[1.7.10] TolkienCraft II - Adventure Awaits! - v2.9.5[QUESTS][ADVENTURE][NORMAL MODE]

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
Due to changes with the FTB launcher this pack will no longer be listed by default as of November 6th, however the code will be tolkienadv2 once again and it will still be available under the curse launcher.

Side benefit to this, no longer have to wait for pack to be pushed by them as it will be available typically within 30-45 minutes of me pushing an update now.

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
Update v2.8.2
  • Core mods updated
    • AsieLib
    • Code Chicken Core
    • Mantle
  • Mods Updated
    • AgriCraft
    • AromaBackup
    • AuraCascade
    • BiblioCraft
    • BrewCraft
    • BuildCraft
    • CustomMainMenu
    • Draconic Evolution
    • Ender Storage
    • Forestry
    • Gravestone
    • Hardcore Questing Mode
    • NEI, Integration and add-ons
    • No More Recipe Conflicts
    • Pam's Harvestcraft
    • Tinker's Construct
    • Not Enough Keys
    • Translocator
    • Traveler's Gear
    • Flaxbeard's Wonderous Steam Power
  • Configs changed
    • Botania
    • Brewcraft
  • Other changes
    • Made some minor tweaks to NPC quests to fix bugs as well as fixed some HQM quests that were incorrect.

TheDeanoRama

Jul 29, 2019
Troll in da Hood issues.

I am experiencing an issue with the troll as he wont go aggro, I've read through similar issues on this thread about this so I'll summarize what I've attempted so far, I am partnered with someone for the quests and my partner has also gone through all the bottom steps with me:
  • I've gone back and talked to the king and the commander multiple times
  • I've gone down to the dock worker (Elhm I think his name is) and gone through the monster faction reset
  • I've gone back after and talked to king and commander
  • I've even reset the region file after backing up the original (-1.2) to see if something messed up there (used to be the way to replace missing NPCs so I figured I had nothing to lose there) and gone back through all the above steps.
  • dropping the party to see if solo was the key, and it wasn't
  • I've made a fry pan and tried to slap him with it (some where there was a comment about his hard to find hitbox and fry pans so I gave it a whirl
  • I have the quest in my "L"og book "Troll in da hood"
  • In the quest book Tyltran's Lair is complete and To Kill a troll is outstanding
I'm really lost here as to how to trigger the troll for aggro. I'm not sure if there is something in the dungeon it's self that triggers it, here is how we are getting there:

we are arriving via the piston trap drop from the 1st level that lands you in the slime pool

Any suggestions as to where to go from here would be greatly appreciated.

TheDeanoRama

Jul 29, 2019
My bad, I didn't realize it was off, I had this working for an earlier version and when I did a full server wipe to jump up to 2.8.1 I never revisted the base server settings.

Command blocks now ON, nothing changed initially, but re-talking to king, then commander followed by dockworker to be safe, my latest visit rewarded me with an angry troll, thanks!

Reactions: GreatOrator

theaphexhanna

Jul 29, 2019
right, before I post a problem with the pack creator, is anyone else having problems starting a new world after the 2.8.2 update?

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
Update v2.8.2
  • Configs changed
    • Botania
    • Brewcraft
  • Other changes
    • Made some minor tweaks to NPC quests to fix bugs as well as fixed some HQM quests that were incorrect.

I was wondering a few things. First, to just update my world with the NPC's I just need to download the updated world and just transfer the custom npc's folder and over-right the one in my world? I read the instructions, but since this is the first time I just didn't start a new game, and have actually gotten far I didn't want to mess it up.

Also, I was trying to understand why Botania isn't going to be updated? It's fine that it isn't, just didn't understand what happened.lol

Last, what changes to botania config was made? I tried to look at it myself, but for me it is a huge jumbled of stuff now. Thanks again for the great pack.. I have said it many times before, but I do mean it!

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
right, before I post a problem with the pack creator, is anyone else having problems starting a new world after the 2.8.2 update?

Not starting a new world, but I crashed trying to start my world. http://pastebin.com/EzpazXy2

I seem to fix it after loading my world in McEdit, then hit: ctrl+I then hit repair regions. After a few minutes it said finished I was able to load my world again. I'm still thinking of reverting back to the last version that I backed up because I'm not sure what I will run into after using the repair option.. I'm worried it might have removed, deleted, or reset something.

theaphexhanna

Jul 29, 2019
Turns out the issue I had was a problem with the new map download. Our king has now fixed it and released a new updated map :)

Hope your world is ok rehaboholic.

