[1.7.10] TolkienCraft II - Adventure Awaits! - v2.9.5[QUESTS][ADVENTURE][NORMAL MODE]

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
-sooo much info...lol-
Excellent, I may add a page on my main site to showcase the actual videos...thinking about ideas, and awesome for the reports. If all goes well I SHOULD have an updated version before your next stream.

The only caveat I will put to building in middle earth is that the mod tends to have enourmous amounts of content when they update which usually results in a map reset being neccessary to take advantage (next update is supposed to have automatically generated roads no less) so keep that in mind when you build there. Of all the mods in the pack it is the most highly developmental mod for sheer content added each update.

Reactions: Vals NoisyToys

Garret Jax

Jul 29, 2019
Ran into another issue this evening - King has de spawned/disappeared on me after turning in his first quest

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
Ran into another issue this evening - King has de spawned/disappeared on me after turning in his first quest
Make sure to note the time. many of the npc's go to bed at night. since pathfinding can be a pain for them they will sometimes just "teleport" to their nightime positions.

I did however find the source of the spawn issue...will do more testing to find out. and noted to mention the day night cycle with npcs in the hqm book.

Vals NoisyToys

Jul 29, 2019
Excellent, I may add a page on my main site to showcase the actual videos...thinking about ideas, and awesome for the reports. If all goes well I SHOULD have an updated version before your next stream.

The only caveat I will put to building in middle earth is that the mod tends to have enourmous amounts of content when they update which usually results in a map reset being neccessary to take advantage (next update is supposed to have automatically generated roads no less) so keep that in mind when you build there. Of all the mods in the pack it is the most highly developmental mod for sheer content added each update.

Cool! re updated version. :) Based on your caveat, I might hold off on building for the moment. I do want to be able to see new stuff. :p I'm not that familiar with resetting maps (or portions there-of), so am I correct in assuming that if a map reset is required that basically'll mean I should restart the whole map from day 0, or is there a way to just update the maps but keep character data, waypoints, and the like? If I can just update the maps to get the cool new stuff, then I'll look into how that's done so I'm ready. :)

Thanks!
Val

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
well, with the lotr maps, unless you plan on exploring a huge area you can usually just keep going and new chunks will update with the new stuff, and since I am not doing anything with it go for it.

However, watching your stream, make sure you are actually in middle-earth. that npc on the boat actually teleports you to another part of the overworld. There is a way to get there by portal, but you have to figure out which quests to complete to open access (hint: it is in the building you mentioned you couldn't get into yet and is linked to an HQM quest early on)

Garret Jax

Jul 29, 2019
Make sure to note the time. many of the npc's go to bed at night. since pathfinding can be a pain for them they will sometimes just "teleport" to their nightime positions.

I did however find the source of the spawn issue...will do more testing to find out. and noted to mention the day night cycle with npcs in the hqm book.

I camped out in the throne room and also waiting at night in the royal bedroom (totally not creepy right) Queen showed up and two of the princes but no king

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
well, in the bedroom they no longer respond, only during the day.

Wait for daytime in the throne room, they should all make their way back

Side note: Apparently I did not know but player data is stored differently in single player maps vs server. Will be fixed in the next update (which I actually am going to try to get everything here fixed and submitted for an update for you guys for tomorrow)

Side-Side note:

This update you will need to delete the tolkiencraftII folder before downloading the update WHEN it comes available AND, figured out the issue with the baker...if you right click with the package in hand you open it and it becomes invalid...DON'T RIGHT CLICK! lol

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, uploading the update v2.0.3 fixes:
Baker's Quest, changed out the item you get to remove risk of accidental right clicking
Found the cause of death sounds under dock...fixed
Testing shows spawn issue fixed as well
Few other tweaks I found and various mods updated since last posted update.

Please, to best test this update, when it is available on the launcher, please delete old TolkienCraftII folder before updating. Any progress you made will be lost BUT you'll be able to play the proper way I think this time, and thank you guys again for bug testing this and being awesome!

Vals NoisyToys

Jul 29, 2019
well, with the lotr maps, unless you plan on exploring a huge area you can usually just keep going and new chunks will update with the new stuff, and since I am not doing anything with it go for it.

However, watching your stream, make sure you are actually in middle-earth. that npc on the boat actually teleports you to another part of the overworld. There is a way to get there by portal, but you have to figure out which quests to complete to open access (hint: it is in the building you mentioned you couldn't get into yet and is linked to an HQM quest early on)

Ah gotcha. Okay, I'll try to restrain my wanderlust for a while then. :p

But... but... he said he was sending me to Middle-Earth! The dirty liar! I'll stick to the quest lines then. *grumbles about lying sailors*[DOUBLEPOST=1410162260][/DOUBLEPOST]
Ok, uploading the update v2.0.3 fixes:
Baker's Quest, changed out the item you get to remove risk of accidental right clicking
Found the cause of death sounds under dock...fixed
Testing shows spawn issue fixed as well
Few other tweaks I found and various mods updated since last posted update.

