[1.7.10] TolkienCraft II - Adventure Awaits! - v2.9.5[QUESTS][ADVENTURE][NORMAL MODE]

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
Check to see if you have COFH Core installed as a mod. If so go to "minecraft\config\cofh\core" and open the loot.cfg
Change:
Code:
B:MobsDropOnPvEOnly=true

To:

B:MobsDropOnPvEOnly=false

Random thought that could be getting in the way, figured I'd mention it.

EDIT: for clarification you SHOULD have this mod.
This is specifically for head drops, and will allow them to drop even from falling deaths. (if no other mod interferes somehow.)

Thanks for giving me hope:), but it didn't work. That config was the only one I didn't try while trying to fix the issue because I was thinking it was for loot in chests. I change the option you recommended, but it didn't work. I did notice that in the same config the WitherSkeletons { I:Chance=5 B:Enabled=false is set to false, so I set it to true, but again no luck.

There was another config "CoFHLoot" that is the same thing just typed up different, and I changed the same config you said to, but also no luck. That config also had WitherSkeletons set to false, so I set it to true. The last thing I tried was just remove the entire CoFH config folder, but that didn't work either. I would like to add when it replaced the config it didn't add back the 10 other configs that were in the main folder. I just deleted it and put back in the backup I kept.

Thanks again thou, it did really give me a few more hours of motivation to continue to try:)

A

AwesomeGamerMC

Thanks for giving me hope:), but it didn't work. That config was the only one I didn't try while trying to fix the issue because I was thinking it was for loot in chests. I change the option you recommended, but it didn't work. I did notice that in the same config the WitherSkeletons { I:Chance=5 B:Enabled=false is set to false, so I set it to true, but again no luck.

There was another config "CoFHLoot" that is the same thing just typed up different, and I changed the same config you said to, but also no luck. That config also had WitherSkeletons set to false, so I set it to true. The last thing I tried was just remove the entire CoFH config folder, but that didn't work either. I would like to add when it replaced the config it didn't add back the 10 other configs that were in the main folder. I just deleted it and put back in the backup I kept.

Thanks again thou, it did really give me a few more hours of motivation to continue to try:)

hmmmmmm, i dont think i have ever heard of that happening before.... odd :/

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
Alright, found a config option that was never there before. I will be pushing an update hopefully later today to fix this and a few other bugs we found.

Reactions: RehabOholic

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
Alright, found a config option that was never there before. I will be pushing an update hopefully later today to fix this and a few other bugs we found.

Was the config you speak of, the one that was mentioned by Rokuma? or a different one? The reason I ask I was just wondering if it had to do with the skull drops, or something else. Either or, still great that you are keeping this pack going, and thank you.

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
SOOOoooo, has anyone took a chance and put together the Draconic Reactor? I'm trying to wrap my head around it even thou I'm not there yet to even craft it. It is scary how big of a boom it can, and most likely will do when I try it. I was looking at the configs and seen an option to change it to no more than a tnt sized hole, BUT!! I didn't change it, because I figured I will have to place it miles away from my base and use a tesseract to transfer power.

Last edited:

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
Well, you can watch his (brandon3055) youtube video where he explains the setup

I have watched a few videos. I was just wondering if anyone on here has set one up. I waiting on the update in hopes it fixes the head drop issue I'm having so I can start farming withers. I'm just worried about the reactor because of how much damage they do.lol I'm thinking that I would have to build it in a mystcraft world, but I would run into an issue were it would blow up because of the world not loading right.

Rokuma

Jul 29, 2019
I have watched a few videos. I was just wondering if anyone on here has set one up. I waiting on the update in hopes it fixes the head drop issue I'm having so I can start farming withers. I'm just worried about the reactor because of how much damage they do.lol I'm thinking that I would have to build it in a mystcraft world, but I would run into an issue were it would blow up because of the world not loading right.
Make sure you chunk load the ENTIRE structure and all needed parts, fit as much of it as possible into the same chunk.

The above suggestion works for most structures that can go boom, such as railcraft boilers.

Reactions: RehabOholic
K

killkrazed

This latest update seems to have broken ancient warfare research for me in this world.
Despite adding the correct items to the research table it refuses to continue with the research.

I've tried destroying the research table and creating a new research book, but neither works - I can not progress with my research at all.

It works when I create a new creative world to test, so it's probably something that went wring with the update.

Does anyone know a way to fix this? I don't mind if I have to restart my research - but I don't want to restart the world.

Rokuma

Jul 29, 2019
This latest update seems to have broken ancient warfare research for me in this world.
Despite adding the correct items to the research table it refuses to continue with the research.

I've tried destroying the research table and creating a new research book, but neither works - I can not progress with my research at all.

It works when I create a new creative world to test, so it's probably something that went wring with the update.

Does anyone know a way to fix this? I don't mind if I have to restart my research - but I don't want to restart the world.
I have no solution for you other than to spawn in the research note for a broken research, I'm not sure if you mean ALL of them are broken, or if just one is.

I have had issues with random research in the past simply not working for unknown reasons, but others work fine. My way around it is to have someone give me the materials it'd cost, and then I hand them a research note for that particular research.

You could try deleteing the research data and maybe it'd fix it, maybe not.
(Post mentioning how to delete AW Research Data - requires .dat file editing)

K

killkrazed

Thanks for the reply, I managed to get it working.

It seems like it was a problem with the metadata of the items.
Despite having the same item code, they weren't being accepted. I noticed the problem only later when I got new items that didn't stack with my current items - the new materials worked.

Items given from quest rewards may not work with the research table it seems.

Rokuma

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the reply, I managed to get it working.

It seems like it was a problem with the metadata of the items.
Despite having the same item code, they weren't being accepted. I noticed the problem only later when I got new items that didn't stack with my current items - the new materials worked.

