[1.7.10] TolkienCraft II - Adventure Awaits! - v2.9.5[QUESTS][ADVENTURE][NORMAL MODE]

Vals NoisyToys

Jul 29, 2019
* I can confirm that the flux phage is still around at the commander's area. I spread it all over town. :p Patient Zero strikes again! Muahaha *cough*
* if you accidentally put the baker's package down, it becomes the basic item (long crate). After that the baker no longer recognizes the package as what he wants. I fixed this myself by going to the anvil, renaming it to "Baker's Package". At that point I was able to give it to the baker and finish the quest properly. I also forgot to do a manual detect on the HQM quest (so I can confirm it isn't autodetecting in 2.0.5, at least not reliably). Going to see if I can do the baker's quest again. :p
Hm. Well the baker allowed me to ask him for something to do, and he gave me the 'go get something from the farmer' speech, but no quest came up in the ~ npc quest tab. I went to the farmer anyway, and he didn't recognize that I had come from the baker. So... I decided to make a long crate and name it 'Baker's Package'. Did that... and HQM had already auto-detected it, I didn't have to hit 'Manual Submit'. Maybe, because I crafted it? Wierd. In any case, there is a workaround if someone gets stuck by not doing the HQM quest first. :p Checked back with the baker and he didn't recognize the package and I assume that is because there was no ~ npc quest for it.

Okay... time for me to sleep. :p

Last edited:
Reactions: GreatOrator

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
Woo! Thanks for the shout-out, GreatOrator. :)

I'm downloading 2.0.5 right now and I'll give it a quick look tonight to see if I notice any issues, at least up to the point at which we left the stream at today. Will the fixes you put in 2.0.5 require me to restart the stream map? Just wondering about flags and the like related to hqm.

Thank ya!
Val

The update SHOULDN'T do anything negative for the quests because of the way they are saved in the system. However, I am trying to work out a method of updates that will bypass my need to include the map every update. The HQM and customNPC quests are saved in separate directories from what I am seeing so as long as I don't make any map level changes I SHOULD be able to simply update everything else which SHOULD maintain the level.dat that the map has if you are not updating it.

Honestly this map inclusion is something new to me (as you have seen with the bugs) and still trying to get it 100% figured out so once again thank you all for all the reports and help!

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
As a side note: I blieve I overlooked a comment about the bandits. They are not supposed to spawn in the map. They have a hidden base of operations you need to find to eliminate them and I deliberately have only provided one clue as to their wherabouts (can't make everything easy now can I? :) )

Reactions: Garret Jax

coolbrz

Jul 29, 2019
I havent really made it too far, mainly was mining/gathering, still sitting on the kill 20/50/50 quest(s), couple skellies to go, will get that later today.

I built my base a bit of a ways away, far enough to unload draconia i think...at any rate, i hung out there for awhile and made sure my flux was all gone. Went back to the city and no one was affected any longer.

Not sure if it might come back or i got lucky. So give it a try if you get flux phage or whatever it is, dont wander around town as other town people catch it from you, head away, possibly far enough to unload the barracks area, wait for it to clear off yourself and head back and check it out.

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
I havent really made it too far, mainly was mining/gathering, still sitting on the kill 20/50/50 quest(s), couple skellies to go, will get that later today.

I built my base a bit of a ways away, far enough to unload draconia i think...at any rate, i hung out there for awhile and made sure my flux was all gone. Went back to the city and no one was affected any longer.

Not sure if it might come back or i got lucky. So give it a try if you get flux phage or whatever it is, dont wander around town as other town people catch it from you, head away, possibly far enough to unload the barracks area, wait for it to clear off yourself and head back and check it out.
Good suggestion. I plan on spending some time clearing out that dreaded plague this weekend once and for all hopefully. Will also be working on the HQM book to get some of the later quests completed as well.

Since you guys have helped clear most of the annoying bugs (still trying to come up with an alternative to the item detect quests) I can comfortably get back to work on additional content so hoping what will be included in the next regular update!

Xsi93

Jul 29, 2019
Hi, i've played this modpack and it's awesome, is a early early beta but is yet wonderfull. I have a channel on youtube, may i make some video? And ask few questions? (sorry for my english but i'm italian ;))

Garret Jax

Jul 29, 2019
The update SHOULDN'T do anything negative for the quests because of the way they are saved in the system. However, I am trying to work out a method of updates that will bypass my need to include the map every update. The HQM and customNPC quests are saved in separate directories from what I am seeing so as long as I don't make any map level changes I SHOULD be able to simply update everything else which SHOULD maintain the level.dat that the map has if you are not updating it.

Honestly this map inclusion is something new to me (as you have seen with the bugs) and still trying to get it 100% figured out so once again thank you all for all the reports and help!

