[1.7.10] TolkienCraft II - Adventure Awaits! - v2.9.5[QUESTS][ADVENTURE][NORMAL MODE]

Cntrldfusion

Jul 29, 2019
I know I posted about Logistics Pipes recipes not showing up sometime last month. I updated our server to 2.9.4 and the recipes still do not show up in NEI. So I did some testing and from what I can tell the version of LP that you are using (0.9.3.99) is not compatible with the version of Buildcraft you are using (7.1.16). In other words it doesn't recognize BC robotics even though they are there, which is necessary for the recipes to show up. For my own testing when I used a newer version of LP (0.9.3.114) the recipes worked fine. So currently that's what we are using on our server and clients in order to have Logistics Pipes.

Reactions: GreatOrator

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you for the info! I was planning on going through to see what mods are still updating for 1.7.10 but got behind due to real life unfortunately. I will note that and make sure it is in the next update.

wanghealer

Jul 29, 2019
Hi there, going to be trying this out today.

I'm jumping board from trying Obscurity in 3rd party packs ( out of date and buggy pack tbh ) and I only have one main concern:

Do you have to scribe research notes in this modpack for thaumcraft research or can you use aspects to automatically research things?

wanghealer

Jul 29, 2019
Would like to note that I die in limestone upon spawning.
cb66a7abac6d4986ad2a13d3b9666198.png

Additionally it seems that world generation is messed up and I can't use HQM. Maybe I'll play this when it gets fixed.
1da2a425dec24f3488ad71b4031cad0d.png

Rokuma

Jul 29, 2019
Hi there, going to be trying this out today.

I'm jumping board from trying Obscurity in 3rd party packs ( out of date and buggy pack tbh ) and I only have one main concern:

Do you have to scribe research notes in this modpack for thaumcraft research or can you use aspects to automatically research things?
You can always change it in the thaumcraft config, set research to easy mode. It is never forced (except by servers).

Additionally it seems that world generation is messed up and I can't use HQM. Maybe I'll play this when it gets fixed.
Make sure you have downloaded the map, the option is on there. If you do not download the map you won't actually be playing the map. The questbook can be enabled at the spawn location by talking to Elm.

The crafting tables you see are a glitch in one of the mods.

Last edited:

wanghealer

Jul 29, 2019
You can always change it in the thaumcraft config, set research to easy mode. It is never forced (except by servers).

Make sure you have downloaded the map, the option is on there. If you do not download the map you won't actually be playing the map. The questbook can be enabled at the spawn location by talking to Elm.

The crafting tables you see are a glitch in one of the mods.

Thank you!

A

AwesomeGamerMC

dude, there's a map you need to download and install to play the pack...

Reactions: GreatOrator

Sungak

Jul 29, 2019
@wanghealer - As a followup to the above, once you get to the point that the quest would TP you a safe distance for a base, you can check the post I made in the previous page. That lists the biomes I found so far that aren't overly affected by the tables problem. Or you can just pull them out for kindling, or try a Mystcraft world as also suggested on that page.

Have fun.

T

tally.er

@GreatOrator - We are playing Tolkiencraft II version 2.9.4 on a LAN connection with 2 of us on the same quest team. We are having some hqm issues. These include the defeating of the bandits registering but the troll not becoming accessible to kil, but kill the bandits again and it said the troll had been killed, same for the witch, killed the bandits again and it registered as killing the witch. Also have an issue regarding the queen's note. it was never received in my inventory making it impossible to continue on the quests. Please help.

Rokuma

Jul 29, 2019
@GreatOrator - We are playing Tolkiencraft II version 2.9.4 on a LAN connection with 2 of us on the same quest team. We are having some hqm issues. These include the defeating of the bandits registering but the troll not becoming accessible to kil, but kill the bandits again and it said the troll had been killed, same for the witch, killed the bandits again and it registered as killing the witch. Also have an issue regarding the queen's note. it was never received in my inventory making it impossible to continue on the quests. Please help.
LAN is known across the modding community as badly coded. Generally it has issues with anything bound to a specific person, thaumcraft, quests, etc.

The HQM quest line can be linked by party, however the Custom NPCs quests are not linked to that and do not count for each other, requiring each player to get the kill (usually).

When you are unable to hurt mobs like Tyltran, talk to Elmn on the docks about "enemies being my friends" and he'll fix it so you can hurt them.

However the counting of a different kill is unexpected. I've not heard of that issue at all.

Generally I'd suggest running an actual server over using the LAN feature for most quest oriented mod packs due to the buggy-ness

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
To add to what @Rokuma said, there are also issues with customNPC's if the minecraft accounts are not legitimated accounts (cracked versions) as the player UUID does not remain static. The kill counting in HQM is a possibility because it only recognizes the generic customNPC mob rather than the specifically named one

PadtheMan

Jul 29, 2019
Hi there and first off thanks for a great pack, I've read most of this tread multiple times to help me out with issues i've had and it's been a great help.my issue is i can't complet any supplytasks that require pipeweed as i can't seem to harvest it either through using a AW crop farm (although it looks like it picks it) or using an open hand, plus i've even gotton it upto 10,10,10 still no joy. any idea's on how to do this???? thanks again for taking the time to make this pack.

C

CraMagicka

Sorry if this has been answered or if it's just me but I can't seem to use link books at all? I make an unlinked book, link it and try to use it to teleport and it does nothing at all, I also tried using the crystal portal and it doesn't teleport me anywhere ;( I know I could use the draconic charms but it does have limited uses and I would prefer the link books.

Rokuma

Jul 29, 2019
aaahh ok thanks :D
In addition to needing intra linking to use a linking book within the same dimension, be aware it will drop on the ground and can be destroyed if left there too long (faster in rain/water).

You can put them on stands to make them not be destroyed, creating a place to enter/leave a world.

The librarian sells intra linking panels. (I would recommend the draconic teleport things for same dimension transport...always forget the name.)

Demolishun

Jul 29, 2019
How do people kill Tyltran? I have a +24 enderium sword that I have been able to hit him a bit. However, the issue is he knocks you back so much you almost cannot hit him at all. Then he heals so fast that any hit is wasted split seconds later. Bows don't work, slings don't work, flinging fire bombs don't work. I cannot find potions that do enough damage or slow him down enough to deal with. You cannot build around him as the area is protected. This is a very frustrating boss.

Note: Tyltran is hostile and I have been able to damage him a bit.

Demolishun

Jul 29, 2019
Great, as soon as I ask I somehow broke the wall down so he could not see me, but I could still attack him. Now I just killed him. So I guess that is one way. :)