Items given from quest rewards may not work with the research table it seems.
I really hope the loot bags giving non stacking items gets fixed soonish...it's rather annoying to have things like ink sacs that cannot stack, cannot be crafted into a block and back to fix it, and cannot be shoved into a barrel to fix it.

Sungak

Jul 29, 2019
Neat little pack; What finally caught my interest was the use of Ancient Warfare (which I didn't know from watching Val's streams), so started to work my way through the beginning of it. Oh, and having an *actual* keybinding setup ahead of time is huge, thank you.

So I'm at that point where I've hit the 'crafting tables in world gen' issue. As I know from looking back at the last dozen or so pages, I found its not being fixed immediately. So decided to, um, 'summon' an Angel Ring :) and compile a list of biomes where its not showing up. Unfortunately, its not completely confined to River and Plains; I've seen it in Ocean etc and biomes related to all of those.

So, at first glance, these aren't completely immersion breaking:
Wetland (watery biome), Outback, DesertHills (though you still have that annoying 'fog' here), Mangrove, Lush Desert, Lush River, Dry River, Canyon, Brushwood, Witchwood Forest, Dead Forest, Grassland (mostly), Magical Forest (mostly), Fen, Maple Forest (watery biome), Coniferous Forest (watery biome). And I assume derivatives on these as well.

Hopefully this will give others a good workaround, if they're looking for someplace in the Overworld that's not overly jarring for an RP play and/or recordings.

Alternatively, it may be possible to 'base' yourself in Middle Earth instead; would be excellent for RP and Story reasons too. But for that case, we'd need to know what regions are 'safe.' I assume anything well away from the map's roads are probably OK, but will defer to G.O. for that one. :)

Anyway, with that diversion over, I now need to find a place to settle down and empty my inventory... Shorah and /salute

Last edited:
Reactions: Rastem88

Rokuma

Jul 29, 2019
Neat little pack; What finally caught my interest was the use of Ancient Warfare (which I didn't know from watching Val's streams), so started to work my way through the beginning of it. Oh, and having an *actual* keybinding setup ahead of time is huge, thank you.

So I'm at that point where I've hit the 'crafting tables in world gen' issue. As I know from looking back at the last dozen or so pages, I found its not being fixed immediately. So decided to, um, 'summon' an Angel Ring :) and compile a list of biomes where its not showing up. Unfortunately, its not completely confined to River and Plains; I've seen it in Ocean etc and biomes related to all of those.

So, at first glance, these aren't completely immersion breaking:
Wetland (watery biome), Outback, DesertHills (though you still have that annoying 'fog' here), Mangrove, Lush Desert, Lush River, Dry River, Canyon, Brushwood, Witchwood Forest, Dead Forest, Grassland (mostly), Magical Forest (mostly), Fen, Maple Forest (watery biome), Coniferous Forest (watery biome). And I assume derivatives on these as well.

Hopefully this will give others a good workaround, if they're looking for someplace in the Overworld that's not overly jarring for an RP play and/or recordings.

Alternatively, it may be possible to 'base' yourself in Middle Earth instead; would be excellent for RP and Story reasons too. But for that case, we'd need to know what regions are 'safe.' I assume anything well away from the map's roads are probably OK, but will defer to G.O. for that one. :)

Anyway, with that diversion over, I now need to find a place to settle down and empty my inventory... Shorah and /salute
Making a Mystcraft Ice world with Pyrotheum rivers also works for lack of tables. (not on purpose...random world resulted in this)

Joking aside, the Myscraft worlds don't seem to be affected.
Though I may have just missed them as my Overworld home is right next to a lot of areas with it and I've gotten used to ignoring their existence.

Cntrldfusion

Jul 29, 2019
Oh GreatOrator i bring you another weird problem. I know, it always seems like i have odd issues. I'm working on the blood mage npc quest line and I'm at the "Defeat Orsino" quest where you have to kill him and the demon. I start to fight Orsino and accidentally knock him into the portal that is in the room. He never comes back, he's not on the other side, and he doesn't respawn. I killed the demon and he respawned but not Orsino. I read through the forum and tried copying the region file as was suggested, no Orsino. I also tried using the costomenpc's tool but he doesn't show up in the list, i guess since he's not nearby. Any thoughts on how to get Orsino to come back so I can kill him? Thanks

Edit: Never mind, i read up on the customnpc commands and was able to spawn him from command line. And now he's dead. :D

Last edited:

rmfranco

Jul 29, 2019
This looked like a cool pack, but when I got it started, I spawned, and got bad "lag" on single player? I set the settings as low as I could, but it didn't help. Even going to the inventory was slow. If this was posted/fixed previously, please, what page number?

Rokuma

Jul 29, 2019
This looked like a cool pack, but when I got it started, I spawned, and got bad "lag" on single player? I set the settings as low as I could, but it didn't help. Even going to the inventory was slow. If this was posted/fixed previously, please, what page number?
I don't know of that issue, a few questions.
  • What are you launching the game with (FTB Launcher? Curse? other?)
  • Did you download the map?
  • Did you give the world time to load? (there's a lot around the spawn point to load and process)

I need to upgrade tolkiencraft II from 2.8.9 to 2.9.4, what are all the steps I must follow?
  1. Go to first page of thread
  2. Scroll down and find "Spoiler: Update process (post 2.1.x)"
  3. Follow instructions
Should be all set after that. Remember to always backup files before updating in case of problems.

AlucaBR

Jul 29, 2019
I know update, but I'm certain versions without updating, I wonder if it's okay if I do not have to do anything special from 2.8.9 to 2.9.4

i need only Copy JUST the region files from TolkienCraft II\minecraft\template\region to the same folder in your current world's save. I have to update the modpack first?

Last edited: