelog...
Basically MAJOR quests fixes and in some cases overhauled. Taking feedback from you guys you should see as you progress towards the back-end of the series how everything will tie-in and yes, eventually lead you to middle-earth.
Overhaul also included better organization (still a little work) but all quests should now work up to the ones I have yet to finish, and dialogs should be better reflective of current quest progression (some opening dialogs will change based on what you have completed)

HQM has had a few changes. The bakers and witch quest no longer need items to complete and are now location based. You will still need to give the items to the npcs though.

Map tweaks, mostly decorative and ambiance. Let me know what you think.

Second...And this is important. If you want to continue your progression, nothing should change quest-wise updating. HOWEVER, if you want to keep anything you have found, you will need to do the following:

BEFORE updating, carry everything you can on your character. copy the level.dat file to your desktop, then after updating, copy it back into the folder and overwrite the one there, this will keep whatever you had in your inventory.

If you want to keep any builds...sorry, the down side of beta or map updates in general, is I have no way to do that. I have plans going forward to help with this, but ultimately being beta some things I cannot avoid at the moment which is why I am doing as much as I can before the "stable" release comes

The quests changed or added should not affect your current progression as those are saved in completely different places that what is loaded during updates. Just in case, always backup everything beforehand.

The update SHOULD be available by wednesday afternoon. Also keep in mind that the intention is that in the fully function version, players SHOULD avoid building withing the regions that come with the pack to avoid losing stuff as much as possible (god I wish mystcraft was ready).

Vals NoisyToys

Jul 29, 2019
<snip>
BEFORE updating, carry everything you can on your character. copy the level.dat file to your desktop, then after updating, copy it back into the folder and overwrite the one there, this will keep whatever you had in your inventory.

If you want to keep any builds...sorry, the down side of beta or map updates in general, is I have no way to do that. I have plans going forward to help with this, but ultimately being beta some things I cannot avoid at the moment which is why I am doing as much as I can before the "stable" release comes

The quests changed or added should not affect your current progression as those are saved in completely different places that what is loaded during updates. Just in case, always backup everything beforehand.

The update SHOULD be available by wednesday afternoon. Also keep in mind that the intention is that in the fully function version, players SHOULD avoid building withing the regions that come with the pack to avoid losing stuff as much as possible (god I wish mystcraft was ready).

Yay for the update. :) I knew building anywhere near or in the city would get turfed, but I figured until things stabilize and you have a way of us keeping builds outside the pack region it doesn't really matter what I do, or where. It'll all get stomped on for the time being.

Thanks for the info on how to keep our goods, I'll try get that done on Tues (off-stream) which means I need more backpacks to stash all my goods on my person by Wed.

Thanks for all the hard work, GreatOrator. :)

Garret Jax

Jul 29, 2019

First, changelog...
Basically MAJOR quests fixes and in some cases overhauled. Taking feedback from you guys you should see as you progress towards the back-end of the series how everything will tie-in and yes, eventually lead you to middle-earth.
Overhaul also included better organization (still a little work) but all quests should now work up to the ones I have yet to finish, and dialogs should be better reflective of current quest progression (some opening dialogs will change based on what you have completed)

HQM has had a few changes. The bakers and witch quest no longer need items to complete and are now location based. You will still need to give the items to the npcs though.

Map tweaks, mostly decorative and ambiance. Let me know what you think.

Second...And this is important. If you want to continue your progression, nothing should change quest-wise updating. HOWEVER, if you want to keep anything you have found, you will need to do the following:

Hooray for update!
Looking forward to getting to play around with it. good on the way to save some items. To bad about builds, kinda knew that would happen so haven't' really built much so far -- mostly just shacked up with whichever npc was closest to where i was working - smith for smeltery and baker for chests

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
Yay for the update. :) I knew building anywhere near or in the city would get turfed, but I figured until things stabilize and you have a way of us keeping builds outside the pack region it doesn't really matter what I do, or where. It'll all get stomped on for the time being.

Thanks for the info on how to keep our goods, I'll try get that done on Tues (off-stream) which means I need more backpacks to stash all my goods on my person by Wed.

Thanks for all the hard work, GreatOrator. :)
Hooray for update!
Looking forward to getting to play around with it. good on the way to save some items. To bad about builds, kinda knew that would happen so haven't' really built much so far -- mostly just shacked up with whichever npc was closest to where i was working - smith for smeltery and baker for chests
Thanks for the support guys!

Update should now be available from the launcher. Let me know what you think and I did find a bug of my own (well, not really a bug, just have to rearrange some HQM quests) but interested to see what you guys find!

Reactions: Vals NoisyToys

Vals NoisyToys

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the support guys!

Update should now be available from the launcher. Let me know what you think and I did find a bug of my own (well, not really a bug, just have to rearrange some HQM quests) but interested to see what you guys find!

Hm having an issue getting the launcher to load up. I'm going to try with a fresh FTB install and see if that works, but here is the message I'm getting:

Loading modpack information for tolkienadv2.xml...
Exception reading modpack file: com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.io.MalformedByteSequenceException: Invalid byte 1 of 1-byte UTF-8 sequence.

ETA: All right, this error is occuring on a fresh install as well. I'm sure the FTB team has been notified because this error would be happening for everyone, but I'm going to see if there is anything posted on the forums.

Last edited:

jimmytrouser

Jul 29, 2019
Hm having an issue getting the launcher to load up. I'm going to try with a fresh FTB install and see if that works, but here is the message I'm getting:

Loading modpack information for tolkienadv2.xml...
Exception reading modpack file: com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.io.MalformedByteSequenceException: Invalid byte 1 of 1-byte UTF-8 sequence.

ETA: All right, this error is occuring on a fresh install as well. I'm sure the FTB team has been notified because this error would be happening for everyone, but I'm going to see if there is anything posted on the forums.

Me too. I'm getting the same error: Loading modpack information for tolkienadv2.xml...

Vals NoisyToys

Jul 29, 2019
Me too. I'm getting the same error: Loading modpack information for tolkienadv2.xml...

I'm hoping this is due to it being updated. Based on previous error reports on the FTB tech forum that are similar, simply waiting and trying again fixed it - well, from a user's perspective anyway! I'll check again in a bit. I sure hope its sorted before 2pm MDT tho, I have a stream to start then. :p