I don't know how JaddedCat does it, but it would be nice if you could set the map as a seperate download the way the AS one is
Probably need an in with the FTB guys though.[DOUBLEPOST=1410458689][/DOUBLEPOST]

In all my runs so far at this modpack i haven't got that one finished yet; hoping this weekend to get it cleared - maybe build a mobfarm to get the creepers (skellies and zombies I've gotten from the graveyard)

ferrarinu

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the quick updates, my son and I are eagerly looking forward to this mod pack. I'll be giving the update a run through today. Will let you know if there is anything else I find.
My plan for the Commander and the flux phage is to stand back far enough to not catch it and wait for him to lose it. I believe it should take less than 4 minutes. Hopefully that will prevent spreading of it around town. I'm going to do that first, will let you know if it works.

Thanks again! Great pack!

ferrarinu

Jul 29, 2019
One thing I have noticed, it may have been mentioned already. When you complete a quest and accept the reward, the quest book says there is a reward available. I am not able to claim the reward more than once, but the claim button does not go away either.

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
One thing I have noticed, it may have been mentioned already. When you complete a quest and accept the reward, the quest book says there is a reward available. I am not able to claim the reward more than once, but the claim button does not go away either.
Yeah, that was a bug Val noticed in her stream and is on my list this weekend to track down or report. But at least this confirms it is definitely a bug of some kind. Thank you. And certainly, let me know how you and your son enjoy it! :)

ferrarinu

Jul 29, 2019
Hi GreatOrator,
Was able to get past the first few quests pretty well. We really like the map idea.

I am seeing something odd to the south outside the walls. I have what looks like harvestcraft trees, but there is not actualy a tree. Just the fruit hanging from the trees. I have seen a half dozen or so of these so far. Also, some lighting issues where plants and other objects are not getting light properly until a block update occurs.

Have you seen this? I have 6gb of ram allocated to Minecraft so I'm not sure that would be the problem.

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
Hi GreatOrator,
Was able to get past the first few quests pretty well. We really like the map idea.

I am seeing something odd to the south outside the walls. I have what looks like harvestcraft trees, but there is not actualy a tree. Just the fruit hanging from the trees. I have seen a half dozen or so of these so far. Also, some lighting issues where plants and other objects are not getting light properly until a block update occurs.

Have you seen this? I have 6gb of ram allocated to Minecraft so I'm not sure that would be the problem.
Yes, the fruit is still a WIP, lol...

When I first started on the map and removed trees the fruit stayed in place and I have slowly been removing it as I see it when building and such, so not a bug really.

The lighting is something I am trying to figure out. Had a couple of item crashes that I had to use mcedit to remove the items and those black areas are the result. I have a special item created that I use to force updates on a large scale, but for some reason they do not seem to save though the problem has gotten better.

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
Omg I love this one! In the last one I just couldn't understand what the pack was about but now with the Quest Mod and such. I feel this modpack is way better than its previous self
Thank you very much! This is what I had envisioned with the previous pack but the mods just weren't quite there to make it all happen so glad to see everyone enjoying it like I hoped!

SIDE NOTE: Would be VERY helpful if I could get some love for my posts (likes), my ratio has taken a huge hit lately :)

Garret Jax

Jul 29, 2019
Postal worker still randomly throws stamps at me
Wooden Grave (flat on ground, looks like a mat) showing up in front of General shop ? Saw in 2.0.4 as well
Turned in First part of Walk around quest (3 items from the shops) king gave me his cash, but not offer anything new

Backpack drops its own grave
Grave marker is often some disatance from where i die
would be nice if didn't need pick to break grave

Died a lot in that dungeon. still need to get more creepers killed

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
Postal worker still randomly throws stamps at me
Wooden Grave (flat on ground, looks like a mat) showing up in front of General shop ? Saw in 2.0.4 as well
Turned in First part of Walk around quest (3 items from the shops) king gave me his cash, but not offer anything new

Backpack drops its own grave
Grave marker is often some disatance from where i die
would be nice if didn't need pick to break grave

Died a lot in that dungeon. still need to get more creepers killed
Postal worker should be giving stamps actually, though occasionally a letter.
Wooden grave is from a dead villager...cleaned up in next update.
He should offer you the kill quest for zombies, skeles, etc...after the quest complete and you talk to him again.

Grave issues not much I can do to fix that, placement is based on what it feels is the nearest location to your death, sometimes places in odd places. The backpack with it's own grave, that's a new one actually. Will need to test it.

You can just break the block underneath and it will release all your items

I plan on possibly lowering the requirements numbers wise for that quest actually

Garret Jax

Jul 29, 2019
Postal worker should be giving stamps actually, though occasionally a letter.
Wooden grave is from a dead villager...cleaned up in next update.
He should offer you the kill quest for zombies, skeles, etc...after the quest complete and you talk to him again.
Grave issues not much I can do to fix that, placement is based on what it feels is the nearest location to your death, sometimes places in odd places. The backpack with it's own grave, that's a new one actually. Will need to test it.
You can just break the block underneath and it will release all your items
Yeah, know he should offer me the quest, as i've been though that part about once a release - not sure why he didn't
backpack seems to happen when i was wearing the backpack (shift B) and equip it in slot
also had weirdness not being able to re-equip it till after i had held shift and moused over the pack in inventory -- but that's probably a bug for that mod dev
I'll test the block below idea, I think i tried that before and ended up with a floating grave