Also, one more question. I know the overworld is safe to build in if you move out far enough, but what about middle earth? I have a dream of my very own hobbit hole, but is that dimension safe?

Reactions: RehabOholic

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
Turns out the issue I had was a problem with the new map download. Our king has now fixed it and released a new updated map :)

Hope your world is ok rehaboholic.

Also, one more question. I know the overworld is safe to build in if you move out far enough, but what about middle earth? I have a dream of my very own hobbit hole, but is that dimension safe?

Maybe the world download was the issue I was having. I only used the region and custom npc folders so I'm not sure. I just don't know anything about the repair function of McEdit and what I could find is from a year ago, and it says it deletes your LP network, stuff equipped to the baubles inventory, etc.

I'm not sure about middle earth, but I would think you would have to go some what away before building, but am not sure. Sorry

Edit: It seems that what ever the issue was I worked after using the new map download and transferring the files from that one. I didn't have to use McEdit:) Thanks again for letting me know about the map. I wonder what was the reason for the map being updated/fixed? Oh well, back to playing.

Last edited:

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
So to address:

Middle Earth is fine, but same general rules apply, try to move 1000 blocks from the center of a build area and you should be fine with few exceptions (large areas like moria for example).

If you updated your map during the initial 2.8 update, you SHOULD only need to copy the customnpc folder from within the new world to your existing world, but you might need to copy the regions over as well.

As for botania, I made the decision to stay at 193 (and the config change by the way was to stop it announcing it needed an update) because I did not agree with a couple of the changes such as decaying flowers and the damage cap on the gaia guardian. I have explained this to @Vazkii in the hopes a compromise can be forged such as making the decay configurable again and instead of an overall damage cap, limit damage to only botania weapons (which honestly makes more sense since even ars magica does that with several bosses).

For the recent map update (and folks, this is one of the main reasons I separated the map from the pack update) apparently at some point during packaging the regions that had updated something corrupted. I was able to fix it and get the update out thanks to it being brought to my attention(I don't typically test the world each update so that is why it flew under the radar).

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
So to address:

Middle Earth is fine, but same general rules apply, try to move 1000 blocks from the center of a build area and you should be fine with few exceptions (large areas like moria for example).

If you updated your map during the initial 2.8 update, you SHOULD only need to copy the customnpc folder from within the new world to your existing world, but you might need to copy the regions over as well.

As for botania, I made the decision to stay at 193 (and the config change by the way was to stop it announcing it needed an update) because I did not agree with a couple of the changes such as decaying flowers and the damage cap on the gaia guardian. I have explained this to @Vazkii in the hopes a compromise can be forged such as making the decay configurable again and instead of an overall damage cap, limit damage to only botania weapons (which honestly makes more sense since even ars magica does that with several bosses).

For the recent map update (and folks, this is one of the main reasons I separated the map from the pack update) apparently at some point during packaging the regions that had updated something corrupted. I was able to fix it and get the update out thanks to it being brought to my attention(I don't typically test the world each update so that is why it flew under the radar).

I can definitly get behind the Botania thing. I was thrilled with the decay change's, and I still don't understand the damage cap. Thanks again:)

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
Update v2.8.3
  • Mods updated
    • BiblioCraft
    • BuildCraft
    • Gravestone
    • Hardcore Questing Mode
    • Journeymap
    • Lord of the Rings
    • Refined Relocation
  • Configs Changed
    • Pretty sure I have gotten all mods to stop checking for updates every time you load the game except MCA
    • Fixed Agricraft (he redid his config and I did not know, sorry)
  • Other notes
    • This should fix the death crash
    • level dat for the default map updated for all the new items in the LotR mod
    • Couple of quest tweaks for the Reinforcements quest
  • Map Changes
    • Tweak to the reinforcements quest to fix despawn timer
    • update level.dat to match updates to mods to prevent ID issues
This should also fix the pack code not working properly

Reactions: Rastem88

Darsil

Jul 29, 2019
Hey I'm really loving this modpack, saved Minecraft for me.

Was just wondering about one thing. Is there some way a, config option or a mod to remove maybe, to stop it from showing the ids of items when I mouse over them? I find it frustrating and distracting.

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
Hey I'm really loving this modpack, saved Minecraft for me.

Was just wondering about one thing. Is there some way a, config option or a mod to remove maybe, to stop it from showing the ids of items when I mouse over them? I find it frustrating and distracting.

If its the same problem I was having, pushing f3+h got rid of it for me. I don't understand why it was on because I have never hit that combo before.lol