Please, to best test this update, when it is available on the launcher, please delete old TolkienCraftII folder before updating. Any progress you made will be lost BUT you'll be able to play the proper way I think this time, and thank you guys again for bug testing this and being awesome!

Awesome quick fixes! Out of curiosity, what was suffocating under the dock? A NPC? An immortal squid? Garret Jax's missing King? :p I'll be sure to turf my old folder and redownload then for Wednesday's stream. :)

Reactions: GreatOrator

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
Ah gotcha. Okay, I'll try to restrain my wanderlust for a while then. :p

But... but... he said he was sending me to Middle-Earth! The dirty liar! I'll stick to the quest lines then. *grumbles about lying sailors*[DOUBLEPOST=1410162260][/DOUBLEPOST]

Awesome quick fixes! Out of curiosity, what was suffocating under the dock? A NPC? An immortal squid? Garret Jax's missing King? :p I'll be sure to turf my old folder and redownload then for Wednesday's stream. :)
Both of the guard NPCs that were patrolling the docs had fallen through and were drowning. I filled in the rest of the area underneath and reset them so they are back to work like they should have been!

Garret Jax

Jul 29, 2019
well, in the bedroom they no longer respond, only during the day.

Wait for daytime in the throne room, they should all make their way back

Side note: Apparently I did not know but player data is stored differently in single player maps vs server. Will be fixed in the next update (which I actually am going to try to get everything here fixed and submitted for an update for you guys for tomorrow)

Side-Side note:

This update you will need to delete the tolkiencraftII folder before downloading the update WHEN it comes available AND, figured out the issue with the baker...if you right click with the package in hand you open it and it becomes invalid...DON'T RIGHT CLICK! lol

The Camping in the bedroom was to see if the king showed up - he didn't, I wasn't expecting to interact with him there.
I think it might be because i got out of sync on the quests -- went to the king first, got his about town quest, then later was wandering the docks and got another (probably the first part) to go see the king. Might have caused the issue

I'll try redownloading and run new update after work tonight - testing other software today - bah not as fun as minecraft, but at least it pays the bills.

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
Cool, i'll double check that quest. he shouldn't offer it until you do the visit quest, but that also may have been because of the same issue that was causing the incorrect spawn.

I left the map in creative by the way in case something goes wrong while you guys are playing/testing. So switch to normal and survival after you load in.

MissLid

Jul 29, 2019
Hiya. Thought I'd give the pack a go - I am enjoying it thus far :)
I am having issues with the Baker's Package quest, though. I got the errand, went and got the package from the farmer, returned to the baker but it doesn't show as complete - I did talk to him before trying to manually submit it via the quest book (it is gone from my inventory). And then the Baker just continues to offer the same quest; the farmer has no interest in me at all, however :( I saw your note saying you had fixed this glitch but I guess it isn't working. I downloaded the pack today if it makes any difference.

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
Hiya. Thought I'd give the pack a go - I am enjoying it thus far :)
I am having issues with the Baker's Package quest, though. I got the errand, went and got the package from the farmer, returned to the baker but it doesn't show as complete - I did talk to him before trying to manually submit it via the quest book (it is gone from my inventory). And then the Baker just continues to offer the same quest; the farmer has no interest in me at all, however :( I saw your note saying you had fixed this glitch but I guess it isn't working. I downloaded the pack today if it makes any difference.
Thank you for the update...yeah the fix will be in 2.0.4 actually which I am actually compiling the update to submit tonight so it will hopefully be available on the launcher tomorrow.

Two side notes:
First, after this update I will move to a weekly update cycle, one, to provide relief for the other Third Party Pack Team Members and to give me more time to test out mod updates and tweak configs here or there. This does not preclude serious crash bugs and such, but quest bugs and such will have to wait.

Second, this update will introduce a couple of new NPC's and a handful of more quests to do. One of the new NPC's has a purpose, but I'll let you find out what on your own.

You'll also see that the commander has new quests (once you unlock them) and another WIP quest line that will involve the mage council that I hope will be more involved and longer than the queen's quest.

Garret Jax

Jul 29, 2019
Didn't have a great deal of time with this tonight.
Few notes:
  • Flux phage plauge going through town. every time walking past someone who has it, gets reapplied. NPCs seem to be spreading it among themselves
  • Spawm point drops you in ocean near ships, not sure if that is by design
  • Testing chest found near wall -297,65,999
  • Blacksmith sleeps on his anvil instead of his bed (Funny, not sure if by design)
  • Kings Quest to thin their numbers -tells me to kill enemies, however i've not been albe to find where they spawn. Lore comments in conversation seem to indicate anywhere outside the walls at night, but i wandered a fair ways at night and saw no enemies. Maybe the quest could make clearer where the enemies are
  • Getting going with a TC pick for gathering resources is a bit tricky -- had to work with flint pick that should mine coppper but would only mine stone until it gained its first level (Ig Tweaks issue maybe ?) after i was able to mine copper and aluminite I was able to get moving towards iron pick head

Ran outta time & have early morning tomorrow- Hope these notes help

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
The flux phage is unfortunately something I haven't been able to clear quite yet...stupid warp in thaumcraft.

The spawn point is apparently a work in progress, though new update that should be ready tomorrow SHOULD fix that

Yeah, that chest will be gone with the 2.0.5 update, i use it to store important stuff I am using so I don't have to remake it from the creative menu

The NPC's will normally go to their bed, make sure you're not seeing one of the new Minecraft Comes Alive villagers, they have a peculiar habit of sleeping wherever, but I will check in my map to make sure the NPC blacksmith didn't forget where he lives (happens sometimes)

Make sure that when you start that you are in normal difficulty, still trying to figure out how to change that in NBT because I don;t always remember when I save and quit the map

The beginning quests SHOULD be giving you guys tinkers iron tools now. If they're not, let me know and I'll go back and fix it. (at least a choice :))

Just submitted 2.0.4 so just in case, remove the tolkiencraftII folder in your ftb directory to make sure nothing freaks out from the update.

Again, greatly appreciating you guys providing feedback

MissLid

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the quick response. The quest book reward tools (apart from the sword) [*edit - the spade, pick and axe*] are only usable as crafting items - not sure if that is deliberate or not. Also stencil table doesn't work as per normal - on purpose? I have been given plenty of food but I have no hunger bar. Also, it is permanent day time. I don't know how much of this is by design but I see from comments that NPCs sleep so I figure I have got some setting wrong though I don't know which one :/

Last edited:

coolbrz

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the quick response. The quest book reward tools (apart from the sword) [*edit - the spade, pick and axe*] are only usable as crafting items - not sure if that is deliberate or not. Also stencil table doesn't work as per normal - on purpose? I have been given plenty of food but I have no hunger bar. Also, it is permanent day time. I don't know how much of this is by design but I see from comments that NPCs sleep so I figure I have got some setting wrong though I don't know which one :/

Still messing around a bit with this as well, havent done very much due to updates.

I think the spade,pick and axe are part of the iguana tweaks, cant use the stone tools other than for crafting recipes. So the fact they are not usable is deliberate i believe, whether or not they are deliberate quest rewards is another question beyond me hah.

Not sure on the stencil table what you mean per normal? I havent tested tinker on 1.7.10 yet but i did notice that there is an area to pick the item for the stencil instead of cycling through them if that is what you mean, maybe by design?

Hunger bar is on the RPG stuff up in the left hand corner. health is red and hunger is green? I think, not logged in atm. Then Xp is under that. But you are correct, no hunger bar where you might think it would be.

I thought i noticed odd lighting earlier as well, like perm daytime, though i didnt really pay much attention to it at the time and though maybe i had some odd video setting somewhere, ill have to check after the next update.

And 1 minor for the Great Orator, crafting recipe for the chisel from the chisel mod conflicts with the recipe with the botany iron trowel, so you can only make the trowel as far as i can tell.

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
I'll double check quest rewards could have sworn I changed them out for iron tools, if not I'll make sure to fix it. I think I know why the perpetual day, This is the first map release for me so I think some of the settings I am using while building (perpetual day, peaceful, etc) are carrying over even when I remove my player dat, so will throw a quick fix to the map before it gets pushed out.

Yes, hunger bar is the green bar under the hud.

And wow, all the recipes and that is the first conflict I have seen, nice work. Guess that is enough to push me to consider mine and modtweaker to clear those.

Garret Jax

Jul 29, 2019
The flux phage is unfortunately something I haven't been able to clear quite yet...stupid warp in thaumcraft.

The spawn point is apparently a work in progress, though new update that should be ready tomorrow SHOULD fix that

Yeah, that chest will be gone with the 2.0.5 update, i use it to store important stuff I am using so I don't have to remake it from the creative menu

The NPC's will normally go to their bed, make sure you're not seeing one of the new Minecraft Comes Alive villagers, they have a peculiar habit of sleeping wherever, but I will check in my map to make sure the NPC blacksmith didn't forget where he lives (happens sometimes)

Make sure that when you start that you are in normal difficulty, still trying to figure out how to change that in NBT because I don;t always remember when I save and quit the map

The beginning quests SHOULD be giving you guys tinkers iron tools now. If they're not, let me know and I'll go back and fix it. (at least a choice :))

Just submitted 2.0.4 so just in case, remove the tolkiencraftII folder in your ftb directory to make sure nothing freaks out from the update.

Again, greatly appreciating you guys providing feedback

Map had defaulted to peaceful mode, fixed that and will see if any enemies show up now
When you say the beginning quests, do you mean the HQM ones or the NPC ones, as i only got a mattock from one of the NPCs -- which i guess is a Tcon tool, but not one i've ever used